CaptainFrost - Deep Purple Kush - Supersoil - SCROG - 250W CFL & HPS - Indoor #1

Re: CaptainFrost | Deep Purple Kush | Supersoil w/ SCROG | 250w CFL + HPS | Indoor #1

really, whatever you have available, here are my thoughts:

SS has too much, not too little in the way of soil amendments, based only on my reading, not any real life experience using it here. my gut thought is if u must add something, don't use guano or anything else other that ewc, and pack a thick layer of castings on top of each container and only use water for a while. Less is more, and more is too much often times, but worm shit is gold, mellow and complete with a plethora of benefits, including the N that you are apparently seeking. tread carefully when adding over the top on subcool's recipe.

Re: CaptainFrost | Deep Purple Kush | Supersoil w/ SCROG | 250w CFL + HPS | Indoor #1

nice!
ok I was confused, lol, so you are a month veg into the roots dirt. I do have experience with that stuff, I like it more that any other bagged soil product I have tried. I guess you have some room to play around with top dressing or act's or botanical teas or and EWC slurry. all of the above would be options to add some "food" into your soil mix.

I can elaborate if you want or its all good in the hood either way amigo.

@COorganics Can you tell me more about the top dressing? It's the easiest for me to do and if you tell me a mix, I can most likely get the ingredients too

Outta town for a few days. On road soon. I would do equal parts neem meal/crab meal/kelp meal + a little chopped organic comfrey leaf (natural grocers) AND top this with a generous layer of worm castings.

Yes this is the same mix I recommended to you for fungus gnat control, not a typo. This is a great value in a top dressing as you get pest control and fertilizer.

Go easy on the top dressing and heavy on the worm castings.

You will dig, see ya Friday, off the grid now.

re: CaptainFrost - Deep Purple Kush - Supersoil - SCROG - 250W CFL & HPS - Indoor #1

Ok so i'm gonna start looking at my lighting for flower and i'm going with the 250 watt HPS.
*Need some recommendations for cheap, yet high quality bulbs for flower.
(If no responses i'll most likely go with the Hortilux even though it's quite expensive for my budget)

Also could you guys give me some input on a air cooled reflector hood? I'm thinking of just using a HPS bulb with the reflector I got now and using a lumatek ballast with it. I've read somewhere that a 250 watt HPS temperature is very manageable, in my case especially cause I'm using a 3x3 tent with only 2 plants.. so i'm asking myself, is it really worth spending the money for an air cooled reflector hood if i'm only growing 2 plants with much space?

re: CaptainFrost - Deep Purple Kush - Supersoil - SCROG - 250W CFL & HPS - Indoor #1

I used a 600 Watt with just a fan , and 4 inch exhaust for awhile . It got warm in there , but it was still doing the job . I dont think you should have to air cool a 250 watt . Just make sure to keep the air circulating , and warm air exhausting , and you should be okay

WOW! Ok so a thought just came across my head..

I previously said that my plant was having a nitrogen deficiency due to the yellowing of the leaves, bottom to top. But.. now I think that it's the PH OF THE WATER.

Before when I was using tap water, my DPK #1 was growing vigorously with some few minor issues due to chloramines [Discoloration of 1 or 2 leaves]. Since I had the discoloration, I opted to get distilled water but I didn't really care about the pH cause, #1 I thought pH wasn't a problem with distilled water since theoretically, the pH is neutral #2 I thought the water would balance itself out if it did have slight issues. THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE lol.

I am going to continue watering my plants using tap water even though it contains some chloramines until I get myself a pH up and down for the distilled water. I rather have some spots than full out yellow, dead, and dried the fuck up leaves!

:peace:

UPDATE 5 Weeks in Veg

ALOT has happened since the 2 weeks.
First, for those who happen to give a fuck, lol,
I wanna apologize for not updating last week. I'm gonna be real here, honestly, I just didn't feel like updating because my plants were doing terrible and nothing that happened was significant. Both DPK #1 and #2 had slow/horrible growth. New leaves were all twisted up and deformed.

BUT.. I found out that I had a pH problem and all is good! :)

1. I started using my tap water again and my plants absolutely love it.
- DPK #1 didn't fully recover from the lack of nutrients but it's on it's way to being a solid plant..
- DPK #2 LOVES the pH of the tap water. The growth is fast and leaves are greeeeeen!!

2. 95% sure that I have 2 different phenos. DPK #1 has no scent at all while DPK #2 is STINKY.. Now it's not at the point where I have to use the carbon filter but if someone walks into my room.. there is a faint odor :) Also the leaf structure is kinda different
*Now i'm not 100% sure because there is and will always be that factor of how it was grown.. DPK #1 has a good start but due to lack of nutrients later.. it stunted it's growth a lot and prob messed up the biochemistry. DPK #2 had a horrible start but recovered fast because it's so small that it doesn't need as much nutes.

3. I pruned and supercropped DPK#1. I know it's pretty early to do it but the old leaves were brown, yellow, dried, and just lifeless.. they had patches of green but it really wasn't worth it. I supercropped because I want to try and experiment. I ALSO topped the plant again on both sides (topped 3 times total).

Photos:

IMG_103419.JPG

IMG_103521.JPG
IMG_103617.JPG
IMG_103719.JPG
IMG_103822.JPG
IMG_103921.JPG
IMG_104023.JPG
IMG_104121.JPG
IMG_104219.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Great thread! About how far above the canopy did you keep your 250w CFL.during the grow period?

Back
Top Bottom