Caramelicious In NorCal

Thanks for all the input pan4, DaMagoMan, Minus and McBudz. Your opinions are valued and appreciated.

Are you keeping a male for any breeding purposes?
No, we don't really have a totally seperate place to do that and am not fully confident to experiment with that yet.
When do you think a possible 12/12 cycle will be induced?
Tentatively, we are thinking in the neighborhood of 2 weeks. We're taking it day by day though.
Are you taking cuttings soon, to perpeptuate the next generation?
Yes, we are planning on taking clones. Not quite sure yet about the timing. We have a bit of a logistics problem, in that we want to time the clones to be ready to move into the main grow room at the same time as harvest. We don't have a large area to produce clones much larger than a month or so old.

Well, we have to look at the bright side. We have two confirmed, beautiful females.
0544Small.jpg

0555Small.jpg

Care to venture a guess on this one? I'm guessing male.
0542Small.jpg

I'm guessing female on this one.
0543Small.jpg

So, our garden is getting smaller in number, but larger in size.
0552Small.jpg

Only the Caramelicious are showing sex at this point. The fat Indicas will tell their story when we move to 12/12.
0557Small.jpg

just leave them under 18/6 and consider going to 24/0 - as far as I have heard and experienced first had, preflowers are just that - preflowers. unless you *know* you did something to stress them out, I would say stick to the original plan - it's all gonna be killer bud, so pull the males and carry on with veg till you get some height. If you see additional signs that things are going to flower no matter what, then a new battle plan can be drawn. keep in mind that you can stretch the plants out by raising the lights, which in turn has the side effect of slowing growth a bit which could prove useful for the early birds, though this will make the tops flimsy by comparison. Only stretch the plants in moderation, and only as a last resort.

EDIT: take clones before flowering.

Thanks XSVBuds and pan4.

We're planning on another week of veg, then we will put them on 12/12. There have been no new pre-flowers.
Some large fan leaves have been removed to allow light down into the branching.

0564Small.jpg

0560Small.jpg

0562Small.jpg

0566Small.jpg

:smokin: swamp, you're going to have a frickin jungle there real soon, and that's all good. Did you get the yellowing one up in Nitrogen?
Taking cuttings to make clones to make sure when you harvest that you have the new clones ready to go into vegging under the main light room, is tricky, with little or no room to do this in. I have accomplished this by using a 36" Blue Tub from HD, a plastic pklant rack and 2 48" flouros. This can start the cuttings, to root in, in a small area. Then moving the cuttings into small
4" x 4" pots with soil, once roots have formed, still leaving them in the blue plastic tub, with the flouros on top. It gives an extra 3-4 weeks time, and by then I can use my veg room again. I will posting up some new pics showing this in more detail soon. The confirmed ladies are great. Let's get some more to join them. :grinjoint:

:popcorn:
What do you do to keep in veg? My Lowryder DR does NOT want to veg even though I keep it by my MH and t5's with only grow bulbs & stick with N ferts.

What is your light/dark ratio? Veg cycle is anywhere from 24/0 to 18/6. Longer daylight hours should send a plant back into veg state.

and again WOW haha you got a small field of tastys there haha i should be able to start in a couple weeks im gettin ready to order my tent since its mt first indoor grow im gonna use some bag seed i got from a few bags ago took about 3 hits to get rid of my neck spasms so im hopein the seeds make the same and from an oz i only picked out about 12 - 20 seeds all i could find so i hope all go's well im on disability so with all the lights and stuff i dont have the funds to pick up something special in the seed department for a few months -- but enuff of my stuff haha like i said befor you got the nicest set up ive seen so far your makin me wanna move into a house haha i been travelin around for the last 4 or 5 years in a mobile rv been here now for almost 3 years i fell in love with this place nm.-- i wish you the best of luck with your ( forest ) haha and wish you many ladys -- as you have inspired me to to try and go the extra mile with the room i have to work with --- ok enuff yakin and more growin hahaha

PS if i remember right you said you moved them to square 5-gal pots i have been to 5 stores and they all sell round pots any leads for me to buy some even online cause ive read the square are better for the roots or does it make that much dif ?

Did you get the yellowing one up in Nitrogen?
We've been giving it triple 16 nutes to no avail. It's just determined to stay yellow. You will see it in the new pics I'm posting.
Taking cuttings to make clones to make sure when you harvest that you have the new clones ready to go into vegging under the main light room, is tricky
We are going to partition the closet off with black/white plastic, being careful not to let extra light spill out into the flowering room when we don't want it to.
I will posting up some new pics showing this in more detail soon.:
Can't wait to see them.
The confirmed ladies are great. Let's get some more to join them. :grinjoint:
Actually, we had a change of plans. We started 12/12 today. We should have results here shortly.

We had the hps lights off for just a short time today and I was able to snap a couple quick photos.
0568Small.jpg

You can see the retarded yellow one upper right in this photo.
0569Small.jpg

sandsman1, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thank you for the compliments.
i should be able to start in a couple weeks
Awesome, I hope you start a journal so we can follow your progress.
you have inspired me to to try and go the extra mile with the room i have to work with
Go for it sandsman1, it's a lobor of love.
any leads for me to buy some even online cause ive read the square are better for the roots or does it make that much dif ?
I'm not sure if the square pots are better for roots, my guess is that they are the same as the round. I use the square pots to utilize space more efficiently. They can be placed together without void areas.

We have been shopping for potting trays for a while now. As a temporary solution we bought these cheap, flimsy ass, no good, shallow, leaky pieces of crap. Don't make the same mistake we did.
0572Small.jpg

We've been looking at the possibility of one room sized tray, or a few medium sized trays, or several long narrow trays. The prices they're asking for most of these trays is friggin crazy. There plastic for God's sake, not gold lined. We've even looked at concrete mixing trays, kiddy swimming pools and tupperware type trays. We still haven't settled on what we want exactly, but we got these today. They are deeper and much more substantial. They will have to do until can finally decide on what we want.
0573Small.jpg

We have 4 confirmed females. We move them around so much that we decided to red flag the known females. That
way we won't have to go searching for pre-flowers every time on the same plants.
0575Small.jpg

0577Small.jpg

0576Small.jpg

Looking good man.:smokin:

It's funny now that I no longer need pots I'm finding stuff that I needed months ago.:smokin:
Your lids are better than that thin plastic.:popcorn:

Pan4
Thanks Pan4. I can't see me going hydro any time in the foreseeable, but you never can tell, I may get a bug up my ass one of these days.

We bought a new propane heater today to raise co2 levels. The old one worked fine, but it only used the little propane canisters.
hopefully, this one will last a little longer between refills.
0579Small.jpg

Even after taking 6 males out, we are starting to get crowded for space again.
0584Small.jpg

0587Small.jpg

One of our little ladies.
0591Small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom