Catching My Green Thumb!

It's probely for the best just make shore you have some sort of ventilation / fan to stop from either burning / or drying it out lol....

Ok its been awhile but since i was trying to get exact growing methods its been hard. I added some nute got nute burn i remove nute and flushed and it was great again then bugs came in one night and i ended up having to spray the s**t out of them... but my leaves got the worst end new growth has started and is doing fine then i removed the top and got two stems popping outand now its just growing ill be switching to flowering on feb 7th or 14th depending on the plant. Now im wondering if i should remve the damaged leaves ?

0120131510a.jpg

0120131510.jpg

0120131509a.jpg

0120131509.jpg

Looks ok .. Flowering a bit early tho ? Unless your just hopeing for an 8th ? May be I'm Wrong ...

Subbed !

well the bigger leaves are broken and have nute burn also one of the bigger ones has one spot that looks s*t green and very thin and flemzy i was really thinking about removing them and allowing the new growth have a clean slate but idk need more research on that. i wanted to start flowing on march 1st but becuz of all the issues i was having i freaked out and decided early but ima wait a bit. now i have another issue i transferred the plant to a really big pot and when doing so i noticed that there was roots not attached to the main plant so i think i pulled some roots? whats gonna happen if that what i did???

Don't have a set planned flowering day, you'll need to play it by ear. You don't have much foliage to begin with here, so be very weary of how much you defoliate. If I were you I'd be tying down the main stalk to begin LST, and have the lights as close as possible with good air flow. You need to beef up the inner bushings. Hell, they'll take off in a few days anyway...

Don't worry about the roots, people sometimes even trim their roots!
Best of Luck mate

thx i started lst and have it on 24/7 light but to be honest im freaking out. ive lost plants already and for this one to be in its 4th week i want it to live! eh freakin ay....

alright so there hasnt been much change other then its getting alil bushy. im still concern with the major leaves being yellow and brown and torn from the bug attack they have gotten alot worst the new growth is doing fine and adjusting to the lst and striving really nice. pics will be uploaded soon.. camera broke

Hey PlantNoobie,
Welcome to 420 mate :)

Nice home grow. Good you got advised on getting rid of them plastic trays as pots. Not only was they see through but only 2inch deep. Cannabis roots love to grow down.

No point in feeding like already said, Miracle grow has too much food already. Just water. The reason the roots may be weak as you medium always look too dry, dry is good but water when the pot is light again.

To stop the stretching of you plants you need to switch them red CFL's for a blue spec CFL, they are the vegging lights and will keep your plants bushy. They are the 6500k cool white ones. The 2700k red are for flowering.

Thought that might help, Apart from that they looking healthy now :)

i actually do have them on 6500k but i think the bulbs are too cheap to be effective im going to home depot today and getting the good bulbs and seeing if that helps. im also getting some ?Mylar? foil to cover my grow spot since im really not liking the white paint. thank you tons everyone for all the help i really appreciate it so keep the info flowing. :)

Chlorophyll pigments access red/blue wavelengths of light in order to perform photosynthesis. The leaves are absorbing mostly red and blue, which makes the chlorophyll pigment appear green. Hence it reflects mostly green light. The red and blue color temperatures ( 2700K and 6500 K) respectively, which is 750 nm, and 450 nm respectively.

My point is that using only 6500 K for Veg or only 2700 K for flower would not be ideal. Dual spectrum the whole way through would be a good idea. For instance, some people tend to use UV (ultraviolet) ~~ 375 nm, a higher energy photon to induce resin production during flowering. To say purely 2700K is best for flowering, and that purely 6500 K is best for vegging is a somewhat inaccurate.

White paint isn't so bad at all, in fact its a good economic alternative. Mylar can be a bitch, cost some money, and can create localized hot spots that may effect the plant tips. Either way it's fine, white paint is more non-chalant.

:peacetwo:

I never meant them to be just blue for veg and red for flower. Maybe I didnt put enough info. But its best with more of blue for veg and red for flower. I still mix mine up, i vegging with a 250w blue and a 60w red. Will have 400hps for flower and some 30w side blue lights.

Like this but this was cfl

DSC005543.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom