CFL Indoor Grow 1 Plant

The plant is making alot of progress, and the second set of true leaves has completely come out they have 3 points on each leaf.

went out today and bought a 10 1/2 in reflector, 2 new 23 watt 6500k bringing my total wattage to 149 actual cfl watts on one plant. Going to wait until tomorrow to post some new pics of the setup so that the plant has time to respond to the new amount of lights.

one problem with the new setup is that I can only get the 10 1/2 reflectors within about 8in of the plant. But I don't think this will cause stretch because I do have other lights within 4in and won't be a problem when the plant grows alittle.

This is my first post, please be gentle. Point me to a correct thread if necessary.
I know you are looking for input, but I am a complete noob. I am going to follow this closely, as I am getting ready to start my FIRST grow box. I have so many questions. Could you point me to growing links, (from seed to harvest)? Or any other thread that you think I would like.
One question I have is about your lighting. Why the different lights?
(1 1400lumen 5500k 27(actual watt), 1 2100lumen 3500k 30 watt, 2 1450lumen 6500k 27 watt each)
Are they all the soft white cfls?
How are they arranged?
Can anyone point me to a thread for starting from seed to harvest?

the different Kelvin lights are just to add levels of spectrum could have gone all 6500k but decided on these lights. When I change to flowering I will be dropping all of the 6500k and replacing with 2700k. and I think the 6500k are called bright white.

As for the lighting arrangement it's fairly unique to your grow room just remember with CFLs u need to keep somelights within 4in of the plant or there not being used to there full potential.

go to the completed journals section to find some seedling to harvest journals or sometimes people put links to prior grows at the bottom of there post or even google it you will find some answers

alright here is a pic of the plant, as you can see one of the first sets of true leafs is brown I am not too worried about it cause the rest of the plant is looking healthy. one of my concerns is that the plant is growing up more than out but I don't think it's stretch just genetics hopefully it's not a pure sativa. This picture does not show what I'm talking about I will get another up tomorrow that shows off what is happening

0B54C65C.jpg

And here's a pic of the new setup

0F14D852.jpg

I might have to take out the bulbs that aren't 6500k because temps in the room have gone up about 6 degrees to 84 degrees since I added the new lights and from what I have read that's prime fungus growing temp.

Burton I might not post daily on this journal but a link on the first page to my photobucket will get new pics most days

alright well here's a picture of the strange growth I was talking about, this morning I rearranged my light so all the 6500k are closer than the lower kelvins I think this will help with horizontal growth and slow the vertical

5AF662C5.jpg

Also I'm thinking of transplanting so I can bury up to the first textured leafs. What do you guys think of burying over the first textured leaves seeing as one leaf is brown

Ive burried some lower nodes before and havnt noticed any problems though I know it will take some time for it to benifit but it will eventually. The nodes should sprout roots. This is just from my cloudy memory of a forum somewhere.

bfree said:
I am going to follow this closely, as I am getting ready to start my FIRST grow box. I have so many questions. Could you point me to growing links, (from seed to harvest)? Or any other thread that you think I would like.

Dude, you're like a starving man who doesn't realize there is a free all-day buffet right around the corner!

Most of what you need is right here. Start browsing this site. Why do you think they call the tools we use to read these messages:

Browsers

.​

Noooooo the the stem and leafs above the first textured leafs had folded over during the night. Funny thing is that those are my best looking leafs, so I buried the plant up to the second set of leafs and will see what happens possibly to hot. was close to throwing it out but thought I should atleast give it a chance

68418F30.jpg

just trying to keep it alive in a couple of weeks I think I'm gonna go to Toronto and get some legit seeds that I know will grow

yeah i think she may just be weak in genetics. Get some popular feminized seeds for some good strong genetics.

It looks OK to me. I think you should give it a chance. If you have trouble growing this one, you might have the same issues with whichever seeds you buy.

And, Rupe, there is nothing wrong with one brown leaf. As long as the new leaves look healthy, forget about the lower ones. The new growth looks good.

Marijuana leaves start by growing straight up and then slowly straighten and become horizontal. This is because you can't pack a flat leaf into a small space. So they start curled up and slowly unfurl.

This is normal !!!

Stop burying the plant deeper all the time. It is not necessary and will only stress it.

alright well don't want to jinx it but the plant is looking back on track the growth is alot tighter, and stem is looking strong. I added a fan on the outside of the grow box which helps keep the temp at 80 instead of 90+ and it allows me to keep the lights going all the time. Heres a pic on it's 19th day

3DCF3008.jpg

She looks perfect, Rupe!

Can you show a picture from the top? It would be nice to get a better view of the leaves.

When are you going to learn to upload your pictures to 420 Mag?

Right-clicking on the photos in PhotoBucket, saving them to your computer, then posting them here should be pretty easy. No special software required!

Rupert,

If you're worried about heat, you only need one of those globes for now. Until the plant becomes wider than your globe, you only need the one.

Rather than try to jockey 3 globes to focus on one seedling, put one globe directly over the plant. Place it 4" away. (Actually 2" is fine, but I'd try the 4" first to see how she reacts.) The light intensity from the one globe will be higher than what you're getting from 3 globes at a distance.

CFL's put out minimal heat (as least as far as a plant is concerned). Those globes look big enough to hold a two-way splitter so that you can put two bulbs in each globe.

I have two globes with 2 23W CFLs each and it is enough for four plants.

Four big plants.

yea the big globe has 2 bulbs in it and right now I would say it's 6in away but the 2 smaller globes are certainly within 4in of the plant each globe with 1 cfl in it and since I added the exterior fan, temps are staying very steady.

Unfortunately I have to transplant sometime this week because my grow pot is slowly falling apart and when I do that I'm gonna gave to either build places to clamp the lights to or start hanging more which I might just be able to hang the big globe for the beginning Until I get a more sturdy box

gonna be able to check on the plants in an hour or 2 and I Nuted last night so I am hoping that there looking nice and green I'll get a pic up if there's a noticeable difference

Ok I planted into a bigger pot it's alittle cramped in the room but should be ok here's a pic

CEE5671D.jpg

I'm also germinating some super haze skunk blended with blue cheese, not really just some 5 dollars a gram bunk weed i found in a old hide spot but whatever I'm just doing this to learn so when I can finally go bigger I know what I'm doing. Probably try and get that done in 3 days they might catch the first one in size anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom