Changing to higher watts during flower

SkinnyChef

I have been using a 400 watt hps to flower my plants.
They are in week 7 now..
My question..
Is it going to hurt my plants to have them under 1000 watt MH now??
Will they do something I don't want?
My son gave us a set up (1000 watt) and we put it over our grow.
There is plenty of air flow from the charcoal filter he brought so there is no heat issue.

it should be better, more light is good as long as the schedule of time dosent change.imo:Namaste:altho mh is better suited for veg.so now you got me wondering. that said as long as the time that it is on is the same its ok

You should be fine, a lot of people actually switch from HPS to MH for the last 2 weeks of flower because a MH bulb produces much more UV than a HPS which is almost none. Theory suggests that the added UV helps increase the resin glands in the bud, as a protective layer against the UV rays, causing more trichomes to form. This point has been argued both ways, I personally think it helps, however there are others who see no point to it. I think it will produce some really nice buds for you!!

You should be fine, a lot of people actually switch from HPS to MH for the last 2 weeks of flower because a MH bulb produces much more UV than a HPS which is almost none. Theory suggests that the added UV helps increase the resin glands in the bud, as a protective layer against the UV rays, causing more trichomes to form. This point has been argued both ways, I personally think it helps, however there are others who see no point to it. I think it will produce some really nice buds for you!!

My hps bulb blew, I had to use my mh during the last few weeks of my last grow. But now I have 2 plants in that has been using mh bulb from the beginning, so I can assume this is even better due to what you said?

Thank you all for the help input!
They don't look stressed at all. They have been under the 1000 watt for 24 hours now.
100_05112.JPG

Back
Top Bottom