Gram Per Watt

SeriousSmoker

So in regards to the whole gram per watt rule... I have always wondered if that pertains to the light it is receiving during veg flower or somehow a medium of the two. Basically if I have 4 plants in veg under 1000w HPS then only move three of those plants to a 1000w MH will they still produce 1000 grams theoretically? Or would they now be set for only around 3/4 of that?

Well let's assume I keep my PH perfect, use only top line nutrients, and run 18/6. In other words my other variables are all on point. But I want to keep one of these sweeties as a mother cause she is just so beautiful. I am just wondering if this will take 1/4 out of said yield.

In theory, the three plants should fill out the extra space and produce near the same yield.

But, they're going to need extra time to do that, and they'll only have 3/4 as much soil. If you upcanned the three and gave 'em an extra couple weeks, you should get near the same yield.

Check out Duggan's grows. He does a couple big ones in the space that I'd run 4-6 of 'em. I run small plants. :cheesygrinsmiley: I think Curso is using some 20 gallon pots? He did just one in a 4x4 tent. :laughtwo:

I'm not sure how the origins of gram per watt came from ?

But very unlikely to achieve that with a single plant under X rated wattage hps etc or multiple plants...

More likely looking around 0.5 gpw or a tad either side on average !

Largely depends on grow method or style of growing tho & coupled with strain yield some are lower yielding than others etc :thumb:

I have helped with a couple of my buddies medical grows in which we certainly achieved 1 gram per watt. I just have never cloned and want to try it next time i go out Cali way. And to clone you need to puck a mother and save! Just wondering if the gram per watt comes from the veg but now i see. And thank you Graytail! I will certaibly check out his grow. Me and my buddy have always ran them pretty big. 5Gal minimum but have seen 20Gal and its quite impressive!

Back
Top Bottom