Choosing a male: Tips & Tricks

Charmanderrr

What are your tips and tricks used when selecting the males to use for mating? I’m interested in hearing them all. From the easiest like eyeballing and what to look for, to possibly the extent of cloning male plants and givin em a smoke before you decide. Maybe filling the grow room with both and letting everything cross pollinate? Let’s hear it!

*Stem rub stank
*Trichs on male sacs
*color
*cluster formation
*flowering timing

Pick out what works for you on selection. Most folks dont want the tallest or smallest.

Ive seen some of the best characteristics in a male but offspring is ugly and seen mediocre dude producing good looking offspring.

Start with good genetics and its all a "roll of the dice" until you smoke the flowers

The best male is usually the tallest and fastest growing plant in the room, and the first to show sex and get done with things. The strongest male is usually an obvious choice and not at all hard to determine.
Take out the one word, "plant", and the msg reads like you are talking about 19 year olds discovering human sexuality.;):)

*Stem rub stank
*Trichs on male sacs
*color
*cluster formation
*flowering timing

Pick out what works for you on selection. Most folks dont want the tallest or smallest.

Ive seen some of the best characteristics in a male but offspring is ugly and seen mediocre dude producing good looking offspring.

Start with good genetics and its all a "roll of the dice" until you smoke the flowers
Hey I’m curious when you say color, what exactly are you looking for? In my experiences I’ve noticed heavier indices tend to come with darker greens and some sativa dominant strains were never quite as dark. Is this what you mean? Does this actually hint at which way it leans like I always assumed? Or what’s the deal?

Hey I’m curious when you say color, what exactly are you looking for? In my experiences I’ve noticed heavier indices tend to come with darker greens and some sativa dominant strains were never quite as dark. Is this what you mean? Does this actually hint at which way it leans like I always assumed? Or what’s the deal?
My buddies and me looked for a purple stem pheno of a cross we were doing which was tkx granddaddy x Santa Cruz blue dream. We knew the purple stem gave off the same terp profile. Which is a fox hole, but wanted to keep that trait to the tk mother. Some phenos are fantastic

Back
Top Bottom