CKS Blueberry Grow

I don't think that's actually a mars hydro light.

Didn't see that. Even though...$56 as a backup light or add on. Even if you only get 1 Grow out of it, it's paid for itself. I'm paying almost that for one of these. Without the driver or heatsink.
80c0ef8fdf865200172410925b830b81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Definitely not a Mars light but obviously a knockoff attempt.

The light shown on eBay has 2 fan ports on the top and also a power switch.

The Mars lights in this size (8 x 12 inch) are 300 W, have 1 fan port, and no power switch.

The number of LED chips is 60 on both the Mars and also the eBay one pictured BUT the Mars is claiming 5W chips and the eBay one is claiming 10W chips. That's how they are able to claim 600w

I might be inclined to try a light like this at such a cheap price but I would be very skeptical until it proves itself.

I'd also measure the amount of actual current used by the light as that's the best indicator of how much power a light has.

The Mars in this 12x8 size draws about 130W.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Seeing as Timber is selling the empty cases that size for the same price I'd say it's a fair deal.
5-10w diodes are cheap. If they start to go just replace them. The drivers are pretty cheap too. 2 CEN drivers will only cost you $20.

Didn't see that. Even though...$56 as a backup light or add on. Even if you only get 1 Grow out of it, it's paid for itself. I'm paying almost that for one of these. Without the driver or heatsink.

I don't know about you. But I'd rather pay a little more now. For peace of mind. And a better end product IMO. I heard so much good about the Mars lights. I had to give one a try for the price. But honestly. I'd rather use it for my house plants. Than my cannabis.

I don't know if im just jumping to conclusions. But it seems like just about every plant i have seen grown under the Mars lights have a simialr look. They have pencil thick stems with very little nug meat. And a lot of them seem to be stretchy. They all seem to produce a bunch of crystals but I'm not seeing the fat stacked nugs. that you can hardly cut with scissors, that you would get under a HPS or outdoor. Maybe I'm not looking enough. Or what, but they all seem to be lacking a certain lush Ness. You see in outdoor plants. Or we'll done indoor gardens.

Dirt Man Dan

My new setup is already using a mixture of LED and HID and soon there will be even more LED for a grand total of 400W HID and 550W (2 X Mars 600W - 278 W actual each) of Mars Hydro LEDs in the bloom area. Should eventually give me some great insight as to the effectiveness and yield of HID vs LED.

One more important thing to consider is the many other variables you see in people's indoor grows.

In my opinion, many people who are trying to start on a smaller scale choose LED. And more of the people growing in larger rooms or tents are using HID.

That one environmental difference could explain the lack of lushness or giant buds, I think...

So many variables... hard to make sense of it all unless you get all scientific with the experiments.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Yea it is an unbranded I just thought it would work for an emergency while I would be waiting to repair or replace the marshydro
I don't think that's actually a mars hydro light.

Sent from my SM-S975L using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You very well may be right. I'm just going off an observation. But really it boils down to what I like to call the " give as shit factor" how much do you give a shit. about your final product. About your means of getting there. Lol. It will show in the entire process. If you give a shit. It'll show. If you don't. It'll show.

Dirt Man Dan

I also could add it into my tent later in flowering but I'm afraid it would cause too much heat

Sent from my SM-S975L using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think you're good Joel. You're pushing 700 micromoles. When the buds pop you can push it to 900.
You can put a fan at canopy to blow off any standing heat from the array.
900 micromoles will give you fat ass buds in combination with the KB dry finish.

I'm of the opinion that you get what you put in. If you're looking to pinch pennies and "start small" (and I don't mean in a computer case) then you're likely going to get a less stellar product than your imagination has you expecting.
I ran my first AK off a marsII 1200 with virtually no veg time and it did a pretty stellar job I think. Pulled 4oz of extremely turp-y bud. There was some strong limonene presence and after it was dried it STUNK! My wife kept getting pissed that it stunk so bad. Every friend I gave some to commented on how the smell ran through their whole house. I ran another clone of that exactc same AK genetics after vegging for 3 months, flowered under a 600W HPS and it paled in comparison. It didn't have the turpene production or the bud density. The high was different as well.
The drawback was that about 10 of the epistar leds in the mars unit burned up in the few months it flowered for so that's why I bailed on it.

On the topic of cutting corners though, I constructed a "growroom", wood framed and panda film lined with velcro door seals. It was completely ineffective for flowering with any semblance of discretion. Ultimately I wound up buy a number of proper tents and regretting ever spending a penny on my DIY attempt.
I tried DIY carbon scrubbers too. I read a number of DIY instructions to make carbon filters that are "perfectly functional" only to find that they're not functional and don't have the capabilities or flexibility. Ultimately, again, I wound up buy a couple of proper impeller fans and filters and regretting ever trying a DIY solution from the start. These impeller fans make all the difference in the world. I had no idea how much air they can move compared to the average inline duct fan. These fans completely cave in my tents to the point where I've had to add structural support to keep the tent walls off my buds. Even WITH the fan controller turned all the way down.

I'm of the opinion that you get what you put in. If you're looking to pinch pennies and "start small" (and I don't mean in a computer case) then you're likely going to get a less stellar product than your imagination has you expecting.
I ran my first AK off a marsII 1200 with virtually no veg time and it did a pretty stellar job I think. Pulled 4oz of extremely turp-y bud. There was some strong limonene presence and after it was dried it STUNK! My wife kept getting pissed that it stunk so bad. Every friend I gave some to commented on how the smell ran through their whole house. I ran another clone of that exactc same AK genetics after vegging for 3 months, flowered under a 600W HPS and it paled in comparison. It didn't have the turpene production or the bud density. The high was different as well.
The drawback was that about 10 of the epistar leds in the mars unit burned up in the few months it flowered for so that's why I bailed on it.

On the topic of cutting corners though, I constructed a "growroom", wood framed and panda film lined with velcro door seals. It was completely ineffective for flowering with any semblance of discretion. Ultimately I wound up buy a number of proper tents and regretting ever spending a penny on my DIY attempt.
I tried DIY carbon scrubbers too. I read a number of DIY instructions to make carbon filters that are "perfectly functional" only to find that they're not functional and don't have the capabilities or flexibility. Ultimately, again, I wound up buy a couple of proper impeller fans and filters and regretting ever trying a DIY solution from the start. These impeller fans make all the difference in the world. I had no idea how much air they can move compared to the average inline duct fan. These fans completely cave in my tents to the point where I've had to add structural support to keep the tent walls off my buds. Even WITH the fan controller turned all the way down.

I open the bottom flap furthest away from the inline fan to let CO2 in and prevent tent implosion.

If you had a way to remove heat add the light come bud. You should be good for a week till the buds pop. You're at around 700 micromoles now?

Ya stay there. Maybe the buds will grow towards the light. You should notice a growth spurt soon.

Back
Top Bottom