Cloning Help 8 days 0 roots

Don't worry about it, and be patient as the others have said.

Too much water will slow, or prevent root growth. I took 4 cuttings on March 25. 1 died.

2 are rooted, and 1 hasn't rooted yet, but is still alive a month later, and might still root.

After 14 days, if you see no roots, my advice would be to reapply rooting hormone, and reinsert into your rooting medium. That worked for my 2nd clone that is now rooted, and I have reapplied to my 3rd clone, just waiting to see roots now.

Foliar spraying will help, humidity domes help too. Just be patient.

Mine were also taken in flower, so it takes a bit longer, but most people say up to 14 days on average to root. Some can take a little longer. Just don't worry about it, smoke a bowl and relax.

:thumb:
ok doc your the boss! smoking one now! i do have a dome on them but yeah all good advice. i just put together a 5 gal aeroponics unit, i'm going to take 10 more later to fill her up, after its had some time running and is flushed!

Just to give you an idea bud, this was taken just a few minutes ago. This clone was cut on March 25, and has no roots last I checked. But still alive, so just keep them alive, and be patient.

IMG_20150426_193526_972.jpg

This is my first time cloning, but I'm sure it'll get easier as we get some practice doing it :rollit:

A cut will keep its luster for some time with a moist medium at its base. It doesn't mean it will root. Just so you know. I wish you all the best with this cut though :) I've seen crazier things happen! to improve your chances maybe tape a clear plastic bag over it? It would only improve your chances of roots taking.

A cut will keep its luster for some time with a moist medium at its base. It doesn't mean it will root. Just so you know. I wish you all the best with this cut though :) I've seen crazier things happen! to improve your chances maybe tape a clear plastic bag over it? It would only improve your chances of roots taking.

Thanks for your input grow low, this is what i thought as well that was why i was concerned that 8 days i had no sign of rooting ill let them dwindle on if they take they take if nothing in the the next 10 days then clearing space! I just built a 5 gallon bucket aeroponics set up and took 10 fresh cuttings to put in it.

i used root tech gel w/ 45 degree cuts approximately 4 or 5 nodes down i scraped lower inch of stem an sliced up the middle of bottom edge, i trimmed lowest node off as well as tips of upper fan leaves.

My 2 cents: These are my experiences in soil.

Keep it simple. You only need the 45° cut 1m or 2cm below a trimmed node and maybe some leaf trimming.
-When I try scraping and slicing into the fleshing part of the stem I have more failures.

Clones generally take root in 8 to 14 days when using some type of cloning agent (I buy cheap powder stuff at a big box store)

If no cloning agent, rooting can take 14 to 20+ days.

Some people don't use humidity domes. I do. I take the dome off once a day for fresh are exchange and then start hardening them around the 8 to 10 day mark. Hardening: taking the dome off for 30 minutes to an hour. If they wilt I spray mist them and put the dome on. If they stay up, they have roots :)

Also, keep the clones away from direct light. Place them under a mother plant or off to the side away from light source.

Try not to kill them with love and over tend to them. It takes some time and patience.

After all that... It just takes practice.

My setup is very simple, DIY, it's just a riser connected to the pump. It sit about 4 in. under the plants.
Good Luck in the clone wars

hey thanks man put one together like you said bout 4" under plant 8 misters 400 gph pump used the wholes i cut out of the lids as the neoprene insert just put a slice in them they fit in the net baskets so snug :) everything went together so nice doesn't leak a drop and great coverage! Put 10 girls in her and everything! do you use any cloning solutions?

Another reason why I love this forum. If you focus on anything slightly negative you can get caught up in it and differences of opinion will happen in here. Though more often than not its people coming together and sharing different experiences and personal perspectives and agreeing or agreeing to disagree. To each their own as they say. It's truly refreshing!

lol A potato! good bye rock wool hello potato! makes one want to try it n see what all the fuss is about lol i looked up the ph 6.1 is average you would think roots would have a hardtime growing into the potato, maybe one day ill try for shits and giggles i also want to try using aloe as a cloning gel excited to see what happens

Looked more a sweet potato has a ph between 5.3 and 5.6 sounds like it could work if you maybe par cook the potato in the microwave to soften it up w/ out adding moisture. i might try this sometime soon in and do a comparison to some other cloning methods.

Guess who got roots!!! This guy!!!:circle-of-love::high-five::thumb: My faith is restored in my first batch of clones ever! i see white balls popping up all over the sides of the stem i can see them through the top hole in the cubes yay roots... I'm going to start a grow journal here shortly, have to dig up a camera till i can afford one of those sweet usb ones on amazon!

Back
Top Bottom