CO Finest

Mrmetfan

Wanted to say thanks for the help you have given me throughout my first grow. Your time was aappreciated. Others have helped as well of chourse. This is a good forum and im glad I found it.on a side note I fixed my odor issue. I closed my side vents and opened up a vent on the top of tent. This seems to be doing the trick.

I appreciate your post. I hope when you come across someone else with the problem you had you will save them with the info you found out that worked for you. I wish you the best and keep posting your grow out there for others to learn. Happy Growing.

I appreciate your post. I hope when you come across someone else with the problem you had you will save them with the info you found out that worked for you. I wish you the best and keep posting your grow out there for others to learn. Happy Growing.

good guy right here!

I went through the Mars 2 1200 journel,great grow.Was the grow and bloom switches already installed?
I also watched the Sun Series on youtube.Nice!!!

Anyway my question:
What could I use to cover 3.5 sq foot.Is it better to use one big panel or more smaller wattage ones?

thanks,

Indica

I went through the Mars 2 1200 journel,great grow.Was the grow and bloom switches already installed?
I also watched the Sun Series on youtube.Nice!!!

Anyway my question:
What could I use to cover 3.5 sq foot.Is it better to use one big panel or more smaller wattage ones?

thanks,

Indica

I have the mars 1600 and yes the switch were already installed. I appreciate you taking your time to go threw my post.
For 3.5 sq That comes out to 122.50 true wall watts so not growing in bigger space there is no need for bigger light You would burn or run to hot.

I have the mars 1600 and yes the switch were already installed. I appreciate you taking your time to go threw my post.
For 3.5 sq That comes out to 122.50 true wall watts so not growing in bigger space there is no need for bigger light You would burn or run to hot.

Sorry I meant a 3.5 by 3.5 square room so I'm lighting 9.25 sq feet.I'm not sure whether to get one big led or several smaller ones for better coverage above..

I've only tried the Mars 2 and if flowers are not directly under panel they stay small.
Does the 1600 have bigger buds towards the middle of panel?

Are you cooling with just one exhaust fan to create a passive airflow?

Thanks,

Sorry I meant a 3.5 by 3.5 square room so I'm lighting 9.25 sq feet.I'm not sure whether to get one big led or several smaller ones for better coverage above..

I've only tried the Mars 2 and if flowers are not directly under panel they stay small.
Does the 1600 have bigger buds towards the middle of panel?

Are you cooling with just one exhaust fan to create a passive airflow?

Thanks,

So 10.5 sqf give or take is in need of around 367 true watts. I would run two of the 96x3 reflectors. My 1600 have even buds from middle to outside. The key for that is having light high enough to cover whole foot print even. If it is a little to low you will see outside smaller. I had two exhaust fans to keep neg pressure in my tent. I had one intake with 6" inline fan in it with a control box to adjust intake air speed. I had two fans hanging from roof of tent pushing air across top of lights towards the main big exhaust. Having a fan blow over across light and towards exhaust helps keep the warm air from light moving around in the grow area. Now when needing warm air for cold days I could move fans to blow the warm air off of lights down and around the room.

So 10.5 sqf give or take is in need of around 367 true watts. I would run two of the 96x3 reflectors. My 1600 have even buds from middle to outside. The key for that is having light high enough to cover whole foot print even. If it is a little to low you will see outside smaller. I had two exhaust fans to keep neg pressure in my tent. I had one intake with 6" inline fan in it with a control box to adjust intake air speed. I had two fans hanging from roof of tent pushing air across top of lights towards the main big exhaust. Having a fan blow over across light and towards exhaust helps keep the warm air from light moving around in the grow area. Now when needing warm air for cold days I could move fans to blow the warm air off of lights down and around the room.

Sorry,
It's 12.5 sq feet of canopy.
Did you find that the mars 2 or reflector series that one had better coverage while the other better depth penetration?

Sorry,
It's 12.5 sq feet of canopy.
Did you find that the mars 2 or reflector series that one had better coverage while the other better depth penetration?

Well I keep hearing people talking about depth. If you are growing a plant like outside then the depth would matter. Indoors 3watt will make a 12"-16" bud no problem. 3watt can be put closer then 5watt which in turn gives same depth in light. If grow right you can do the same with ether light. 12.5 it would need 437 watts needed.

I am a grower that always keeps more then one light over plant. Now I may not use the extra light but I always have a back up no matter what in case light failure I have a quick backup. So I also like more then one led fixture over plants to do the same. In most cases when I have one big light (1600) I have t5 or t8 above it in case. I do the same thing on my hps grows as well. For 400 + watts I would run two 144x3 or if wanted one light I would use mars900.

Hey the Co Finest, I would also like to thank you for your YouTube videos. I bought 2 X 250w led from China a couple of years ago but all they did was cause me problems in the case of iron deficiency to the point of disaster and after a lot of wasted time I reverted back to hps(I have of 20years experience experience but that's a different story for different day!) . Now I have seen you using the reflector, Mars and sun series I'm gonna jump back in and try again. I have a 4ft square tent which going by the sizes on the website I would require 2 of 96 X 3 reflectors. I personally think that 2 of 144x3 would suit better but thought I would ask you for your opinion. I want even canopy and have 45inches from scrog screen to top of tent (have raised hydroponics setup) and normally finish with 12inch Cola above screen using 800w hps. Am basically thinking I need 5-600 with of led and just using 1 144x3 for veg and 2 for flower. I would really appreciate your input for what I should buy for maximum yield. Many thanks, Dozer

Hey the Co Finest, I would also like to thank you for your YouTube videos. I bought 2 X 250w led from China a couple of years ago but all they did was cause me problems in the case of iron deficiency to the point of disaster and after a lot of wasted time I reverted back to hps(I have of 20years experience experience but that's a different story for different day!) . Now I have seen you using the reflector, Mars and sun series I'm gonna jump back in and try again. I have a 4ft square tent which going by the sizes on the website I would require 2 of 96 X 3 reflectors. I personally think that 2 of 144x3 would suit better but thought I would ask you for your opinion. I want even canopy and have 45inches from scrog screen to top of tent (have raised hydroponics setup) and normally finish with 12inch Cola above screen using 800w hps. Am basically thinking I need 5-600 with of led and just using 1 144x3 for veg and 2 for flower. I would really appreciate your input for what I should buy for maximum yield. Many thanks, Dozer

thank you for your post. I appreciate you taking your time to watch my videos. I would run two 144 in a 4x4. It would give you max yield if plants are grown right for sure. Just remember to up your plants cal/mag when they get under the leds.

Many thanks for your speedy reply and advice. At what ppm or ec would you suggest adding of cal/mag as a starting point? My water quality is a whopping 0.9ec out of the tap so already pretty rich in cal/mag already, so would think maybe 200ppm??? I Would appreciate your thoughts. Growing very hungry girls at the moment who can take what I throw at them! Once again thanks for your advice. :thumb:

Many thanks for your speedy reply and advice. At what ppm or ec would you suggest adding of cal/mag as a starting point? My water quality is a whopping 0.9ec out of the tap so already pretty rich in cal/mag already, so would think maybe 200ppm??? I Would appreciate your thoughts. Growing very hungry girls at the moment who can take what I throw at them! Once again thanks for your advice. :thumb:

You can start at 200 and keep a close eye on them. It is really hard to say the best amount with all different cal/mags out there and some strains are more needy then others. Some cal/mags do way better then others as well. I have been using green planets which I now use half as much then when I used g/h and advanced nutrients.

Thanks for your help, it's most appreciated and I have been in correspondence with Mars and a light is being ordered tomorrow. Bottle of cal pro and I'm up n running. If fully happy I will get a second. I told Mars that your u are the reason I'm ordering and they should keep throwing you lights lol :thumb:

Co finest,
The 144*3 work good,more red than mars 2 but heat 20-30 degrees is less than T5 at bulbs.

Out of the Mars 2,Sun Series and reflector,which is your favorite?
I'd like to have a fixed light height,about 3-4 feet high,move plants up with shelves then scrog.
What height might be work for 80/20 indica/sativa?
Have you ever tried mainlining or manifold?It's basically a scrog type train so no screen is needed.
I use it but some strains react poorly but other very good.

Well my light and green planet pro-cal are here. Im going to be using one 144x3 and one 400hps. Im in flower now (4weeks)and grow in hydroton and would like your advice how much cal - pro per liter i should use. I also read that the iron can fall out of solution in hydro tank due to pump magnets, is it as simple as giving it a regular mix up to counter this ?( you seemed well qualified to ask !). Once again, many thanks for your help :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom