Confused about high brix method

Doc Bud has developed a kit to go with your locally sourced Promix HP that I believe he offers at a minimal price. You have probably read one of his journals if your reading about high brix and I believe I have seen him request that those interested contact him directly through PM.

Be well and good luck.

every grow journal i have read where the grower got a kit from him seemed pretty pleased. anyone have any idea what the cost is? i don't know if it is feasible for me as i haven't been able to source that base soil locally. i saw it was available thru home depot but i believe its available on-line only. i know my local HD and local Garden centers don't have it. haven't checked many of the hydro places yet. i'd imagine having to have it shipped would be a significant cost

I believe the kit is $85? Don't hold me to that, it may be high. You need the big bale of Pro-Mix HP and 20 lbs of worm poop, too. That'll make about 60 gallons of soil, with enough nutes for that and more. I figure $150-200 complete. You can run the soil at least 4 times and refill the nutes as you use them up, so the cost is pretty low.

I had the same problem with HP locally, but I was able to use another Pro-Mix product and add the perlite and mycos. I was able to get straight Pro-Mix at my local Menards. Of course, probably not this time of year. :cheesygrinsmiley: And yeah, shipping dirt is silly expensive.

I'm always ready to point out that I'm not a particularly talented grower. My plants look the way they do because of the high brix kit, not me. Just by following instructions, you can grow stuff that will blow people away. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was just running numbers through my head. I run 6 gallon pots, so I get 10 plants from a soil run - easy to calculate. :cheesygrinsmiley: The first run is good and it costs about $20 per plant. The second run is very good and it costs about $5 per plant. The third run is spectacular and it costs $5 per pot, and the 4th run should be good at $5 per pot. That's 40 total plants for an average of under $10 each.

I don' know how that compares ... ?

i keep find myself seesaw-ing back and forth between trying hi-Brix and just going Supersoil. since it will be my first grow ever, I'm leaning towards the latter, as it seems the simpler way to just get started. then, depending on how that grow goes (or doesn't), consider trying Hi-brix for the next go round, or maybe doing a side-by-side grow for comparison. i'm sure somebody has done that. i'll have to do a search in the journals and see.

onavelzy,

Would like to humbly suggest keeping it as simple as possible for the first few times. One step in using Doc Buds high brix kit, is that the soil must be "cooked" for 60 days after the promix, worm castings, and other amendments have been mixed. This must be done in a relatively warm environment to allow development of the beneficial bacteria that begin breaking down the amendments to make them available for the plants.

i keep find myself seesaw-ing back and forth between trying hi-Brix and just going Supersoil. since it will be my first grow ever, I'm leaning towards the latter, as it seems the simpler way to just get started. then, depending on how that grow goes (or doesn't), consider trying Hi-brix for the next go round, or maybe doing a side-by-side grow for comparison. i'm sure somebody has done that. i'll have to do a search in the journals and see.

I dont quite grow in supersoil but i use ocean forest with worm casting perlite and exrta lime.easy but a bit expensive im def not going high brix kit..it works for me i am using pure blend pro as well so it should be all organic as well.i usually transplant into this hot mix right before flowering kinda like the supersoil ideas just easier for me and produces results..thanks for all the responses but i would consider this thread dead with all the negative energy around the high brix journals.i dont want to start any arguments

Back
Top Bottom