Conspiracy Kush Monster Crop Soil Bakeoff

wrongdog

What's this grow about?

I just finished up my first ever grow - it was Conspiracy Kush seeds that I got from TGA SubCool at Seattle Cannacon this winter. Four made it to 12/12 and 3 were males! 5 weeks in to flower and I made an unfortunate miscalculation with a small electric heater, 1/2 of the plant literally melted. I ended up harvesting an ounce of nice looking bud that's curing in jars now. I was bummed about the results - so I see this as a chance for a redo!

Somewhere in the process, I read about monster cropping - that taking clones from flower plants will create plants with large amounts of lateral branching. So about 20 days into flower, I tool two clones and put them in a high humidity container with low light and let them set. They sat in flower, barely growing, for over a month. Finally about two weeks ago I tore all the bud sites off and they went back into veg!

I decided to do a little experiment with them. One will be using FFOF in the medium mix the other will use 'multi-purpose top soil. I just want to see how the two compare.

Strain: Conspiracy Kush from TGA SubCool - Heavy Indica

Medium: Both plants get 33%/33%/33% Soil/Coco/Perlite

CK-1 - Multi Purpose Potting Soil, Coco & Perlite
CK-2 - Fox Farms Ocean Farms Ocean Forest, Coco & Perlite

Nutes:
Botanicare Pure Blend Tea
FF Grow Big
FF Tiger Bloom
Botanicare Cal Mag
Terpinator

Lights: They are in a 4x4 tent with an 800 watt LED and a 400 watt COB LED and 2 150 watt LEDs for supplementals. I put them outside on nice days.

20 hours light, 4 hours darkness.

Currently:

I repotted them into 4 gallon smart pots today and gave them their first watering with full veg nutes (week 3 on FF Feeding schedule) with 10 ml FF Grow Big and 2.5 ml of cal mag per gallon. The ph was 6.0 going in and 6.2 coming out.
Here they are, CK1 is on the right and CK2 is on the left.
ck1.jpeg

When they first started to reveg, they grew odd one and three fingered leaves for a while. Some looked really deformed. I pulled all of those off to clean them up a bit.

CK-1 You can see that she already has tons of branches.

ck3-1.jpeg

CK-2 - The bigger of the two.

ck2-1.jpeg

The pictures I have seen from monster cropped clones make me believe that they can go crazy with brancing and bud sites, I'll let them get used to their new home for a few days and then start some low stress training to keep them under control and get light to the center.

I'll take that leather chair over there please. Love crazy growing plants haha! What a cool grow. Always wondered how revegging would turn out.

I'll take that leather chair over there please. Love crazy growing plants haha! What a cool grow. Always wondered how revegging would turn out.
It's an odd process to watch. It's like they are only kind of alive but in a comma it something. The flowers grew a little, produced resin and smelled awesome until I finally tore them off. I waited until the roots filled a solo cup before I did that. Then, I just put them in the sun every day until they started vegging over the past two weeks.

I'll post some pictures of that process tonight.

Night before last, I began LST training on the girls. The initial results are great!

In my first run, I tried pushing the coated wire directly into the fabric of the smart pot. I decided to put wire loops in to use as attachment points:

a11.jpeg

Then I tied them down all around

a6.jpeg

from the top

a2.jpeg

and then put them back under the lights

a4.jpeg

Two Days Later (Today)

I watered this morning with 6.1 pH in - I didn't measure coming out.

Nutes:
FF Grow Big - 10 ml
Cal Mag - 2.5 ml
Mammoth P - 2.5 ml

Temp: Min 67 Max 73 (the weather has been mild)
RH: Min 54 Max 58

And they are responding beautifully! There are so many growth tips!

They are sharing the tent with another monster crop and a few other fems from seed - so I don't want them to get too big. My current plan is to finish this week in veg, flush this weekend and then put the whole tent into flower.

a7.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom