Cool nights and flowering plants

blk92mustang

Hey all, I live in northern ohio and have tw plants outdoors. My plants have been flowering for 7 weeks now. Soon the temp. and night will dropping into the 45-50 degree range. Can someone explain how the plants react to this temp? The daytime temp will be in the 60-70 degree range. Will it slow down it takes to finish? Speed it up?

The plants should be ready in the next few weeks I am thinking. The plants are just from 100 oz reg, but look better than expected. Thanks

Hey all, I live in northern ohio and have tw plants outdoors. My plants have been flowering for 7 weeks now. Soon the temp. and night will dropping into the 45-50 degree range. Can someone explain how the plants react to this temp? The daytime temp will be in the 60-70 degree range. Will it slow down it takes to finish? Speed it up?

The plants should be ready in the next few weeks I am thinking. The plants are just from 100 oz reg, but look better than expected. Thanks

Hi Mustang,
I am not expert but I've read enough of other people's journals to know the temps your talking about will not bother your plants until winter really sets in.
So you should have time to finish.
:peace:

Are you able to easily check the plants? Those temps are pretty low. If you can easily check them watch them closely. The low night temps may bring out some interesting colors in your buds...blues, violets etc., But you need to be able to monitor the appearence of the plants, so if they are in a distant location, give them two nights of low temps and then go check them, prepared to harvest if needed.

im up in northern ohio myself, ive never done em outside but i would just watch for mold. as long as a frost isnt coming you dont need to cover em or anything

Re: 40 degree temp. and my plant

cover them with some plastic or make a mini make shift green house out of plastic and if its goin to freeze stick a small heater or something to keep the temp around 70

Re: 40 degree temp. and my plant

That's like on the threshold of frost which kills plants according to Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture: The indoor.outdoor Medical Grower's bible p.120. The strain definitely something to do with it. Some strain fare well in warmer climates, other in cooler ones. I'm an indoor man mostly. Hope this helps some. U may want to cover them or move them to a shed where U can utilize a space/shop heater til it warms up. Also he warns to look out for mold in cool damp climates (same page). My 2 cents. Hope some of it helps. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom