Crop Insurance?

I, as I'm sure most of you, have noticed the advertisements for insurance on this forum. The main question I have then is this... have you or anyone you know actually had this insurance and then been able to claim on it?
This is a serious question and I would like some serious replies...
I think it would be fantastic to be able to insure my crop against loss from pests, weather, theft and such things.
So how bout it, anyone ever used an insurance agency to insure their MMJ?
Maybe you know someone who has done this, I would like to hear any RL stories for or against MMJ insurance! :peacetwo:

My suggestion would be you call and ask them. I'm sure they would be happy to give you more info. Then you could post your findings. I'm sure it would help others out.

My suggestion would be you call and ask them. I'm sure they would be happy to give you more info. Then you could post your findings. I'm sure it would help others out.

Funny you should mention that... I am doing just that... I am waiting for a reply; I will definitely post my findings here.
I do know that they insure dispensaries, not sure about private growers/care givers though.
LOL... I wonder if they would pay if all my pot got burned up in many small fires... :tokin:

Funny you should mention that... I am doing just that... I am waiting for a reply; I will definitely post my findings here.
I do know that they insure dispensaries, not sure about private growers/care givers though.
LOL... I wonder if they would pay if all my pot got burned up in many small fires... :tokin:

I know you are not the only one asking them. Your post has gotten many people thinking!:)

I know you are not the only one asking them. Your post has gotten many people thinking!:)

I hope they will post their findings here, I haven't heard back from them yet... maybe they thought I was just pranking them... LOL

Crop Insurance in US agriculture fall under the USDA, RMA, FSA and the is contracted to AIP"s (Approved Insurance Providers) such as Rain and Hail. Ultimately, it is controlled by the Fed's and everyone know their stand on marijuana. This is an exert from the loss adjustment manual.

Under the Food Security Act of 1985, any person who is convicted under Federal or state law of planting, cultivating, growing, producing, harvesting, or storing a controlled substance in any crop year will be ineligible for USDA benefits, including crop insurance for 5 years. The 5 years begins with the crop year in which the person is convicted of a controlled substance violation.

Any crop insurance for sale is not connected to the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom