Curious on total quantity of nutes used in a 5gal DWC

Justones

I'm always planning head... still planning the 5 gallon DWC. I've ordered pretty much everything to get started. Sitting here reading the general hydroponics feeding chart. Then I had a thought.

In a single 5 gallon DWC grow. How much nutrients should I expect to use total? Just to get started I ordered a Quart each of the trio then a quart of calmag. But now I wonder what the total amount used during the whole grow will be. Then I'll know if I should buy larger size bottles to be cost effective moving forward.

Also on a side note, is it ok to switch to a different brand or series of nutes during a grow?

That's a loaded question the plants will answer that depends on how strong your mix is I run an and the 3 1 liters feed 6 5gal buckets no problem but I only run about 30% strength
Now changing mid grow I've done it but you have to be careful cause not all are equal you'll find that out I've used difrent additives with no problem but watch your base like if your using a 3 part I wouldn't use amy thing different in them

Yup..ditto ditto

I've been running about half nutes and will be dropping that next rezz changes

Easy number would be 50% of suggested by manuf per gal
Now my 5gal buckets take 3.5ish gal of water, bit more when young

Idk..seems like a legit question. I can either expect my individual quarts to last a whole grow. Or I should expect to buy at least 1 to 3 more quarts of each, maybe more? Lol.. I expect it can vary, but a round about of what to expect shouldn't be rocket science right?

Idk..seems like a legit question. I can either expect my individual quarts to last a whole grow. Or I should expect to buy at least 1 to 3 more quarts of each, maybe more? Lol.. I expect it can vary, but a round about of what to expect shouldn't be rocket science right?

Lets put it this way. Im using 7x the amount you will be using since you will be using it in a single bucket and i have 7 5g buckets. So far i have used the starting amount on day 1 which used a good amount, then i did a rez change around day 25 i think and used some more. I've still got 3/4ths of all trio nutes left. You will be using 1/7th the amount im using so theres no way you will use even half for your full grow. Even if you did frequent rez changes you still likely wouldnt use even half, maybe 1/4th haha.

See, that's what I needed to know. Not an exact measurement. But rather I'll be buying more soon or if that should be enough for an entire first dwc grow.

Thanks.

So far i've followed it. Seems to be working great so far, but 1 of my strains (GG #4) has some tip burns where'as the others are just fine. Play it by sight, follow the schedule if u like and if you see nute burn (tips of leafs turning white) you know you can back off a bit and just keep adding plain water from that point. For me thats what i do because my plants drink 2 gallons of water every day since like day 30 or so. Before that, i had to take out a few gallons of nute water and replace with plain water early on when the plants were not drinking all that much.

Back
Top Bottom