Czar's poor man's bagseed grow

Yeah for sure Vexer, thanks for stoppin' by! Your grow's lookin pretty phat as well! Do you think I should add more soil to the top of my seedling? Also, how often do you guys normally check pH and what do you use? I have a soil pH tester but I'd like to get one I can use for soil or water or w/e. It's just a shitty kit where you add soil and water into a vial with a mix and shake it, but it's alright for now. What you guys think?

I have some strips I use to test my water, Im not to worried about my soil. I usually add more soil once they get a little big. It just gives em more roots and support. And since we are growing indoors extra support on our plants is never a bad thing lol.

Thanks Vex, +reps to you sir! I'll also be watching your jornal as your little ones are lookin' great! Check out my post "How old are YOUR babies?" if you wanna put some info down on 'em, looks like mine have some catching up to do to yours but we're around the same time so I'll be watchin and tryin to give you a hand as well! :p

Lol thanks caesar, I cant wait to see how our results will vary. Well actually your baby is kinda in the middle of my few week old ones and my new sprouts. So that is pretty cool we're in the same time frame.

Good to know Vex, thanks for the add! I'm gonna post a little update now since I just checked my babies, I think the light was a bit far, I haven't seen much stretching yet but I would rather fix it before my plants show me I need to. I also noticed my cups on the outside of my seedling were still pretty damp so I moved them all closer together.

You can see I moved them all closer, moved the lights down and
put a reflector over the light.

My baby at day 3. Still early in the day so I'll check her tonight,
the bend in the stem is slowly fixing though!

Do you guys think I should put something over top of my light to direct more light downwards? Or will it be okay with the reflector up there? Also, I was checking it out and if I'm using 15W CFLs they put out about 450 lumens each, is this enough? Or should I go pick up 2 23W CFLs putting out 1100-1600 lumens? Would it be worth it? Would it spike my temp up a lot?

Temp/RH update:

Temp: 22°C (75°-78°F)
RH %: 58

Do you guys think these reflectors are doing anything or am I wasting my time with them? Should I put tin foil on the inside of the box straight up? Also I'm thinking of adding 1 worm or 2 to my soil since I grabbed about 10 the last time it rained, you think this would help? I'd prolly only use 1 worm but there are a bunch in the soil I'm transplanting to so I think it'd be okay, feedback?

LOOKING GOOD MAN.....the waiting game begines!!!....I'm not shure about the worm thing ....im a hydro guy (i love saying that...LOL )...but somebody here will have the answer...wanting to know myself....I was thinking of getting some ladybugs for my grow myself.....GREEN MOJO to you man......PEACE

good luck with this grow dude. its exciting when they first get going.

worms aerate the soil don't they? cant see how they could hurt.

hope to see more of your seeds come up.

I would drop them down to 18/6 mainly becuase studies have shown 24/0 doesn't promote quicker growth. So you'll just save that much more on your electricity bill IMO. Good Luck

thats not true,everyone has their own opinions,Imo 24 hrs light would be better just add a computer fan and get more cfls in there asap since 2 cfls will not be enough for 10 plants and they will just stretch and die

average watts per plants should be 100w per plant so use 2 25w cfl bulb,that should equal to 150 watts

for veg use something high N and low pk but not too low like 20 10 10 and add some superthrive

after a 4-6 weeks or 1 1/2 feet tall you should put them on strict 12/12 and you should see them showing sex in 7-14 days

hippie: thanks for stopping by dude, and thx for the mojo! :p
E-rok: Thanks man, I actually can see the other 2 I put down coming up a bit! :D
faith: Thanks for clearing a bit up as far as lighting goes, but in about a week or two these babies will be going outdoors so I'll be waiting on the whole sexing ordeal lol
l8: Thanks man, I hope they do too, thanks for the help on the reflectors as well!

-----------------------------------------

A little update, you can see my little girl who I decided is Bernice (because I hope she grows like she's on animal growth hormones just like Dodgeball lol) perked up a bit and looked pretty thirsty so I took care of that and I can see the very tops of what I think will be a few seedlings!

A few pics:

Bernice before watering

my whole grow with the fourth newly planted

I also wanna clear a few things up. I will be moving these plants outdoors in about 2 weeks, and the most I plan on growing is 6 this season since it'll be a bit before I know sex. Plus I will probably only put 4 under at the same time since I doubt I could put any more cups down and have them receive sufficient light. I also moved the lights to about 4-5" from the plant, just a bit closer... and probably got a bit carried away with watering the other 2 seedlings off the bat because the soil's still moist enough that they don't need a drink quite yet. So far so good, hopefully tomorrow we'll see some new sprouts!

ok good plan! watch out on the watering! a mistake i made at the begenning but as you go on you learn when to water as well as water techniques! and i think i can also see the other seedlings! good luck!

Stony: Thanks for checkin' it out man! Great way to look at it for sure!
hippie: Thanks for checking in! I don't know how much the white cups will help but they were the only good-sized cups I had lol

A little update! I checked on everything today and the other two I planted finally sprouted! Looks like things are going good in there! I also replaced the one 13W CFL with an adapter and two 13W CFLs which are putting out about 850 lumens each which should help a lot! I'll also be keeping a close eye on temperature and humidity just in case. Some recent pics:

The new setup with the new bulbs in

A look at Bernice and the new little ones

My buddy also gave me a bag of about 40 seeds today so I'll be picking through them to see if there are any decent ones worth going for, but the most I'll be planting will be 8 so I'll only be germinating a few at a time. I also rotated Bernice a bit so hopefully she'll bend more towards the light and end up growing more straight. I was thinking about putting a few stir sticks in the soil and lightly tying it straight up, do you guys think this would be good? Or just let her grow natural until she's big enough to move outside? We'll see how it goes! Let me know what you guys think! :smokin:

WHATS UP MAN!!!!.......Bernice will do just that...she'll follow that light wherever it is....if you are going to put some support stick in there..I would do it before she gets her feet about her (roots) and that way you know your not stabbing her roots....steady as she goes..looking good......................PEACE

Oh mighty Caesar, get your hands on a glass jar with a lid, fill 3/4 with rain-water and a few drops of seasol if you have it, screw the lid on and shake for several minutes to aerate the water. Next from the seeds your friend gave you pick out the ones you think look good and add to the jar and seal it, lightly shake for few minutes. Let sit for 24-48 hours and whatever seeds sink to the bottom are decent, use them, any floaters toss 'em right out.

Hail Caesar!

thanks stony! +reps to you for making me lol. I'll have to try that, but after they sink do i remove them when they show root tips? I've been using ceramic plate/bowl method soo I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom