DankDragons info gather

dankdragon26

thinking of skipping veg and going from germ in 12/12 light, to keep plant small and flower quick.

i know this will reduce size of plant, reduce yield, and reduce grow time. will it kill potency if i switch to 18/6 towards the end of flowering

i highly do not recommend going straight to 12/12 from germination. this will increase ur chances of getting a male ,and may cause strange uneven growth. plus older plants produce more trichomes and express them selves better and are just all around happier. and youl be happier with ur end product if u veg them out. i recommend waiting at least 4 weeks after germination or until female pre flowers emerge

in that case i will have to wait until my big cabinet is done. which is 2 more months of back pain before i can even hope to get a plant going/flowering. hopefully the dry spell is over soon

Definitely don't do 18/6 at any point after you've switched to 12/12 (I'm assuming you mean 18 light, 6 dark, not 18 dark 6 light?) - the plants need 12 hours of complete darkness to flower and maintain flower (it's the darkness that causes hormones to build up that trigger and maintain flower, light breaks these down) - if your plant is in flower and you change the light cycle to anything that doesn't provide at least 12h of complete darkness without interruption then you'll screw her up royally and she won't know if she's coming or going

No worries mate - it seems a bit counterintuitive in the sense that so much importance is often placed on the light, but actually the dark period is massively important. Even autos that can flower under 24h light actually do better given a period of dark

I grew a positronics jack diesel and blue mystic 12/12 from seed and I topped the bm once and the jack D twice and ended up with about 2 zips from bm and about 1 1/2 from the jack. I would do it again it was nice to fill the spare space with a different flavor.

>>>so youre saying that the potency will be the same for 12/12 as it would be if i veg for 4 weeks tnd then flower?

what about yield?

I've grown 12/12 from seed as well due to height constraints! I felt like the yield and the amount of slower growth during flowering were the MAJOR cons for me. By slower growth rate I mean d the 2-3 week growth spurt before flowering and the 2-3 week growth spurt after inducing a 12/12 regime ;) Yield was no more than 1/2 oz each time I tried this method!

i figured at this point in time, instead of using 12/12 to manage height, i may just leave them in their small pots for this grow and see what i get there

I currently have a 17in x 17in x 7in PC grow box that I have completed full grows in. If your specs are anyway similar to mine, I found that 1 month of veg/LST time and then induce flowering gave me the most beneficial results in the end!

Did you post pics of this PC case in your journal? I would like to see it ;)

Back
Top Bottom