Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I recently grew a few Black cream autos from sweet seeds. One kinda had some color. Other ones were green. Didn't get good pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_201401894_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180707_201401894_HDR.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 199
I am wanting to attempt to make some Dark Devil auto fem seeds using a colloidal silver spray. Everything I am reading says to start spraying the selected branch/plant about a week before flowering and continue till you have female pollen sacks forming which could take up to 4 weeks total. Having never grown the DDA plants I can only guess when it will start flowering. My plan would be to pull out the plant each day and look it over with a 30x loupe looking for the start of pistils.

I know a number of you in this thread have grown multiple DDA plants. Approximately when will they begin to flower? Being grown indoors if that makes a difference. Oh, and I bought a bottle of this. Anyone used it? If so with what results?

I am wanting to attempt to make some Dark Devil auto fem seeds using a colloidal silver spray. Everything I am reading says to start spraying the selected branch/plant about a week before flowering and continue till you have female pollen sacks forming which could take up to 4 weeks total. Having never grown the DDA plants I can only guess when it will start flowering. My plan would be to pull out the plant each day and look it over with a 30x loupe looking for the start of pistils.

I know a number of you in this thread have grown multiple DDA plants. Approximately when will they begin to flower? Being grown indoors if that makes a difference. Oh, and I bought a bottle of this. Anyone used it? If so with what results?
I have used 60 PPM colloidal silver and had both good and not so good results,DDA #2 refused to generate any usable pollen, stuck between both sexes, but it did make 1 seed on itself. I am finishing off # 3&4 DDA that were successful in making seeds from #1 DDA whom did make pollen,:Namaste:

I'd say it flowers around day 30-40 ish

So around day 20-30 I'd start spraying
I think if they start on average around day 35 then if I start spraying around day 30 I should be good. In the event they don't start till day 40 I don't want to have been spraying for more then 10 days prior to them starting.

I think if they start on average around day 35 then if I start spraying around day 30 I should be good. In the event they don't start till day 40 I don't want to have been spraying for more then 10 days prior to them starting.
I started my Candida spray 10 days before flip, wouldn't be an issue if you start then

What spray were you using? The stuff I bought it 50ppm which is pretty strong. This Northern Light plant I have been spraying now for 8 days and she is taking a beating. It's been in the flowering tent now for 5 days. She is a photo no auto.

I am wanting to attempt to make some Dark Devil auto fem seeds using a colloidal silver spray.

Seems like a popular activity these days. And speaking of popular activities, lol: There are a number of DDA seeds floating around today that were created by a selfing a plant and allowing it to pollinate itself. IF those are what you are growing (IDK)... I would recommend that you go ahead and spend the $28.31 for three or $47.16 for five seeds produced by the official breeder (current - and reasonable, IMHO - pricing at our sponsor, The Vault) and either reverse one to cross with another or, if you must, self one of them.

Selfing an S₁-generation plant will probably work for your purposes (I think some either have already done this or are doing it), but it doesn't strike me as being a genetic "best practice." Done on the single living example of a strain (or species, for that matter) when desperately trying to save the line? Yeah, in a heartbeat. Done to save thirty bucks? Well... When Rifleman selfed one (original, plus crossed that plant with the Mephisto... Sour Crack?) he literally got thousands of seeds from each. So it's pretty much got to be worth the price of a new pack, lol.

I think I've already expressed this opinion once before - and, again, selfing a selfed plant will probably work for your needs, at least if those needs involve just growing plants instead of using the genetics in additional breeding projects in the future - so I will probably not do so again. (I really do not set out to be annoying, it just sort of happens ;) .)

Regardless, good luck!

Time to eliminate DDA#2, she is due to be dissected to hunt for another seed or two. I give up getting any pollen from her, she just refused to give. I know I can't smoke it because of CS, is there anything that it is good for? DDA #3&4 it's time to give up their seeds.

DDA # 4-3-&2
DDA4 on the left, DDA2 on right:Namaste:

I know I can't smoke it because of CS, is there anything that it is good for?

Throw some into the potpourri pot along with your regular mix, lol?

Back
Top Bottom