Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

right on... your cloner is rocking. I'm 1 for 15 now this round... I was doing sooo well there.

I have a decent cloner... seems unless I run a very light diluted bleach solution thru it over night between runs, or nothing will root. I'm having better luck with a glass of water lately.

I think there's some stuff we can use to keep the water going .. SLF 100 in the res... so we don't have to tear down every week! Haven't tried it yet tho...

Quote from website:
"SLF-100 is effective in all phases of the growing cycle and is compatible with all nutrients, fertilizers and rooting compounds. SLF-100 is also compatible with H202."

Good to see its compatible with water... I bought one of their flat bill hats cause I think I look cool wearing it... specially with wrap-around sunglasses! :ciao:

I have figured out how to set up nets around the 2 Atlas systems in main-room. I wanted something flexible, so wood was out of the question. I wanted something that's easy to set up and to take down and clean between grows. So after doing some thinking I bought 6 nets 120x120 from Secret Jardin. Flexible and nice nets me thinks, can easily make them bigger or smaller according to demand.

And now to the ingenious part. You know those shower curtain rods? Some made of plastic, others aluminium or steel. The thing they have in common is that they're expandable and you can lock them into position. There's no rule saying they have to be horizontal so I will use 4 of these around every flood-table and then I'm gonna attach the nets to them. That means I will need a total of 8 rods. The photo is the IKEA version, but I'll go for a little more sturdy version from a local shop in aluminum.

Then to the masterplan!

I will do two layers of nets over each section. First layer will be like a scrog'ish thing. You have to remember each section have 16 plants, so filling out that net will go fast. It should however give enough vegg-time to allow all the plants to develop nice and healthy root systems and it will also keep me from flipping them too soon.

The second layer of net I will put up after I flip them to 12/12 - Remember we're talking about a strain that at least triples in length during flowering, perhaps even more. I have never seen anything like it. And the branches really just want to fall over and lay on the floor. So we'll let them stretch through the second layer of net and this net will act as support for the plants to keep them from falling over the last 2 weeks before harvest.

That means I need a total of 7 nets (2 for the Mars Hydro tent, 4 for main-room and one for the small homebox tent for more traditional scrogging) and 8 shower curtain rods.

I think that's gonna do it and I'll finally master this lunatic strain!

Always were a sucker for stats. So am keeping track of water temp, pH, temp and relative humidity inside dome and outside dome. LOL

PS! They still look like they were never cut off their mother. No sign of stress whatsoever. Fascinating

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

winter has been hard. The big buds and (good news) one of the Jack Herer plants have almost filled up the net in my little tent. My big-bud strain survived and I found myself an easy to grow Jack Herer that simply thrives in the hydroponic system and grows fast as hell. The other Jack sucked like all the others before it, and I pulled it. I only keep winners.

Think the clones in the cloning machine are almost ready to be planted. In the meantime 4 other pheno's of Trainwreck are growing in main room, just waiting for their sisters to root. Two of them looks very interesting, one looks extremely indica. An indica growing style Trainwreck would be cool. But as the pheno I have now is the best stuff I ever smoked, I don't know what to expect.

Not doing much updates these days. Am going through a hard time personally. But will be over soon and then I can get back to business 100% again

Guess that was all for now

Take care of youself first. Glad to hear of your success. My GHS train wreckis growing strong. I hope it turns out as well as yours. I loved the stuff i bought when i was in CO.

On a sidenote - Living in hell sure is hell... I woke up this morning with this horrid ache in my penis! So I went to the bathroom and had a look and I found this monster attached to my fucking penis!

Garrapatas(1).jpg

Tick

The fucking monster was sucking blood from my erected penis. Now that's a nightmare folks. Since I have cats, I also have a tick-remover, so am quite experienced with removing these monsters. I remove one from myself almost weekly during the summer months. That's just a part of living in the middle of nowhere with nothing but mother nature around you. But wow - On the penis..... That's so fucked up. I'll have nightmares for months

I'm skipping ahead/jumping back a bit - did you get Lyme disease?
Enjoying the read!

Yeah. I did get lyme disease. It totally sucked. Been pestering me for months. Stealing all my energy. But I am much much better now. I've had and am still having some personal issues to work out though. That's why I am not so active in here these days. Sorry about that. I've been doing a lot of growing and harvesting since the last update. Still working on the Train Wreck as it is still the strongest strain I ever smoked and It seems I don't really build up much of a tolerance like with the other strains. Extremely strong, long lasting and slow tolerance build. It would be the perfect strain if only it would produce a little more per square metre. 500 grams per square metre is the best I managed so far, but I started another round a little while ago. This time with 5 different pheno's just to see if there is an even better one out there. One of them looks very very indica, so that's interesting for me. I always were an indica man.

Been battling thrips the past two grows and I discovered something interesting. There's thrips on my drying buds. They're very close to being finished drying, then the curing would normally begin. But I see there is like millions of tiny thrips "escaping" from the buds, which makes me reluctant when it comes to smoking them. I mean - I know insects are in everything we eat from rice to vegetables, but millions of them?

I sort of were under the impression that thrips didn't like buds so what the hell is going on here? They crawl out of the huge "jar" I am using to cure them. I put 500 grams in that thing and still after 3 days, thousands of them are leaving that jar every time I open it. Did any of you ever experience something like that? They remind me a little of fruit flies. Small and annoying. But they seem to just disappear after they "escape" the buds.

Would really like some input on that matter - anyone seem something similar? Is it even thrips?

Oh - BTW! It was luckily not the penis one that gave my lyme :D

I got bitten like 10 times last summer, mostly around the belly area. And one of those suckers had a good dose of lyme for me. You see - if you discover the buggers before they get to suck on you for like 12 hours, they will most likely not be able to infect you. So if you discover one, get rid of it fast. And don't squeeze it cause then you will just push it's content inside your bloodstream and that way you'll get sick for sure. Use one of those tick removers they sell in the pet stores.

That sucks man, having Lyme disease. I had a big target rash on my belly about 20 years ago, was working in the bush at the time. Back then there was no such thing that we had heard about Lyme. Shortly after that I had intense abdominal pain, but because I had previously suffered from some pain down there, they figured I had Crohn's disease so it never properly got diagnosed. After months of shitty treatment and drugs they finally went in for surgery and the surgeon was pissed off at the gastroenterologist because it was some bad in there and he had to do some emergency cutting. To this day I wonder if I still have it, who knows but I power through life since the doctors seem to know so little.

Meanwhile, root canals! nuff said about that.

I managed a small grow of my own. I can't imagine the thrips you speak of. But, they are probably feeding on the woody material of your buds, or leaves, not on the THC. I considered consuming one of the worms I found in the bud stem of one of my plants, who knows maybe it is a nice Tequila-ish high. But doubt it.

Pictures or it didn't happen! Rock on

Back
Top Bottom