Day 28 flower, too late for defoliation?

Cheffrey

Here's a pic , would you defoliate, too late?

I've never defoliated before but have read the concepts on it

Attachments

• 20191027_183226_HDR.jpg
    20191027_183226_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
Here's a pic , would you defoliate, too late?

I've never defoliated before but have read the concepts on it

No, it's a little on the late side, but still should be done. I'd do it over a three day period, a few leaves from each branch per day.

De-foil? Are you talking pruning or taking off fan leaves. If its taking off fan leaves, try to avoid. This is nothing you want to do with cannabis.

For lots of reasons. I could go on and on about it if you like??

4 words for you. A little google should get you onto the reason for not doing this de-foil thing.

Senescence
Abscission
Resorption
Translocation

These are normal plant processes that most all plants go thru including Cannabis.

Here's what fan leaves do - they feed the flowers when the fans mature and fall off.

In the 2nd pic you can see the stem sort of thinning out. Thats abscission happening. During that process the leaves give back to the flowers all the stored nutrients via translocation and resorption during the process of Abscission (leaves turning colors and falling off).

That narrowing of the stem is the plants process of losing the leaves naturally. That process also gives the plant nutrients from the fan leaves as it turns color and begins the process of falling off (abscission).

Back
Top Bottom