Day 34 of stunted? WW auto small LED Microgrow, first grow

H1gherD1mensionz

Hi guys, first time grower here. My tent is a humble 30x30x70cm and I'm using a dimmable 95W full spectrum+ir LED board. Growing in a 5ltr fabric pot with biobozz allmix and is set up inside a cupboard.

IMG_20210124_194807628_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_194819121_HDR.jpg

It is day 34 on the White Widow Auto and as you can see she didn't veg much at all. I may have caused this by overwatering while early veg or perhaps the light is too intense? Currently 11" from canopy. I've slowly increased the intensity from 15 to 50% where it is currently. I've been using Buxton bottled water which is pH 7.4 on bottle and 8.4 using PH meter. I use a small drop of apple cidar vinegar to bring the pH to 6.5 before waterings/feedings. Currently I'm giving biobizz grow, bloom and topmax with coconut water and aloevera gel.

The rH moves between 30-40% depending on how dry the soil is. It's actually a battle to keep the humidity up in this small tent due to the light which will bring the temp up to 28C at 50% intensity when the cupboard door is closed. When its slightly open I get a consistent 23C.

IMG_20210124_195010783_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_195206504_HDR.jpg

I also may have performed LST probably too early and stressed her into a faster flower as the pistols started to show quite early. Her height is 14cm right now and I've been bending her down sideways and trained the main cola to grow to the right, back then left. It is hard to see under all the dense foliage but there are many buds on the short stems with lots of thick white hairs.

I'd love to hear your input on this. Thanks.

Hi guys, first time grower here. My tent is a humble 30x30x70cm and I'm using a dimmable 95W full spectrum+ir LED board. Growing in a 5ltr fabric pot with biobozz allmix and is set up inside a cupboard.

IMG_20210124_194807628_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_194819121_HDR.jpg

It is day 34 on the White Widow Auto and as you can see she didn't veg much at all. I may have caused this by overwatering while early veg or perhaps the light is too intense? Currently 11" from canopy. I've slowly increased the intensity from 15 to 50% where it is currently. I've been using Buxton bottled water which is pH 7.4 on bottle and 8.4 using PH meter. I use a small drop of apple cidar vinegar to bring the pH to 6.5 before waterings/feedings. Currently I'm giving biobizz grow, bloom and topmax with coconut water and aloevera gel.

The rH moves between 30-40% depending on how dry the soil is. It's actually a battle to keep the humidity up in this small tent due to the light which will bring the temp up to 28C at 50% intensity when the cupboard door is closed. When its slightly open I get a consistent 23C.

IMG_20210124_195010783_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_195206504_HDR.jpg

I also may have performed LST probably too early and stressed her into a faster flower as the pistols started to show quite early. Her height is 14cm right now and I've been bending her down sideways and trained the main cola to grow to the right, back then left. It is hard to see under all the dense foliage but there are many buds on the short stems with lots of thick white hairs.

I'd love to hear your input on this. Thanks.
Welcome brother. Beautiful garden, everything looks on track for nice harvest. :welcome:

Gorgeous plant! Ok since it’s an auto it’s not going to get much taller / bigger, while thats not optimal it’s still ok. So she may not get taller but her buds will get more dense, just run her on into the finish line.

For your next go around try to get into a larger container to start with, 3 to 5 gallons is right for an auto and do all of your training or lst and stuff before day 21. But there is a problem starting a small plant in large final container, read Emilya post on how to water an autoflower or small plant in large final container. Yes work wet dry cycle hard in veg and even during the first week or two of flower.
here’s link >>> Emilya’s water an auto

whats your light schedule?

Whilst I know exactly what @013 is getting at, I think a 3-5 gallon container is going to take up way too much of your limited space. I've done several autos in just over 1 gallon pots (approx 4 litre) and smaller. In a small cabinet. Are you adjusting pH after adding your nutes? I'm guessing so as she looks healthy enough. @013 has sent you the good info on watering. That's probably the main reason she's stunted. As for lighting you only need 30-35 true watts for 1 ft/2. You didn't mention anything about air exchange. Have you got extraction and intake for fresh air? For your first attempt she's looking good and you'll get some beautiful homegrown bud off her still :goodjob:

Just to show whilst your pot size isn't ideal it's not a huge problem.

This is a pink grapefruit auto I did in a fabric pot that holds about 4 litres. Yielded 2oz dried. My cabinet is only 64cm tall.
20210125_200950.jpg

Then here's my current photoperiod gorilla glue in exactly the same pot.

Welcome brother. Beautiful garden, everything looks on track for nice harvest. :welcome:
Thank you for the encouragement!

You didn't mention anything about air exchange. Have you got extraction and intake for fresh air?
My intake is the passive venting at the bottom and I'm using an Arctic P-12 static pressure PC fan to exhaust air through a 200mm carbon filter sitting on top of the tent. I used these "fan duct shrouds" from eBay to connect it to the ducting and filter which fit perfectly. It was very pleasing to achieve negative pressure in the tent as I was worried about the fan not being strong enough.

1611659981800.png

As for pot size I initially got a 7.5ltr pot but it took up too much space for what was needed. For nutes I add them all into one container with the water and measure the pH which is usually around 7.6 from 8+. I then add the ACV bit by bit to bring it to 6.5 before feeding/watering.

whats your light schedule?
I've had her on a 18/6 schedule.

Thank you for the watering guide that will be useful! For the most part I've stuck to a wet/dry cycle and lifting the pot to check when she wants watering. I always wait until the soil is dry and light. I've been watering/feeding every 3 days.

Just to show whilst your pot size isn't ideal it's not a huge problem.

This is a pink grapefruit auto I did in a fabric pot that holds about 4 litres. Yielded 2oz dried. My cabinet is only 64cm tall.
20210125_200950.jpg
Amazing!! I would be laughing like a mad man with just half of that to be fair.

How close did that one get to the light? And after 1 more auto run (amnesia haze) I will be trying a photoperiod since it seems better suited for small grows since it can be better controlled.

I was a bit worried but you guys have given me some confidence now. Upon checking her today she has grown more and starting to develop a lovely smell. This will now be the true test on my carbon filter soon! :hmmmm:

I'm appreciating the replies. :thanks:

Greetings! Day 39 and she has grown some and is packing on those trichromes. The carbon filter is holding up fine as her aroma increases, not smelling a thing outside the tent.

I'm in England and the weather has been very cold, however it is starting to get warm and now the temperature in the tent is at a steady 28.1C even with the cupboard door open, where it would stay at 23C prior. I'm gonna get some little bottles to freeze and use them to try and lower temps slightly. Any suggestions for controlling temp in this small space?

IMG_20210129_100034299_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210129_100515810.jpg

I want to keep up on the journal, should I start a new thread in the journals section or keep it going here?

Get a journal going and put a link in your signature.

Frozen water bottles can help in a small space. I had to do that towards the end of last summer when it went freakishly hot for a couple of weeks. Otherwise it's a case of a cooler running light and more air extraction.

Get a journal going and put a link in your signature.
Okay it is done now!

Okay it is done now!

That's the one mate. I'll jump in.

Back
Top Bottom