Decarboxylation in oil

Hi,
just wanted to clear out one thing - if I am infusing coconut oil, say for 90 mins, and then using this infused oil to make cookies, - would I still need to decarb in oven first? I am going for high cbd.

Hello 420

Decarbing bud on a tray stinks my house out, and I lose terpenes.

I am aiming to dissolve my cannabinoids in olive oil probably. Is there any reason why I can't do this all at once by just heating oil in the oven in a jar to 120C adding the bud, stirring and leaving it for 30 minutes? Thus decarbing, retaining terpenes and not stinking house out all at once.

I don't quite understand the chemistry. Will decarboxylation occur when the cannnabinoids are (partially) dissolved in oil? Why do people say to decarb in air?

Th
This is the machine you need to do it correctly with minimum smell and perfect everytime Anyone can decarb and infuse in this the Ardent it's all done by correct heat and time I'll put up a link if you're interested,it a bit pricey but make GREAT QUALITY products for edibles The site probably can explain the process of decarboxylation,and infusion better than I could.✌️

IMG_20230318_101604.jpg

Some decarb in air and some the oil; some of it has to do with how the oil is made, be it a cold wash or a hot extraction. Decarbing the oil is definitely less stinky but your temp and time are about right. I would use 27 minutes @ 250*f.

decarb_graph_zps33f82670.jpg

How do you intend to keep exactly 120*C for 30 minutes?
I made a mistake and put the olive oil b4 decarboxilation. So now I have wet oil cannibus. Can I cook it away?

I made a mistake and put the olive oil b4 decarboxilation. So now I have wet oil cannibus. Can I cook it away?
I just did the same 😏 did a net search and wound up here. So, I read somewhere, you can still decarb it together. Just trying to find the correct temperature and times...

I just did the same 😏 did a net search and wound up here. So, I read somewhere, you can still decarb it together. Just trying to find the correct temperature and times...
Oil is said to insulate the trichomes a bit making them difficult to decarb fully.

if you are making the oil in an open container you can watch the decarb process happen since as it heats up and decarb takes place the bubbles will get more intense. Once the cannabinoids are fully decarbed the bubbles will stop.

Many of us like to stop well short of that, however for a couple of reasons.

The first is the raw cannabinoids (thc-a, cbd-a, cbg-a, etc) have medicinal value of their own which is slightly different from the "fully activated" version and the second, if you decarb long enough to convert every last compound, some of the early thc will have begun to degrade into cbn, the sleepy time cannabinoid, so those looking for max thc prefer to stop the process a bit earlier than that.

I just did the same! Did you figure it out?
I just did the same! Did you figure it out?
OK, I just read what you posted, good read. I read elsewhere, that you can still decarb within the oil, but it doesn't get the max thc out. Anyway, I make Brownies specifically, double batch brownie mix,, used 1 cup oil, I use MCT coconut oil. Put 3/8 ounce of 26%TCH bud, ground it fine in a coffee grinder, (Yes, I know, no need etc, etc. I just like it.) so, I dumped the ground buds in, like a non thinking dummy, trying to rush. I use an infuser with set times on it. Did 240 degrees for about 30 minutes +/-. I thought maybe, since I messed up, I added another 1/8 of 36% buds, properly decarbed in oven, then threw that in the Infuser, lower heat 180 for an hour or so,.... It ended up pretty strong, so, little bites. :p

OK, I just read what you posted, good read. I read elsewhere, that you can still decarb within the oil, but it doesn't get the max thc out. Anyway, I make Brownies specifically, double batch brownie mix,, used 1 cup oil, I use MCT coconut oil. Put 3/8 ounce of 26%TCH bud, ground it fine in a coffee grinder, (Yes, I know, no need etc, etc. I just like it.) so, I dumped the ground buds in, like a non thinking dummy, trying to rush. I use an infuser with set times on it. Did 240 degrees for about 30 minutes +/-. I thought maybe, since I messed up, I added another 1/8 of 36% buds, properly decarbed in oven, then threw that in the Infuser, lower heat 180 for an hour or so,.... It ended up pretty strong, so, little bites.

OK, I just read what you posted, good read. I read elsewhere, that you can still decarb within the oil, but it doesn't get the max thc out. Anyway, I make Brownies specifically, double batch brownie mix,, used 1 cup oil, I use MCT coconut oil. Put 3/8 ounce of 26%TCH bud, ground it fine in a coffee grinder, (Yes, I know, no need etc, etc. I just like it.) so, I dumped the ground buds in, like a non thinking dummy, trying to rush. I use an infuser with set times on it. Did 240 degrees for about 30 minutes +/-. I thought maybe, since I messed up, I added another 1/8 of 36% buds, properly decarbed in oven, then threw that in the Infuser, lower heat 180 for an hour or so,.... It ended up pretty strong, so, little bites. :p
Moral of the story…we need to pay attention next time loll. I’m standing next to the stove babysitting a glass pot of Mct and cbd with a food thermometer.

Back
Top Bottom