Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Re: Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

I was cleaning them one day and needed a shower anyway. Wife said to make sure I get all the gunk out of the tub before she took her bath so in they went and it worked out. Inspirations come from some strange angles sometimes. LOL!

You'd be surprised at the Time shortcuts you can discover in the bathroom.

When its time to give the cat a bath, I just toss some washing powders in the toilet, and toss the cat in real fast, close the lid and flush it a few times. You don't even have to encourage her to get back out. Just open that lid and out she comes!

I take mine into the shower with me! 2 or three showers will do it! Is it wrong to have a collander full of hydrotron next to the bathtub? LOL!
:)ever step on one of those little buggers barefoot?:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::peace:

You'd be surprised at the Time shortcuts you can discover in the bathroom.

When its time to give the cat a bath, I just toss some washing powders in the toilet, and toss the cat in real fast, close the lid and flush it a few times. You don't even have to encourage her to get back out. Just open that lid and out she comes!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Man your cat must love you!
Hey I got one one why not load the pick up w/ dirty dishes and take it to the car wash?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Man your cat must love you!
Hey I got one one why not load the pick up w/ dirty dishes and take it to the car wash?

Thats the way we do it in Alabama! Well, when the truck has all 4 tires and will crank up and run and the old lady earned a few quarters.
. If not, we just wait for a good rain. And the dogs help alot too.

Roseman,We Love you! your knowledge and humor please us to no end
we feel like you are the guy "next door" swapping crabgrass stories and playing horseshoes and smoking a few fattys
peace always brother:peace:

Roseman,We Love you! your knowledge and humor please us to no end
we feel like you are the guy "next door" swapping crabgrass stories and playing horseshoes and smoking a few fattys
peace always brother:peace:

Thank you, jbarrg,
I think being born under a shade tree and pulled out with an engine hoist made me what I am today!

PICT0430.JPG
:cool:
Here is a photo of my 420 girl on harvest day,GOOD medicine :cheer:

TDS/EC in well water.

You said you draw from a deep well and that your pH is about 7.2. Same here.
But did you say what your TDS/EC runs?
Mine is about 775 ppm, seems to high to me. Yes? No?
Question is: What is the highest TDS you've worked with and how do you compensate?

(For comparison, my local small town municipal system is 7.2 and about 125 ppm, seems ideal to me.)

Also, have you ever tried rain water?
Easy to catch in a drum.
7.0. TDS in the 25 ppm range.
Kill the microbes every rain with chlorine, which evaporates before you need it.
Haven't done it in 55 gal volume, have done 5 gal buckets.
Your opinion?

FYI, I've read a half dozen grow journals, yours is by far the best.

I've got the hard info in Word, about 150 pages with photos. Will edit that down to 100 or so. If you're interested, I can send you a copy when I've finished. Essentialy, it's a how to book.

Thanks again,
george

SORRY, Ignore the previous comment about your TDS/EC in well water

I found what yours runs on your posts. Guess I'm getting old, didn't see it before.

george

TDS/EC in well water.

You said you draw from a deep well and that your pH is about 7.2. Same here.
But did you say what your TDS/EC runs?
Mine is about 775 ppm, seems to high to me. Yes? No?
Question is: What is the highest TDS you've worked with and how do you compensate?

(For comparison, my local small town municipal system is 7.2 and about 125 ppm, seems ideal to me.)

Also, have you ever tried rain water?
Easy to catch in a drum.
7.0. TDS in the 25 ppm range.
Kill the microbes every rain with chlorine, which evaporates before you need it.
Haven't done it in 55 gal volume, have done 5 gal buckets.
Your opinion?

FYI, I've read a half dozen grow journals, yours is by far the best.

I've got the hard info in Word, about 150 pages with photos. Will edit that down to 100 or so. If you're interested, I can send you a copy when I've finished. Essentialy, it's a how to book.

Thanks again,
george

In my part of the country, rain water actually stains the windshield of the car. They call it acid rain. First thought is I'd be afraid to use it, but then it rains on my veggie garden and they are OK, so I really just don't know about rain water.

I appreciate the WORD offer but I already got it.

Welcome to 420, I hope you hang around and visit often.
Have you done the INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD yet?

I need help asap!!! Please!!!

last monday i planted 15seeds in 1" rockwool cubes... i messed up by putting them in nutrient water 1st instead of just regular water. Two of the 15 seeds have already started to grow above ground and are about 4-5 inches tall with their 1st set of leaves...if any of you are familiar with the trinity super closet by i need your help for what i should do next...i all the other 13seeds and some of them have germinated as well and are growing tap roots the others are not... I have my "bubble tub" set up to place the rockwell cubes in the 3in cups with regular water in them... should i now transfer the two that are growing into the bubble system now and provide them with fluorescent light??? or what...im so not sure what to do next...and the instructions i have are garbage... also the 2 that are growing have a yellowish green tint on the leaves and stem is this normal??? please help...

im usin the trinity side by side super closet if any1 is familiar with that unit or has experience with this matter and growin in a hydroponic closet such as this please help a brother out!!! this is my first grow and I have very expensive seeds that I dont want to ruin...and would really like to have a successful 1st harvest and the info I've been getting online and from Jorge Cervantes' book on horticulture isnt answering my questions....please help....thanks a million!!!

Re: I need help asap!!! Please!!!

last monday i planted 15seeds in 1" rockwool cubes... i messed up by putting them in nutrient water 1st instead of just regular water. Two of the 15 seeds have already started to grow above ground and are about 4-5 inches tall with their 1st set of leaves...if any of you are familiar with the trinity super closet by i need your help for what i should do next...i all the other 13seeds and some of them have germinated as well and are growing tap roots the others are not... I have my "bubble tub" set up to place the rockwell cubes in the 3in cups with regular water in them... should i now transfer the two that are growing into the bubble system now and provide them with fluorescent light??? or what...im so not sure what to do next...and the instructions i have are garbage... also the 2 that are growing have a yellowish green tint on the leaves and stem is this normal??? please help...

im usin the trinity side by side super closet if any1 is familiar with that unit or has experience with this matter and growin in a hydroponic closet such as this please help a brother out!!! this is my first grow and I have very expensive seeds that I dont want to ruin...and would really like to have a successful 1st harvest and the info I've been getting online and from Jorge Cervantes' book on horticulture isnt answering my questions....please help....thanks a million!!!

I've seen Mostly Crazy answer you on other threads. Let us know how it is going now.

Thanks Roseman, you've totally sold me on bubbles. I was going to build a hydrophonic system that would have cost much more than a Deep Water Culture set up. Thanks for saving me some money.

grrr, my links didn't work. I'l get it right next time.

For something like this, multiple reps should work. I have to spread around some rep before I can hit you again. Lol. It's a great string and one of few I've followed from beginning to end. Frankly, I was captivated from the first.

Flat white paint would be better and more reflective then tin foil with no hot spots. I have mine covered in panda film (black on one side and white on the other), white side out. I like the panda film because it's washable. Best is mylar for reflectivity but I wouldn't clean it.

:yahoo: i used mylar wrapping paper from the 99 cent store you only get 4- 5 feet but it's only 99 cents+tax here in cali. i look for a solid color and use the back side which is non colored:peace:

You can order survival blankets online that are cheaper. I got a dozen for my grow room for, I think, about 12 dollars US. It's still cheaper because I get about four times what you get in the wrapping paper.

MCR Medical Supply Product Number SB-1001-010

This is where I got mine. I ordered 10, but they sent 12. I got them the day after I ordered them.

Back
Top Bottom