Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Re: Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

You can order survival blankets online that are cheaper. I got a dozen for my grow room for, I think, about 12 dollars US. It's still cheaper because I get about four times what you get in the wrapping paper.

MCR Medical Supply*Product Number*SB-1001-010

This is where I got mine. I ordered 10, but they sent 12. I got them the day after I ordered them.

How has this worked out for you in your grows? I am in the process of trying to find cheap Mylar and might go this route if I wont sacrifice any results.

How has this worked out for you in your grows? I am in the process of trying to find cheap Mylar and might go this route if I wont sacrifice any results.

Mylar is pretty popular with growers as it reflects 100 percent of the light and heat. To test it, I glued some to a piece of plastic and put it 4 inches from a 400 watt mh light, after half an hour both the mylar and plastic were cool to the touch.

I've only used it for about 2 weeks and my plants are doing well. I mentioned it because it's universally popular with growers and usually cheaper than anything you can get as a substitute.

Hello Everyone,
I am now now qith my 2nd attempt using my bubblieponics setup.

I have 3 tall girls over 3 feet tall. They are in 1 month of flowering and it seems that 1 plant is stealing the nutes from the others. She has the buds forming nicely and the other 2 taller plants have hvae skimpy buds. I have been using my EG meter and read 1400+ and I seem to use to ph Up numerous times a day. Is this cause they can use more nutes? I am not sure. I thought that the 1 plant was absorbing all the good nutes and the other 2 suffered, any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, I am using Adv Nutes the leaves are not yellowing at all. I tried looking for a place to upload a pic but I can't seem to find it here. Peace.

In the BP set-up one plant is not going to steal mutes from the others. It could be that the one plants is a different strain or perhaps is exibiting difference phenomes than the other two. They may catch up with each other later in the flower.

Are the plants drinking well? It might be a good idea to back of that 1400 ppm to closer to 1000-1200. We want to keep them wanting just a little more then filling them up and have them stop taking in nutes. Keep in mind your leaves will natually yellow as the plant matures so don't be too concerned.

Thank you for advice MostlyCrazy.
I will lower the ppm to 1000-1200.
It just kills me to dumps some of the fresh nuted water.
But I think it makes sense. Make the plants want more water.
No wonder they they are not drinking much.

Can the roots be choking each other at all?
The roots seem crowded.
Thanks

Im not an expert spawnie but from the advice i have seen, it may be a good idea to keep that extra water and nutes chilled just in case your rez temps go up. I started doing that and my plants seem to like it.

I have a question about the Home Defense insect preventative.

Do I spray it DIRECTLY on the walls? Or can I Wear gloves, and spray it on a rag or paper towel and wipe them down with it. I have a textured wall, and I am wondering about drip marks etc...

Guyfrog, welcome hope you join us at our happy home which you have already be given the link to. You can buy parts at hd and lowes if you have them there. The issue is knowing were to look in the stores. You want to go to the fountain section or the back yard drip section. I hope that helps.

My brothers were right when they said you will get fast answers on the home tread but it does go fast so strap on your jets.

Hi one and all,
Been quite a while since my first post, life has been hard for a few weeks, had a surprise visit from my landlord who wanted to inspect the property, which as you can imagine caused a panic of Krakatoa proportions,2 hours to strip out grow room, with 6 mature ladies in it, only the lord Ganesha knows how i got away with it ......but i did....(lays on floor and offers a silent prayer).

Harvest was ok ....with512g of tight manicured Shiva Shanti x white rhino buds, though i expected better from 6 coco grown mature ladies....will be seeing what the yield difference is when I switch to Deep Water Culture in a months time.:thumb:

Alas today we had the worst of news, finding out that my lovely partner's mother had passed away after a long and painful illness ....RIP Mam!!

thanks to all for yr kind welcomes and very helpful advice, Alien8 thanks...but i live in the UK....so Lowes is bit of a long way to shop...but thanks all the same.

I will be starting a grow journal in the next few weeks and look forward too sharing the highs and lows of my first Deep Water Culture grow!!

Respect and love to all
:rollit:
Ribbit Ribbit

Good suggestion BigDaddy!

Spawnie, Nope the roots are going to grow into one big ball at some point but that is natural and of no harm whatsoever.

Thanks for the advice MostlyCrazy. I successfully lowered my PPM to around 1000-1200 for a few days and they drank a little. I checked the PPM today and its a high 1400. I am a little confused how this got so high after being in the low 1000s. Is it because there are nutes still in the water and new nutes may not be needed?
It just so happens that today is nute change day and wasnt sure if I need to give them new nutes again or hold off. I apoligize for not understanding the full grasp of using the PPM meter yet. Appreciate your help.

If you lower it to 1000-1200 and it rises to 1400 it means thay are drinking mostly water or it could be that you added some ph down/up which also has ppm. You can gently force it down a little my draining a gallon of nuted water and replacing with a gallon of ph'sd water only.

Another idea is to give them plain ph'd water only on the next res change and see what they do after about 3 days. Sometimes they start using the lower leaves for fuel, sometimes they raise thier leaves upward as if praying for nutes and sometimes they do both. What you are looking to do is to get them hungry for more nutes so they start taking gulps instead of sips.

I just got my SH 6 plant setup. My growroom closet is 45" L X 23" 1/2 W X 80" H, my question is what will be a sufficient fan for this setup, or will I need two? I was looking around at Walmarts webpage and they have a nice selection but I am not quite sure as to what will be sufficient and what will be overkill as i am a newbie by alll means. Any help with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just got my SH 6 plant setup. My growroom closet is 45" L X 23" 1/2 W X 80" H, my question is what will be a sufficient fan for this setup, or will I need two? I was looking around at Walmarts webpage and they have a nice selection but I am not quite sure as to what will be sufficient and what will be overkill as i am a newbie by alll means. Any help with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

d luv;
Here is a site that has handy calculators, one is for Air Exchange.Type in your room size and it will tell you the CFM.
wormsway.com/calculator
Hope this helps bro.

Calculate the CubicFeet in your room.
2' x 4' x 8' = 64cbft
(24" x 48" x 96")/1728 = 64cbft

A fan with 64CFM would exchange the air once every minute.

Generally air (or CO2) exchange needs to happen at least once every 5 minutes.
When heat is involved (like venting a light), exchanging the air every one to two minutes might be more realistic.

That should get you started. Check out the Grow Room for more info.

Agent Green :smokin:

Calculate the CubicFeet in your room.
2' x 4' x 8' = 64cbft
(24" x 48" x 96")/1728 = 64cbft

A fan with 64CFM would exchange the air once every minute.

Generally air (or CO2) exchange needs to happen at least once every 5 minutes.
When heat is involved (like venting a light), exchanging the air every one to two minutes might be more realistic.

That should get you started. Check out the Grow Room for more info.

Agent Green :smokin:

So for my setup which of these three fans would be the best choice for my size room?
#1 Walmart.com: Honeywell Table Top Air Circulator Fan: Home Improvement
#2 Walmart.com: Holmes 2-Speed Oscillating Table Top Fan, Morpho Blue: Home Improvement
#3 Lasko Oscillating Performance Table Fan - Walmart.com
Should I buy two so I have one on each side of the setup? I plan to place them on the floor shooting upwards, that being the reason I want a tilt option on the fan. Thank you gentlemen again for your help

You'll want one one on the floor pulling in cooler air, one to move the plants around aimed between the light and the top of the plants and one mounted high to get the heat out (hot air rises).

So I will need three fans crazy? Any of the three I posted good enough? This is for a small closet setup with the 6 plant SH setup, I have no extra ventilation in the closet.

Do you have a way to get the heat out of the room? Can you drill a hole up high? Can you keep the door open a bit?

Im using dual spectrum cfl's, if I needed to a could keep the door cracked I guess? But wouldnt I lose light and heat?

Back
Top Bottom