Defoliate autoflower

SmUrFx1028

I have this critical mass 2.0 auto flower which is about 1-2 weeks into flower, I’m debating on defoliating a bit of it’s under growth because it’s getting thick underneath. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1D7A8AB0-7123-4CC0-A2EA-470DDD819CB9.jpeg
    1D7A8AB0-7123-4CC0-A2EA-470DDD819CB9.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 79
I m fan of defo. Not an expert at all. But from my experience and all the stuffs I ve read on defoliation, it should not be done on a plant that has already good light penetration. When you have too bushy plants it can be wonderful to allow light to reach more bud sites. But in your picture I see a plant that is opened enough to receive good light. Plus at that stage for an auto I don't think you will gain anything better.

You can take a leaf or 2 with out much trouble. Just give light a chance to penetrate the center of the plant if possible. All a plants energy is made through those leaves so anything you take can affect growth. As stretch continues if it does. It will open up on its own in a lot of situations. As long as a leaf is not damaged or is covering to many smaller buds it should be left.

I m fan of defo. Not an expert at all. But from my experience and all the stuffs I ve read on defoliation, it should not be done on a plant that has already good light penetration. When you have too bushy plants it can be wonderful to allow light to reach more bud sites. But in your picture I see a plant that is opened enough to receive good light. Plus at that stage for an auto I don't think you will gain anything better.

Back
Top Bottom