Defoliation question

AFA defol, look up schwazzing if you want to see how extreme you can go. I usually just follow a method of removing all fan leaves and any other leaf that is blocking light from getting to bud sites. I've tried the "21 days after flip" method and it does work but I get nervous about mold and mildew having the canopy get that thick.

I scrog so my rule of thumb is getting the canopy to a point where I get good airflow through the canopy so leaf removal depends on that more than anything else.

As far as your yellowing issue, under LED, almost always it's mag deficiencies. If it's nitrogen deficient then you have a lockout happening somewhere. I'd check pH both soil and feed solution.

AFA defol, look up schwazzing if you want to see how extreme you can go. I usually just follow a method of removing all fan leaves and any other leaf that is blocking light from getting to bud sites. I've tried the "21 days after flip" method and it does work but I get nervous about mold and mildew having the canopy get that thick.

I scrog so my rule of thumb is getting the canopy to a point where I get good airflow through the canopy so leaf removal depends on that more than anything else.

As far as your yellowing issue, under LED, almost always it's mag deficiencies. If it's nitrogen deficient then you have a lockout happening somewhere. I'd check pH both soil and feed solution.
My soils PH through the entire process wouldn't even measure as acidic at all
. I think maybe the meter was broken. It's literally stayed as one hundred percent alkaline. The needle didn't even move.

But by the end of my grow, I had both of my neighbors saying they've seen a lot of people try to grow and they've never seen anybody have type of results I did.. And I didn't really do anything right. Lol

Howdy idk ive had mine for a ling time its still seems pretty accurate clean and calibrate reg and don't let it dry out but that's the Blue lab

IMG20231124023930.jpg

My soils PH through the entire process wouldn't even measure as acidic at all
. I think maybe the meter was broken. It's literally stayed as one hundred percent alkaline. The needle didn't even move.

But by the end of my grow, I had both of my neighbors saying they've seen a lot of people try to grow and they've never seen anybody have type of results I did.. And I didn't really do anything right. Lol
The 4 in 1 meters are junk IMO. What meter are you using?

If you don't have good meters I suggest you pickup a Growers Toolbox from BlueLab.

Apera makes nice meters too.

Back
Top Bottom