Dehumidifier light cause hermies?

celticlyle

Hey people I just purchased a cheap humidifier for my flower room with my girls who are almost week 3 of flowering. It's currently sitting underneath my canopy under my scrog nets. The power button for the device is quite bright.. A green led power light. My question is that is the new green light gonna hermie my. Plants? All are thriving healthy girls so I don't want to take any silly chances.. Anyone have any experience I'd love to hear...

green is used for grow tent leds as light from that part of the spectrum does not disrupt the cycle. green is not absorbed by the plant and is reflected back. it's why the leaves look green to us.

green led light will not affect a plant or cause it to hermie. the more white the light has, the more likely it is to cause issues, so a weak green would not be great. i run heaters in my rooms in winter, they have red leds, red is definitely a no go, and i use electrical tape over the leds. electrical tape will bleed less light than duct tape.

green is used for grow tent leds as light from that part of the spectrum does not disrupt the cycle. green is not absorbed by the plant and is reflected back. it's why the leaves look green to us.

green led light will not affect a plant or cause it to hermie. the more white the light has, the more likely it is to cause issues, so a weak green would not be great. i run heaters in my rooms in winter, they have red leds, red is definitely a no go, and i use electrical tape over the leds. electrical tape will bleed less light than duct tape.
Ya if you use duct tape you’ll have to put like 5 strips over the light to stop it from illuminating through lol

My research earlier in the game showed a lot on green lights.

There are green lights available for sale. They are to be used by growers who have to inspect their plants or have to do chores on the plants during the lights off time. It would seem that a green light, whether a bulb in a lamp or a LED on a power cord should have no affect on the plant and duct or electrical tape would not be needed.

My research earlier in the game showed a lot on green lights.

There are green lights available for sale. They are to be used by growers who have to inspect their plants or have to do chores on the plants during the lights off time. It would seem that a green light, whether a bulb in a lamp or a LED on a power cord should have no affect on the plant and duct or electrical tape would not be needed.
I think if you continue your research and dig a little deeper, you will find that there are green bulbs made specifically for this. Has to be the right shade and of the correct spectrum to have no effect on the photo period of your plants. You can not use just any old green bulb.

WOW thanks for the all the reply's guys! My damn internet has been down all weekend! Very much appreciate all your feedback! I Have since taped up the humidifier but it still emits a slight green glow from the green LED bulb lighting up the whole unit through the white plastic. The taped humidified is emitting exactly 3 LUX from the glow in the dark i have checked with a LUX app on my phone.. I am pretty dam sure that it will not matter but who wants to take risks in flower? :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom