Did I ruin my flowering cycle?

DJMattz0r

Okay so first off I have been growing this lovely lady (hopefully) from some bagseed since about 4/20 and I have recently built a small box to flower in. I switched to 12/12 lighting schedule ~8 days ago and I came home just before the lights went off to take a look. Well the lights turned off and I realized that there is a power strip located in the box for lighting etc and the test/off button glows red! I completely forgot about this; albeit a very small light source, will it throw off my flowering? First grow so I am not sure if it is really in flowering or not at this point, some preflowers have developed as well as internodal branching just waiting for hairs is all. If you need any more info please ask and hopefully I haven't thrown anything off.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Did I ruin my flowering cycle? :(

Here is a picture of the box, still unfinished but you can see the power strip in the lower left hand portion.

P1020268_Medium_.JPG

At this point I doubt if it should be a source of concern. Fix it with black electrical tape.

I use the same type of power strip. the red light does not give off enough mess with the plants. Like FreakNature said " Fix it with black electrical tape ".

Okay, I have never put a plant through flowering so I am unsure of exactly what it should look like and the time period it takes. I have been checking for pistils or male flowers and nothing I can see yet. Replanted her (hopefully) and started LST. Going to start a journal tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies. :ganjamon:

P1020321_Medium_.JPG

Preflowers on the bagseeds I've grown have tended to show preflowers around 4-5 weeks, I didn't catch how old this plant is but it looks to be around that age. Even if you put a plant in to 12/12 from seed it won't actually start the flowering stage until it is sexually mature...just a side note.

You'll need to get us a MUCH closer shot to determine any preflowers...does your camera have a macro mode? I've found that they tend to show up first on the newer growth near the stem...but I've also found them farther out on the branches first too. Look for them where they branch off from the main stem or where any other fan leaves are growing off the side branches.

Maybe a bit late for the best results from LST but try it out and see how you like it.

Post a link to your journal here and I'll subscribe to it. Good luck! Edit: nm...posted while I was replying :) :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom