Dinafem Seeds Critical CBD Auto Feminized

Chooka03

High all, (haha no pun intended)

Long time reader, first-time poster. Hopefully I get this right.
So this is my second attempt at growing. My first was a bag seed Sativa, grown outdoors in soil using LST. The LST was very successful BUT workingagainst me was 1)Growing in the middle of winter (so low temps of around 13 degrees celcius) which lead to 2) Not enough light.
The buds came out very "larfy" but good. So I upped the ante with this grow. Here goes....

Breeder - Dinafem CBD Critical Auto
Genotype - 20% Sativa/ 30% Indica/ 50% Ruderalis (Auto)
Stage - Currently flowering (Week 8)
Median - Cyco Cocolite (30% perlite)
Pot size - About 10L plastic pot (plastic I know...not ideal)
Grow area - 600mm x 600mm x 1600mm tent (Only growing 1 plant)
Lighting - VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 300W LED
Cooling - Small fan only
Room temp - 28 - 33 degrees celcius (A REAL issue I know...more on that later)
Ph Lvl - 5.5 - 6.5. Using Ph Up/Down.
Watering - At the moment every second day.
Nutes - Cal/Mag, Yates Thrive (don't laugh) Monster Bud & Ozi Tonic
Light schedule - 20/4.
Life Cyle - 70 days (I think it's going to be much longer)

Other points - No exhaust fan being used, just a small fan hanging up with the tent openings all open to help with heat disapation and air flow.

So I was keen to try a high CBD content plant and this has THC/CBD ratio of 1:2 (5%/10%) I've been smoking weed for about 20 years and I'm sure most times it was some high yeilding, strong stain but who would ever know.

8th October - Using the papertowel method, the seed popped.

12th October - Seed planted in a small seedling cup using the coco coir. I have the Viparspectra set to 50% VEG.
33xub7k.jpg

23rd October - Nice fat Indica leaves :) I'm just feeding it 1/4 strength Yates Thrive. Lots of blood& bone with good N levels. Checking the Ph EVERY time and keeping it within the 5.5 - 6.5 range + Cal/Mag every time. Viparspectra now on 100% VEG.
15yjgpc.jpg

27th October - getting bigger already. Now using 80% VEG & 30% BLOOM on the LED.
15yjgpc.jpg

30th October - Transferred to the final 10L pot. Now using 100% VEG + 50% BLOOM.
i3z8l1.jpg

2nd November - I've begun LST.
funo6a.jpg

6th November - Really growing now. Seems to love the LED's which I've placed about 20" away as per the manufacturers recommendation. You can start to see the edges of the leaves curling up a bit due to the heat though. I have no option but to set the grow tent up in my garage which gets midday to afternoon sun. I tried hanging frozen bottles of water in front of the fan but no effect.
dnhfyf.jpg

13th November - Some nice white pistils really showing but the heat's getting worse. At this stage, I wasn't opening the tent periodically to let the heat out (hadn't thought of it beieve it or not) It really shows on the leaves. When I open the tent up, it reduces the temp by about 4 degrees C.
I also noticed the leaves where pale green in the middle. Research told me it wasn't a N deficency but either not enough Cal/Mag/iron or the temperature. I boosted the Cal/Mag slightly.
The LST is workking well though with multiple colas beginning to show.
2r7wyde.jpg
1grlfs.jpg

15th November - Took it outside to aleviate the heat and give it some of natures best...sunlight. Looks much better under this light and having boosted the Cal/Mag.
By this stage, I've also really noticed the smell from the garage which is attached to the house via a door. The smell is really quite strong for 1 plant. I was quite surprised and not prepared for that.
15ewy2e.jpg

23rd November - Looking really good imo! Tied all the branches down and away to the point where I can't even tell which is the main branch anymore. Only showing the slightest bit of nute burn on the tips but I feed this thing nutes EVERY water. Some days I have to give it a full 2L with nutes 2 days in a row. I suspect the heat of the tent plus the LST is using a shit ton of water. This plant just soaks up the nutes and water. I'm feeding it 2Ml of Cal/Mag, 5Ml Ozi Tonic & 5Ml of Monster Bud. This is still half the recommended strength but I read auto's don't need as much food and it looks good.
33e1nax.jpg
2lc89vn.jpg

29th November - Still looking ok. I have noticed some of the pistils starting to turn brown. I am a bit concerned that I'm going to end up with popcorn type buds. I'm not sure if its A) The 300W LED isn't enough.... though I thought it would be for 1 plant in my grow space. B) The heat has stunted the growth, C) It's just that type of plant. I know auto's aren't big yielders and I'm fine with that.
2lc89vn.jpg
6z0ug3.jpg

31st November - This is now 8 1/2 weeks into the grow and photos from today. I have trimmed a few fan leaves off which I have also stratigically done along the way to open up the buds in the center of the plant.
For my second grow, I can't complain. Oh I did also buy some ONA gel to try absorb/mask the smell. It's working ok.
qz5eac.jpg
16m1t91.jpg
287hcw5.jpg

Any questions or if I've missied anything, please let me know! Happy to keep you all updated.
I don't think this is going to be ready to harvest till the end of December. Guess we'll have to see :)

:thanks:

Hi all, I'm back.
Lets continue....
06/12/17 And the pistils are darkening. Looking really good.
No change to nutes.

qxkl10.jpg
4syzau.jpg

13/12/17 -
Still fattening up and getting quite sticky! mmm I've noticed a couple of trichomes turning amber. This is getting close.
I've decided it's time to flush. I think I might have left it a little late actually so I'm only going to flush for 1 week.

2prtqar.jpg
287hcw5.jpg
2r5c7qb.jpg

20/12/17 -
Leaves are starting to die off now. Only feeding Ph'd water.
Amber trichome count is increasing but I think I've times it ok. I don't think I've overcooked it.

juwtvl.jpg

juwtvl.jpg
hsjs6o.jpg

24/12/17 -
Today is harvest day. I left it in the grow tent for 24hrs with no light. I read somewhere it was a helpful way of pushing the plant just that little bit. It's BLOODY hot this afternoon when I opened the tent. 35 degrees+ So glad I'm finishing this today.

Overall I'm REALLY happy with the end result. Fat, dense buds and all done in just under 84 days.
20/4 light cycle the whole time. Full nuts the whole time.

This is a really hardy plant. It's done well with the high temps I had it in, although it was VERY thirsty. (which I guess is to be expected)

As per pic below, 334g (wet) Can't complain with that for my second ever grow.

2mdkmy9.jpg
24ersi0.jpg
kb682g.jpg
bhaems.jpg
juzghf.jpg

(sorry it really didn't want to turn this pics the right way :/)

If you have any questions, please ask away.

All in all, Really happy with this Dinafem product. Now it's drying and curing time.

So I ended up with about 2 oz dry. I must confess..... I've probably smoked about 1/4oz during the drying phase (after all....who can really wait) and my verdict so far is..... I would not grow this strain again.
This may be a (well obviously stupid) moment but I always wanted to try a high CBD weed and I can now say that I've tried it..... but the THC content is just too low for my personal pleasure.
I find I need to smoke HEAPS of the stuff and barely get much of a high.
This would be a good strain for people less tolerant to getting stoned but I find it's probably bad for my health to have to smoke so much for a high.

On reflection, I'm glad I tried it but disappointed that I picked this as my second grow.
I'm going to wait for the cooler months and try either my Super Skunk or Northern Lights Auto.

Happy growing all :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom