AK-48 Planted 10-19-15 From Seed

Not that I didn't want to, just didnt have the right stuff. Still may not be exactly there, bc I got crab shell not crab meal. Hopefully it works well. I ordered the aphrodites and got it today. Tea is brewing right now! You think it's okay to use nothting but the tea until I get the normal amount of runoff, or should I use a couple of cups of tea w/o adjusting pH, and then use pHed water until runoff?

Fulvic acid and Humic acid are different things. Humic has good stuff in it. Fulvic increases uptake of nutrients. You don't need the fulvic.

Crab shell should be fine if it is ground up, you could also have used shrimp meal.

Aphrodite's is just a high end sugar product. you could have used any molasses product like Sugree or whatever. You should have one for growing in general but now that you have it that is great.

The key is in about 12-15 hours after you start it if everything is working the bacteria will start breeding and the bucket will start foaming showing the beneficial bacteria getting in there and breaking down all the goods. every 12 hours or so give a bit more sugar to keep them breeding at full force. stir the pot every few hours to prevent the wrong type of bacteria from happening. then after 24 hours min you will have something good. best to go 36 hours. Like I said 12 hours to get the bacteria going then 24 hours of them working is good. then you dump that in the plant about 4 cups per plant after filtering it. Then follow it with pHd water to drive it in. then you will have a solution of high nutrition and beneficial bacteria that will fix the soil.

way better than the last time I made it. There's foam already that isn't just dissipating like last time. Yea the crab shell isn't all the way broken up and I already dumped it in, damnit. It had some finer stuff in there as well. They had shrimp meal too and I didnt get it.. Ill grab it next time I'm there.

20160126_020008.jpg

What are your thoughts on bottom feeding? Last time I watered I had to untie all the branches so I could water evenly, branches were still in the way, just makes it cumbersome.. Also, plants are looking pretty good I think, just not growing vertically very much at all. Been in flower for 18 days I think, and has gained 1/4" I think, Ill look more closely and put up some pics later tonight.

Bottom feeding can cause issues. Salts will not be pulled out as water drains. It's true once you bottom feed you will pull it out and let it drain. However, your TDS will stay high possibly causing some leaf burn. But I'm new too.

Cheers.

I agree bottom feeding is not a good idea. Just another one of those things people do who like to think they thought of something new but are actually not. It is a poor inefficiant use of the root system. to do it correctly is very hard and requires a double watering. It is easy to mess up, uses more nutes so costs more. It is just a bad idea based on a principal that is based on not understanding how roots work.

Alright thanks for the info. Ill find a better way to get around the branches and leaves. 4 Days since last watering, which was the tea (4cups) and 1 gal RO at 6.2. The pH of the tea was 7.5 if I remember correctly.

Somethings always seemed amiss with how long it takes her to use up the water in the pot. I went 10 days in between waterings, and I honestly think she could have gone 2 more and I hope I havent messed her up by overwatering. Been over 2 months since transplanting.. Anyways, I looked closer when I got home, and more yellowing and dying leave, plus some are curling up at the tips, not brown on the tips though, all yellow.
Flow18_001.jpg
Flow18_002.jpg
Flow18_005.jpg
Flow18_004.jpg
Flow18_003.jpg

That is the plant stealing nitrogen from lower leaves. The Tea is very high in nitrogen. So just get your pH down and you should be good to go.

Well you have transitioned to bloom so it is not really the intent anymore.

6.3- 6.5 is the good spot. The pH isn't the issue, likely the plant is trying to bloom. I think you started bloom with it still a bit stressed and possibly not ready to bloom.

Are there little flying nats in your area? Slow drinking, slow growth could be a sign of bugs or root rot. If you were over watering your roots could be suspect. Boomerang by FF or other products like that one might help, but if it root rot it might be terminal.

Good luck.

He had really bad pH problems he has been battling a long time and never got the thing unstunted but decided to go ahead and bloom it anyway. He has very little fan leaf production going into bloom. So it will be hard to get much out of it.

He had really bad pH problems he has been battling a long time and never got the thing unstunted but decided to go ahead and bloom it anyway. He has very little fan leaf production going into bloom. So it will be hard to get much out of it.
Ah, ok that makes sense.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom