AK-48 Planted 10-19-15 From Seed

I am growing this strain next...well this and a few others...but I got this one coming up soon. We shall see...

I am going to do a mostly organic grow on it without adding nutes much unless I see a deficiency and see what happens. I have some subcool super soil compost cooking now so I should be able to just water and leave it if i did that right.

Im a little to shy to make a journal just yet. I want to green up my thumb a touch first unless i run into trouble :) I bet it dose suck being away but ya got to eat and make that paper lol im lucky I work about 10 blocks from my house so im in and out all night but it is best to be away from the plants.

im using 50/50 foxfarm ocean forest and happy frog with the fox farm tiger bloom, grow big and big bloom nutrients but not following there chart I cut it way more then half the feeding. Subcools super soil is some good stuff with amazing micro life from what I see but its like planting in lava lol but when the plant takes hold and adapt they shoot up inches with in hrs. Wilson what kind of soil you using?

Roots organics original. I'm not sure what soil I will use next, but I don't think it will be roots O. I'd like to use a more mainstream blend that is popular, like what you have going. I've looked in to making it but I have an apartment, be kinda hard as long as I live there.. you will be able to find good info on everything you are using, it's very mainstream. And that's probably what I'll end up using. Still have a transplant left with my plants so maybe ill make the switch then.

Roots is a good soil but iv never used it. I aint got much room for mixture soils either thats why I went with fox farm. Just got a good size trash can and a 5 gallon bucket put in one then added the other on top of that then perlite mixed it and dumped it in the trash can. After I got the can half full I mixed it in the can by hand.

its a good beginner soil but not so good for seeds and seedlings. its so rich with nutrition that the plants dont really need fed as much till the end of veg but every strain is different. The happy frog is pack full of micro life but not so heavy on nutrients like ocean forest.

Just got back tonight VI. It's been a week since last watering w/ nutes.
420_00713.jpg
420_00215.jpg
420_00115.jpg

I wish I knew if I used 1 or 2 tablespoons of Buddha Grow mixed in with 2 gallons... I am pretty positive I used 30mL of CalMag with the grow formula. pH was 6.5. They are gonna need a drink in a couple of days I think.. I'm missing the worm castings, crab meal, humic acid, and I'm using molasses and Hydroguard instead of the like items you are using. I do have the Kelp you use in your tea, and Kangaroots, Microbe Brew, and Orca. I won't be able to get the things I'm missing before this weekend, everywhere is closed by the time I'll be getting off the rest of the week. I think your plan was to make a tea for the next watering, which I just won't be able to do before they need to be watered unfortunatley. Not real sure about what I can do with what I have.. I'm guessing no nutes, focus on roots some more with the Orca, and continue with the CalMag?

I still think you are running too high.

I think you were the one who didn't use the tea correctly? That would help get things in balance and make uptake more matched to the grow. Just don't add the alfalfa and Kelp and Fulvic acid for now and we may see these perk right up and get some balanced color.

I think there may be a magnesium deficiency. Hard to tell. when was the last time you added some Cal mag?

The new growth actually doesn't look that bad. It is hard for me because I keep focusing on the old stuff that is just history. As I recall you took off the tops so all the real growth is below and a few new upper branches right?

Im a little to shy to make a journal just yet. I want to green up my thumb a touch first unless i run into trouble :) I bet it dose suck being away but ya got to eat and make that paper lol im lucky I work about 10 blocks from my house so im in and out all night but it is best to be away from the plants.

im using 50/50 foxfarm ocean forest and happy frog with the fox farm tiger bloom, grow big and big bloom nutrients but not following there chart I cut it way more then half the feeding. Subcools super soil is some good stuff with amazing micro life from what I see but its like planting in lava lol but when the plant takes hold and adapt they shoot up inches with in hrs. Wilson what kind of soil you using?
Good food, I used those as well. A added beastly bloom, open sesame, and cha-ching too. Great stuff. FFOF soil will do great with all of thee above.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Yea it never started bubbling. Can't do the tea b/c I dont have time before they need water again. I've been using a heavy dose of cal mag @ 2tsps/gal for the last 2 waterings. And yes I chopped the one on the right a good bit. And just topped the other 2 like normal. The one in the back is tied down from the top.

Okay I thought of something, maybe my pH is wrong? I try very hard to nail 6.5, and I went through that other site that's blue regarding RO water, b/c that's what I recently switched to, I've been loading up on the cal mag, and Im using LED..... I've heard thats bad news bears for calmag deficiency

I mix by getting my water from RO dispenser. Actually have some ready for this next watering. I add cal mag first everytime, and I've used calmag only before. I have always felt like as long as I have a 6.5 reading on my meter I'm good. I usually shake the jug to mix as vigourous as I can for a good minute, and stir as well, but always have relied on that reading after a good shaking, and I make the pH adjustment. And I havent paid attention, but I think I remember seeing a high pH (like 6.9) after letting it set. But i've also let it set overnight just to see, I didnt use the mix I made and I don't remember what it was, and it stayed at 6.5 where I left it the night before. Let's go back to the basics I guess, what am I doing wrong?

Mix up the solution then let it sit for 15 min before measuring the pH. Give it a good shake before measuring it but let the solution pH settle to make sure you are reading it correctly. As I recall I think pH was your problem in the beginning right? Maybe you are not doing that right. I don't think you need to use the tea I think your pH is whack still but the tea will help to unlock and fix the mess in the soil that may now exist.

Alright VI, its been a minute since my last update. Unfortunatly I had to toss the 2 plants that have been giving me fits. I did this a week ago, and I am glad I did, and wish I would have only grown 1 plant to begin with. I watered 1 week ago with Cal Mag and Silica, no nutes. Felt like the pH was spot on, I took my time, and checked the pH throughout the process, just to make sure, it stayed at 6.5. It's about 90 days old, still in veg, and I think I may have it stable enough to start bloom. I'm going to need to water her within a day or two. Was also thinking of going to 5-gal pot, and getting some fresh soil in there.
90_005.jpg
90_004.jpg
90_003.jpg
90_002.jpg
90_001.jpg

I like it...all that sounds good. I think the new growth is looking good. A little shy on Magnesium maybe. Have you added a cal mag dose lately? Maybe when you repot the first watering has no nutes but does have Silica and Cal Mag. If using a good soil the new soil will be fine for nutes for a while.

It also looks a little warm in there...may also be just not humid enough. Make sure the humidity is over 40% absolute bottom is 40%. better closer to 60. And keep the temps in the 70's...80 is the max and I still don't like it if not supplementing CO2.

Live and learn right? Your next grow will be great!

Well my temps have been on the lower end of things, low to mid 70's, and my humidity has been dropping low... I saw it at 29% last night (fireplace and heater) and humidifier keeps it in the 40-50's pretty easy, just scares me when Im not home b/c it's a mist style, and the mesh vent that the mists gets sucked through ends up wet after a little while.. Anyways, Ok so up-pot it is. And for this grow, even though I'm half ass against all the brand name crap now that I'm not AS new to this, I would still like to use something that is more widespread. The grow shop I frequent has Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, Roots Organics, and a couple others, Which would you reccomend? And I have been using heavy dose of cal-mag for the last 4 waterings. The stuff I use is 5% for Ca, and 1% Mg. Should I supplement with something that has more Mg?

You are spot on I think with the humidity. So low humidity can give the ruffled look to the edges of the leaves, and yellowing? I wonder how much of a problem that has been for me bc that is yet another variable I havent been too comfortable with. After I water it stays in the high 40's I think for a few days, then starts to drop off from there. And last night I saw it at 29%, and the most recent pics were from this morning. I have room in the tent now for some wet towels, I'll try that for when I'm not home.

I use wet towels hanging in the grow space not a humidifier. I broke too many of them letting it dry out when at work. So I just wet towels and hang them to dry. Works great...no worries about equipment problems. Just keep adding more towels until you hit the humidity you need. You need to re-soak them maybe half way through the grow day depending on a few things. I grow at night. So I wet them when the lights come on and right before going to bed. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and if I do I go re-soak them again :)

humidity under 40% will stunt growth. most people wont let it go below 50%. I just make sure I am above 40% and that is good enough for me. But under that and the plant is drying out and susceptible to heat issues and is slowing down its growth.

Ok so I went to the grow shop and got Ocean Forest soil and a bigger pot. I've heard from several people using a 36 hr dark period is the way you switch from veg to bloom. I will transplant them either tomorrow or on monday, and I always water after the lights come on, within an hour or so. I was wondering about how I should make the transition. Should I wait a week or so since I'm transplanting?

Thanks for pointing me there and letting me know. I wanna keep this as simple as possible, no tricks. I'm starting to think transplanting and switching to 12/12 isn't a good idea? Maybe I should wait a week to transplant? (after it dries up again, I'll water 24 hrs from now cuz she needs it).

DIng Ding Ding....

Lets not transfer a toxic waste dump into good fresh soil. Get her clean and healthy then transplant. Since you couldn't' get the tea to brew you might want to just get some ORCA bacteria Fungi combo at the hydro store and use that to help clean out the soil before transplant.

Back
Top Bottom