Disappointing results from brand new setup?

ashwee

Welp I write this post totally pissed and sad. I have 2 strains I'm growing blueberry pie(gpd x platinum cookies x blueberry diesel) and SnowLAnd (snowcap x la confidential) The buds on the plant looked dank until1 week before harvest while flushing her for 2 weeks her frost lessened and the density left. I am posting photos of what it looked like on the plant and with looked like after drying and curing. I havnt pulled my snowland yet as its just not ready. The buds came out spacey and way less frosty. I'm so disappointed, I had an offer from a dispensary telling me if I grew good stuff I could donate to them. (its huge for me because this is a passion and I'm disabled and cant work from lyme disease so it would be a great source for me to put my busy mind into) What did I do wrong?

setup:
1 400w iPower hps
3ft x 3ft grow tent
tent temp: 70-75
Light height from canopy 8inches

Soil:
seed starter mix from miracle grow brand(no long using this I'm now using coco/perlite)

Fert's:
Fox farm trio
Fox farm cha-ching lines
snow storm ultra
calmag
superthrive
*always watered with warm water never cold

On the plant(s)
20160122_174111_resized.jpg

20160128_190922_resized.jpg

Dried
20160201_154347_resized.jpg

20160201_154452_resized.jpg

Maybe too much of the fertilizer products? They still look quite dark after 2 weeks of flushing.

It's better to use less fertilizer more often and in coco you should never give them just plain water.

Did you find any seeds?

This image looks like one hermied late and burst a banana:

20160128_190922_resized.jpg

no seeds it didn't banana it was actually a fan leaf I plucked off 3 weeks earlier and the fiber turned yellow and kind split....I know it looks hermied lol bad pic

I agree as much as I flushed it just stay deep green it lightened up a bit (this pic is taken a week before harvest) but not much

Marijuana growers cut the Nitrogen down drastically after stretch phase of flower has finished.

I see redundency in the composition of the off-the-shelf product line you mentioned. FF Trio contains calcium in the micro nutrient bottle. CalMag has N in it. All that Nitrogen is N-ot good for flower phase. You're nutrient regiment just needs to be adjusted, that's all. The plants look like they had a great growing environment.

Try a nutrient mixture with less N after week 5 of flower and you should see more bud production and less leaf. Flushing, I'm still unsure what to say about that.

Vlad:bongrip:

well I can say I am getting away from FF and I have ordered humbolt countys own nutrient line. I stopped using grow big 4 weeks before harvest as I heard you want more potash than nitrogen. during the flush I was only able to get 4 or 5 flushes in....the damn soil stayed soaked for 4 days at a time the drainage was horrible could this a contributing factor?

Flushing, I'm still unsure what to say about that.

I'm in the same boat with you on flushing VP ... I don't know what to say.
I've done it at least a dozen times at the end of a cycle. I strictly followed two different well written posts on the subject, composed by knowledgeable, experienced and successful growers on 420Magazine. I just can't tell any difference if I flush or don't flush in the final cured product, but probably I just suck at flushing!

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

The answer is "long cure". Like they do with tobacco...

I may try that one because flushing is supposedly a hoax. Internet is bursting at the seams with theories. Plant makes its own sugars but people dump molasses on their plants and they have fun with it. Too bad most things in life are merely anecdotal simply because corporations fabricate what we are supposed to believe.

I'm on week 2 of flower so I will be digesting more and more of this info as the weeks go by.

VP,
I am trying a wet cure similar to how Tobacco is cured for Cigars right now. So far so good, but still a couple of weeks to go ... no mold yet! Just trying different things to deviate from the routine!

OP,
If your soil stays dripping wet for four days, there is a problem to fix!

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom