DIY better clip on fan for tents

Try a adjustable iV stand, or a isolating tower fan in stead of clip ons, my two pennies worth.

Those take up floor space though. This is to avoid doing that. If you've got floor space a 10-16" oscillating or towerfan is obviously better. This is for the cramped tents so many of us use.

Those take up floor space though. This is to avoid doing that. If you've got floor space a 10-16" oscillating or towerfan is obviously better. This is for the cramped tents so many of us use.

Floor space is definitely a premium for me, especially in my RDWC. I think I have about 8" around the edges, and maybe 12" between the buckets.

I now hang full size stand up oscillating fans upside down from my tent ceiling. Takes up no floor space and at the end of each tent I'm not sacrificing valuable space.

Your in a 4x8 lol. You've got double the space.

How long do your fans last hanging them inverted? I always wonder how fast the drive gears will get chewed up.

I did a retrofit on my Hurricane digital fan. It was a 18 inch ocsilating fan and i would run into it whenever i was on my room since I only have about 48 sqr feet. I took the fan blades and guard off and taped a 6 inch duct to it. The other end stretches to a 6 inch inline above it with a speed adjusting regulator on it.

So now i have a fan that is infinitely adjustable that ocsilates in a few different ways with a much less intrusive footprint. Its pretty silly, but it works. I hope the pictures make sense
Pictures don't do it justice. We wanna see video.

Pictures don't do it justice. We wanna see video.
I'm sorry Ed, I never got a video of my ultra brilliant idea. And the oscillating aspect of the fan body died so my ultra brilliant idea was really only a glimmer of hope in an otherwise dim future... sob.

No really. It worked for a while but as I said the oscillator stopped oscillating so I had to do something else.

It sucks that there isnt a company out there that can expand on the monkey pole idea... one that oscillates would be great! My main room is 4x6, so a 16inch fan takes up a ton of space especially as its moving. I still use the remote fan and just split the air so I have 2 4 inch lines pointing at the plants.

It's important to note that i have a rheostat on the fan, so I can turn the wind strength up or down without this component your fan will blast the shit out of your plant. You can see it at the left on the fan bracket

Another way to do it is place a fan underneath pointing up into the plant. You might get a little wind burn, but not where it counts. You will need to train your plant a little and pull all the undergrowth. I am presently using a fan underneath... this is what I mean about cleaning up underneath

I appologize for the carny pictures. If you have questions let me know.

A question for you... what is the name of the waterfall? Some dude named Brandt went off something like that in a kayak... just curious if that's it

A question for you... what is the name of the waterfall? Some dude named Brandt went off something like that in a kayak... just curious if that's it
The waterfall in my Avatar is Helmcken falls Clearwater provincial park BC. The river at the top is 75 feet across the drop is huge at 460 feet and the trees are about 100 feet tall. In person it looks as though someone threw a huge baseball at it and pulled it out. Pretty neat how the rocks stay in place. Winter is awesome for viewing. google it.

The waterfall in my Avatar is Helmcken falls Clearwater provincial park BC. The river at the top is 75 feet across the drop is huge at 460 feet and the trees are about 100 feet tall. In person it looks as though someone threw a huge baseball at it and pulled it out. Pretty neat how the rocks stay in place. Winter is awesome for viewing. google it.
Wow! Ok, definitely not to place I thought it was. Poolson falls (?) Was the place I was thinking of. Its 190feet I think. Still pretty damn tall to go over in a kayak.

Your in a 4x8 lol. You've got double the space.

How long do your fans last hanging them inverted? I always wonder how fast the drive gears will get chewed up.

Yes I am in a 4x8. Sorry I didn't know we were only talking about 4x4 tents. As long as the fan, and he light weren't huge it should still work in a 4x4 though.
As far as the gears are concerned it appears there is no negative effect so far. I have had a cheap Wallmart pedestal fan hanging upside down and oscillating for around 7 months now without shutting it off.

Anyone have a link to the tablet holders like shown? I'm on Amazon and there are hundreds and I can't seem to find that style. Lots have a flexible "neck" and that isn't gonna work.

Edit - as soon once I post that I find them. I removed the link in case it ends up being a dead link in the future so this is a screenshot of the item and the name -

1589478892729.png

Anyone have a link to the tablet holders like shown? I'm on Amazon and there are hundreds and I can't seem to find that style. Lots have a flexible "neck" and that isn't gonna work.

Edit - as soon once I post that I find them. Here's it is - Amazon Basics Adjustable Tablet/iPad Mount Holder - for Microphone Stand and Music Stand
1664770172759.png

I got the flexible neck kind and it works great, I can tilt the fan up away or down towards the canopy with it or just leave it level.

We'll see how long they let it stay. The admin typically delete outside links so we don't end up with dead links in the future.

Hmm I figured if it wasn't stepping on the toes of a sponsor that had a similar product, it'd be ok. I thought I saw a few Amazon links to random items but I guess we'll see....After all, aren't we here to share information and help each other? But hey if they need to take it down that's more than cool, I just wanted to try to help point people in the right direction because I was overwhelmed by how many different kinds there were.

Hint, hint, sponsors.... there is a product you could make that we all seem to need :)

We've all visited pages that have dead links in them. It's annoying and makes you question the validity of the site. That's the big thing they try to avoid with outside links. I don't make the rules I just have them enforced upon me haha.

We've all visited pages that have dead links in them. It's annoying and makes you question the validity of the site. That's the big thing they try to avoid with outside links. I don't make the rules I just have them enforced upon me haha.

Ah gotcha, that makes plenty of sense then, I thought it was solely a "sponsor issue". I edited the post above to include a screenshot of the item and the name of it and removed the link. Thanks for the heads-up!

Seeing this reminded me I had another one of those vivosun pole clip fans bust (that’s 5 in 6 months).

Had my first one of these ready to go, and now need to get/put together a few more.

Back
Top Bottom