DIY CFL Deep Water Culture Grow A

And we are now up to date.

I added back 1/6th of nutes (5ml Micro and 10ml Bloom) last night which I figure puts me back at 1/2 nutes (15ml Micro and 30ml Bloom total so far in 6 gallons of water). PPM was 780.

I have some pics from last night 12/29, 18 days after soaking and 13 days from sprouts. I feel pretty good about things right now. Very happy to have the support of all the Deep Water Culture again.

The UnBrady Bunch
12-29_All_five.JPG

Angelina and Abigail both Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth
12-29_Angelina_Abigail.JPG

Alison Barney's Farm Morning Glory and Adriana DinaFem Blue Hash
12-29_Alison_Adrianna.JPG

Alicia Barney's Farm Morning Glory
12-29_Alicia.JPG

Abigail up Close
12-29_Angelina_Close.JPG

Nice lookin roots I think
12-29_Roots.JPG

I also pulled the submersible pump and tubes last night. I think those roots should be enough to feed the girls now.

Excellent work all around. Roots are great and yes the tubes come out whe the root are that long. You've study the Tutorial very well. Look like you may not need us Deep Water Culture for much! LOL! Love the nice thick stems!

Thanks MC,

Yeah I read every post Roseman made in his tutorial several times and I believe it gave me a great base of knowledge but I will definitely need all the help you guys can give to bring this thing all the way home.

Fantastic set-up and rep+ for cleanliness. Blown away with growth rate, plus the stems on those ladies are mind boggling. :goodjob: :peace:

Thanks weed

Yeah so far I have been able to keep the door to the cab open because there is no smell yet so I have been able to have a good sized fan blowing a nice little breeze almost full time and I have been rotating the top each day so they get the breeze from both sides. It has definitely helped with the stems.

Mata, Great root growth, Maybe you can help me out, I started 4 clones a few wks ago and last wk put them into their own little bubble set up. However after almost 3 wks the leaves look great but there's NO root growth at all. I pulled them out recut the stems and dipped them into a root stimulator and reset them into the rockwool, do you think they will finallytake ? This was my first try at cloning too...Thanks dude I'll be keeping an eye on this grow it looks very promising !!:peace:

Mata, Great root growth, Maybe you can help me out, I started 4 clones a few wks ago and last wk put them into their own little bubble set up. However after almost 3 wks the leaves look great but there's NO root growth at all. I pulled them out recut the stems and dipped them into a root stimulator and reset them into the rockwool, do you think they will finallytake ? This was my first try at cloning too...Thanks dude I'll be keeping an eye on this grow it looks very promising !!:peace:

Thanks ol hippy. This is actually my first grow and I started these from seeds so I don't know anything about cloning. I'm sure there are plenty of Deep Water Culture around here that can help you out though.

Ok my girls are two weeks from sprouts today and 19 days from soaking seeds. I was reading thru Roseman's tutorial today and realized this is when he did his first topping. So I topped two of my plants today.

Here is Alison
DSC000477.JPG

And her new top
DSC000496.JPG

Alicia
DSC000525.JPG

and her new top
DSC000506.JPG

Now here is Adriana it seemed like that top set of leaves were too big to cut off so unless I hear otherwise I will wait for the next node to cut her
DSC000546.JPG

Same goes for Abigail
DSC000534.JPG

My tool and my cuttings
DSC000566.JPG

Ok my girls are two weeks from sprouts today and 19 days from soaking seeds. I was reading thru Roseman's tutorial today and realized this is when he did his first topping. So I topped two of my plants today.

Here is Alison
DSC000477.JPG

And her new top
DSC000496.JPG

Alicia
DSC000525.JPG

and her new top
DSC000506.JPG

Now here is Adriana it seemed like that top set of leaves were too big to cut off so unless I hear otherwise I will wait for the next node to cut her
DSC000546.JPG

Same goes for Abigail
DSC000534.JPG

My tool and my cuttings
DSC000566.JPG

Looking splendid Matagrowa!! They look real healthy. I think you will be fine to go ahead and top, as long as you can get in there and make a clean cut. Hope all goes well!

Hey Mata, I've been wondering when you'd get a journal going. I remember that light setup of yours, pretty slick man. Keep us up to date.

Yeah I was doing it over at the other site the whole time. I didn't know about the move because I only had a couple of posts in when everyone moved here. I was actually super lucky to find you guys. One night I was talking to a friend and we were wondering where the 420 expression had come from. When I got home I did a google search clicked on the front page of this forum and happened to see Roseman's name. Just lucky I guess.

I don't think I've ever seen stalks that thick and I've seen a lot of plants in the last year! Incredible!

Thanks MC I guess the fan I have blowing on em is doing it's job.

I plan to do my first res change today and give em about a 15 minute air bath.

I plan to ph the water to 6.0 then put 15ml GH flora hard water Micro and 30ml GH flora Bloom this is a half dose per the lucas formula. I am also going to put 5ml GH Floralicious Plus. Those are all total values for 6 gallons, not per gallon. I also plan to add a couple of clamp reflectors with Y splitters and a 42w 5100K and 42w 2700K in each for side lighting. I should have some pics up later. First I have to make brownies (no not that kind) for my 8 year old to bring to the NYE sleepover she is going to tonight.

OK I did the res drain and replenish. I ended up adding 20ml GH flora Hard Water Micro, 40ml GH flora Bloom which is 2/3 of the recomendation according to Lucas Formula in Veg. I also added 5ml Floralicious Plus. Those are all totals for 6 gallons of water. My water was around 6.5 so I added 5ml PH down and that brought it to just over 6.0.

I can't get the side lighting in until i raise the lights a bit so I came up with this setup for now.
DSC000608.JPG

DSC000624.JPG

Here are the plants afterward
DSC000644.JPG

This is Alicia a Barneys Morning Glory I guess you would have to call this nute burn. Maybe I should have backed off the nutes a little but my PPM only went up by just less than 400 so I'm hoping it will be ok. What do you think? Also you can see some dark areas under a couple of lower leaves not sure what that is.
DSC000777.JPG

All the others look pretty healthy
DSC000679.JPG

DSC000727.JPG

I'm just wondering if the Calvin Klien scisor you used in topping off is better than my 'made in Pakistan' piece of glorified garbage??

Yes, it's a self answering question but... come on??? Calvin Klien clippers? For 'topping off'?
Just how sexy do you have to be to give a hair cut? Amputation, whatever you want to call it?

:smokin:

I'm just wondering if the Calvin Klien scisor you used in topping off is better than my 'made in Pakistan' piece of glorified garbage??

Yes, it's a self answering question but... come on??? Calvin Klien clippers? For 'topping off'?
Just how sexy do you have to be to give a hair cut? Amputation, whatever you want to call it?

:smokin:

The girls gotta look good baby. No in just kiddin. They were from an old kit I got at TJ Maxx about 10 years ago with some nail clippers for 5 dollars. I had never used those scissors in that 10 years so when I went looking for a pair the other day and ran into them I figured they would be nice and sharp and I know I'm never gonna use em for anything else. Believe me I ain't about being sexy.

Back
Top Bottom