DIY cloner question

Ok I just read this and yeah my bad all I meant was with soil ive never had a problem with a white buckets..if you wanna do it rt it should be black especially since light breeds algea in water and it can mess stuff up ..i wasnt saying you SHOULD use white ones just that I have no issues

Right.

Since this is a DIY Cloner thread I assumed that all the bucket discussion here relates to the bucket acting as the body of the DIY Cloner, and WHITE doesn't cut it for that application. ;)

I have used white buckets like those in your photos many times myself for soil containers. In fact, white is better outdoors because it reflects the heat off the pot and prevents the roots from getting baked! Black pots are the worst for that since of course, they absorb all the heat they get! Just the opposite of a cloning application.

P.S. Re Photos: I want to see the 3-5 inch root spikes in 5 days and what this "Magic JC" cloning contraption looks like!! ;)

Really my bad bro. I would have never said that comment if id realized it was holding water..sorry..but on the other hand I got the pictures into my gallery thanks..ill be more aware of the convo from now on.

Really my bad bro. I would have never said that comment if id realized it was holding water..sorry..but on the other hand I got the pictures into my gallery thanks..ill be more aware of the convo from now on.

No problem.

Glad that Forum Runner resolved your problems with the photo uploading! It is a great little app isn't it? Much easier to read the 420 Mag forums with that over a conventional browser on a phone or pad.

Nice plants in those photos by the way! :thumb:

Oh! And to PicApartPixls...

Sorry if these last few posts have somewhat drifted off the original topic. I know that you will be creating a new "Step by Step" thread for this project when you start, so I wasn't as worried about off-topic stuff.

Cheers.

;)

By the way . Im not lying about anything I say. As soon as I find the cloner pics theyll be up..oh maybe the magic came from the clonex in the rez and the vita grow rooting stuff..i dont know but its a sight to see I cant wait to share

Have you looked at stinkbuddies.com, He has full plans to build his aero cloner. I built one and love it, Average about 4-7 days for roots to show. All I use is root tech clone gel, And just tap waterin the cloner. Ive had wonderfull success, So good in fact Im going to build another one. I average about 98% success on my cuttings, I may lose 1 or 2 at the most out of 24 clones in the unit, but normally I get all 24 to root. Just a thought, Its worth a look if you want an easy to build and inexpensive system that works great.
Also on his site, He has the plans for his veg and flower units. I built the flowering system, and Love it. I have a grow journal of lemon skunk in it, I need to update it though as I have been without internet for awhile. If you look at the pics in my gallery on here, you can see both systems.. Anyway, Good luck, and keep growing.

Alot of my pics got up, theres pics of a bunch of clones , but im still looking for the clone machine pics...but there are pics of all my plants up.check em if you get a chance goldengoose

Hey guys I managed to get the pics of both my cloners and the , clones that came out of em..the first one and the updated one..check em outtheyre in my gallery

Oh! And to PicApartPixls...

Sorry if these last few posts have somewhat drifted off the original topic. I know that you will be creating a new "Step by Step" thread for this project when you start, so I wasn't as worried about off-topic stuff.

Cheers.

;)

Its all good. Not too worried about it. I understand where the discussion was going. I think that the black container is a good investment regardless if others haven't had problems growing in them. I understand that for a cloner darkness is vital and I can see the PVC piping inside of my bucket when its just sitting here in my room so I can easily see how it would potentially have some light seepage.

Have you looked at stinkbuddies.com, He has full plans to build his aero cloner. I built one and love it, Average about 4-7 days for roots to show. All I use is root tech clone gel, And just tap waterin the cloner. Ive had wonderfull success, So good in fact Im going to build another one. I average about 98% success on my cuttings, I may lose 1 or 2 at the most out of 24 clones in the unit, but normally I get all 24 to root. Just a thought, Its worth a look if you want an easy to build and inexpensive system that works great.
Also on his site, He has the plans for his veg and flower units. I built the flowering system, and Love it. I have a grow journal of lemon skunk in it, I need to update it though as I have been without internet for awhile. If you look at the pics in my gallery on here, you can see both systems.. Anyway, Good luck, and keep growing.

I did check that out after starting on this cloner. WillyBudz mentioned the StinkBuddies cloner to me in a PM but I didn't really care for it because of the size of the container used. When I came across the cloner made from a 5 gallon bucket I decided that it was what would work best for me for my situation for number of clones needed and size taken up in my veg space. Thanks for the tips on the veg and flower systems. I will be using a soilless mixture for my grow and won't be going hydro. But thanks anyways.

Alot of my pics got up, theres pics of a bunch of clones , but im still looking for the clone machine pics...but there are pics of all my plants up.check em if you get a chance goldengoose

Just had a look through your photo gallery. NICE! :thumb:

You definitely had a lot going on!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Back
Top Bottom