DIY SIPs Duterte's Nightmare - Mystery S. Asia Sativa - Zkittlz, Runtz, OG UV, God's Gift, GG#4, 1st Grow In 20yrs

Hey Dog,
I'm trying to catch up. Starting on page 9, and now I want to go to page 1 and catch up.
Did I read somewhere that you use 60/40 soil/perlite, because it is essential to aerate the SIP soil as much as possible?
Thank you.

fermenting bamboo fertilizers
Trying to work my way through your thread.
What's your recipe for bamboo fertilizer, and what do you use if for (N?)?

You whacked outta your tree is some of the best news I've had all year. Ramble away my friend, it is music to my ears.
If I get talking about my potting method I may never shut up.
My soil girls drink their pot every day.
3 gal in 8 hours.
I've got @VIVOSUN 5 gal pots to fix that now.
Ran out of pots, had to use a couple 3's.
Ok so perlite layers hold air constantly.
My watering method is like a plunger.
Forces fresh air into the pot every time I water.
I get growth like Coco now that the pots are full of roots.
I can't recommend it Bill284 Method enough to new growers.
Drives me absolutely crazy seeing a pot half full wit a tiny girl in the middle.
But if you don't know any better, Right.
New growers will get vigorous grorwth with out any overwatering issues.
See I'm rambling again. :rofl: no honey oil yet either.
Excuse the pics, I might have gone overboard

PSX_20220912_162533.jpg

PSX_20220912_160955.jpg

PSX_20220912_160720.jpg

PSX_20220912_071301.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-182545_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-100811_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-100752_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-100415_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-100009_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-124337_Chrome.jpg

That last one was my tent, couldn't resist.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

3 gal in 8 hours.
Drives me absolutely crazy seeing a pot half full wit a tiny girl in the middle.

PSX_20220912_162533.jpg

PSX_20220912_160955.jpg

PSX_20220912_160720.jpg

PSX_20220912_071301.jpg

Stay safe
Bill, after seeing that, I am interested to know more.
Do you have a thread where you talk about your soil mix?
Or would you want to make a thread where you talk about your soil mix?
I was doing wet-dry until a few weeks ago, and now @Buds Buddy is talking FILLING the container with supersoil, and @ReservoirDog is talking about adding 40% perlite to maximize aeration, so now I am trying to figure out soil, so it would be great to read a few pages about how you do your soil, and see others' comments, expecially with regard to SIP. ('Cuz you guys have all been doing this for years, and my head is spinning a little right now....)

****EDIT****
Ok, I found your "Heaven's Shores" thread. I will try to read the start of that one when I get time. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise! It is very helpful!

Bill, after seeing that, I am interested to know more.
Do you have a thread where you talk about your soil mix?
Or would you want to make a thread where you talk about your soil mix?
I was doing wet-dry until a few weeks ago, and now @Buds Buddy is talking FILLING the container with supersoil, and @ReservoirDog is talking about adding 40% perlite to maximize aeration, so now I am trying to figure out soil, so it would be great to read a few pages about how you do your soil, and see others' comments, expecially with regard to SIP. ('Cuz you guys have all been doing this for years, and my head is spinning a little right now....)

****EDIT****
Ok, I found your "Heaven's Shores" thread. I will try to read the start of that one when I get time. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise! It is very helpful!
Hey how are you doing today?
That Heavens Shores thread has everything in pictorials labeled.
Solo cup to 50 gallon pot.
Every one of the 25 girls their entire life. Bill284 Method
Including getting hit by mites when tiny.
But if you have any questions just fire away it that thread.
I'd love to discuss it with you. Or anyone who wants to grow huge healthy plants very easily.
BTW not my choice for the name, dear friend who's gone now chose it.
That's why I kept it, I'm not that vain. :rofl:
Looking forward to talking.
Take care.

Stay safe

Hey Dog,
I'm trying to catch up. Starting on page 9, and now I want to go to page 1 and catch up.
Did I read somewhere that you use 60/40 soil/perlite, because it is essential to aerate the SIP soil as much as possible?
Thank you.
Yes, this is my thinking on SIPs and also the recommendation (borderline 'requirement') of commercial SIP system developers Octopot. Otherwise, it stays too wet and you don't use up the rez fast enough. It usually still works ok, but not anywhere like it can.

Note, that the following are all experimental and untested.

My bamboo fertilizer does contain high N, however because I use only the young shoots, and only the tips of the young shoots, I'm trying to steal the Auxins/other growth hormones that bamboo has in massive supply to make it one of the fastest growing plants on the planet.

If there are smallish bamboo plants around, hack them down to a foot long and wait for regrowth to start, after it's put on a new, say, 6 inches, cut those top few inches off. They're loaded with growth hormones. Say, "thanks buddy" to the plant then chop and go soak those tips in water, or ferment, as I am also experimenting with, to give you a solution that can go on the shelf for a little while.

My fermentation recipe is 1:1 plant material and sugar, chlorine-free water, and a handful of worm casting or leaf mould for yeast.

Close in tight lid container with small airspace remaining, aka 'almost full'. Some gases will need to escape so not totally airtight, but nearly. if you have winemaking equipment to apply, then have at it. You only need small amounts (I think) so this is a small batch thing for me, 1-2 gallon final product. How usage will work and what dilutions I'm really not sure but it won't be 1:1000, more like 1;25 or less I'm thinking and used situationally and very sparingly. This will smell bad during process yet needs to be kept over 20C, so find spot that wont offend but stay warm. probably will refrigerate when done. We'll see.

3 gal in 8 hours.

PSX_20220912_162533.jpg

PSX_20220912_160955.jpg

PSX_20220912_160720.jpg

PSX_20220912_071301.jpg

Stay safe
"Excuse the pics, I might have gone overboard" - Bill284

Internet: "Overboard! overboard!! overboard!!! overboard!!!!"

"Excuse the pics, I might have gone overboard" - Bill284

Internet: "Overboard! overboard!! overboard!!! overboard!!!!"
Want me to get them removed?

Stay safe

My fermentation recipe is 1:1 plant material and sugar, chlorine-free water, and a handful of worm casting or leaf mould for yeast.
I'm curious of your recipe. In KNF the sugar is added for its osmotic effect. Basically it establishes a drier environment outside vs inside the plant which causes some physics trick that makes the plant cells want to balance themselves with that other drier environment.

For this effect at least, adding moisture in the form of water defeats the purpose.

In Jadam, there is plant material, water and microbes, but no sugar. You seem to be combining the two?

I'm curious of your recipe. In KNF the sugar is added for its osmotic effect. Basically it establishes a dryier environment outside vs inside the plant which causes some physics trick that makes the plant cells want to balance themselves with that other drier environment.

For this effect at least, adding moisture in the form of water defeats the purpose.

In Jadam, there is plant material, water and microbes, but no sugar. You seem to be combining the two?
Yes, it is highly experimental. The hormones of interest in the bamboo appear to have a molecular structure capable of remaining intact in a weak alcoholic brew; My goal is to try and create a natural growth stimulant liquid made from species I have growing in my own fertilizer-plant gardens that has a room temperature half-life of a minimum six weeks, eight would be better. I hate having to brew it up immediately previous to use. OK, 'hate' is a strong word...more accurate: I'm a lazy so and so who must have some conveniences built-in to particular activities for me even to consider taking them on. The stuff is done now, alcoholic content 1.6%, so soon testing begins! Any thoughts on testing? Plants, parameters I might choose, etc? I must confess I've given it all less thought, to this point, than one might expect...

Yes yes fricken yes.... I used to micro dose lsd for this same reason of a mental reset....and it works for about two months and then could use another "treatment". But talk about peace and calm after 😊

And here we go the babies are now toddlers and doing very well... Great job RD....can't wait to see them really take off.
Oi Hazmat! Great to see you! Thanks for the props. Stick around, won't you? We're tossing a net on these four gals and flipping to flower ASAP. Hope you and you're are well, mate, all the best. PS keep me apprised of your projects, please. So cool.

Oi Hazmat! Great to see you! Thanks for the props. Stick around, won't you? We're tossing a net on these four gals and flipping to flower ASAP. Hope you and you're are well, mate, all the best. PS keep me apprised of your projects, please. So cool.
Hey no problem that's what we're here for to uplift and root you and grow on lol .....but I'll be in and out my friend.

And my grows are done and I had to dispose of the 5 I had at about 3 weeks old.... But thanks for the interest.

3 gal in 8 hours.

PSX_20220912_162533.jpg

PSX_20220912_160955.jpg

PSX_20220912_160720.jpg

PSX_20220912_071301.jpg

Stay safe
I use the Bill284 Method religiously.... if by religiously we mean with some adaptations.

@Bill284 I've been using your methods since the day you taught me but because I'm watering from below with capillary action I have had to make a change. That "sucking up" of liquid is slowed when the liquid confronts a significant border created by an altogether new medium, even if both mediums are excellent at capillary action by themselves, this is a hydrological oddity that I have to account for.

However, I use all of the same ingredients and in approximately similar amounts as you describe. While my planter soil is 60peat/40perlite, for my seedlings in their wee little SIPPY-bags I use 60%perlite, 40% peat. I do lay on the frass and other amendments/inoculants in layers though, and I activate with a spray-down of LABs, the same bacteria in your bokashi, just in liquid form because it's homemade from milk powder (gotta find cost reductions). I think it's fair to say that I use the "@Bill284 Method, Version 1.1 for SIPs", would you?

I keep a spray bottle during this pot(er, bag) build-up that has humates in it and Liquidirt (comparable to your bioThrive - but better ;>}) and spray often. I also add mycorrhizal inoculant in the layers as you describe, moistening with the humates and liquidirt as I build up.

I am experimenting with all of the ingredients laid out in 'peanut buster parfait layers' exactly as you teach and it does still eventually move the water upward, just more slowly when layered. This could be used to my advantage at some stage so when I'm confident I understand the speed and issues it's likely I will utilize it when appropriate.

So, as it stands I use exactly the same ingredients: have upped my perlite portion to 60%, but at this time mix evenly throughout the pot, I do have layers of frass and mycos that I activate with a spray of Lactus Baccilus (bokashi), LiquiDirt, and humates (humic, folic acids - chelates).

What's LiquiDirt? Look. It. Up. I have no connection to the company, but just think the stuff is best-of-class.

Yes, this is my thinking on SIPs and also the recommendation (borderline 'requirement') of commercial SIP system developers Octopot. Otherwise, it stays too wet and you don't use up the rez fast enough. It usually still works ok, but not anywhere like it can.
Ok, that's great news! Because I am not sure I have enough supersoil for 20 SIP buckets, but now it will go 40% further!
(And the rest I will have to fake somehow.)
I need to get some comfrey and nettles planted, so I can make some of @Azimuth 's teas.
I put it on my list for tomorrow.

Hey how are you doing today?
That Heavens Shores thread has everything in pictorials labeled.
Solo cup to 50 gallon pot.
Every one of the 25 girls their entire life. Bill284 Method
Including getting hit by mites when tiny.
But if you have any questions just fire away it that thread.
I'd love to discuss it with you. Or anyone who wants to grow huge healthy plants very easily.
BTW not my choice for the name, dear friend who's gone now chose it.
That's why I kept it, I'm not that vain. :rofl:
Looking forward to talking.
Take care.

Stay safe
Ok, I signed up. Thank you.
127 pages!! It may take me some time to catch up, but I want to read at least the first few pages, so I am oriented. (And the rest may take time.)

Note, that the following are all experimental and untested.

My bamboo fertilizer does contain high N, however because I use only the young shoots, and only the tips of the young shoots, I'm trying to steal the Auxins/other growth hormones that bamboo has in massive supply to make it one of the fastest growing plants on the planet.

If there are smallish bamboo plants around, hack them down to a foot long and wait for regrowth to start, after it's put on a new, say, 6 inches, cut those top few inches off. They're loaded with growth hormones. Say, "thanks buddy" to the plant then chop and go soak those tips in water, or ferment, as I am also experimenting with, to give you a solution that can go on the shelf for a little while.
There is bamboo here, but mostly on people's properties.

Close in tight lid container with small airspace remaining, aka 'almost full'. Some gases will need to escape so not totally airtight, but nearly. if you have winemaking equipment to apply, then have at it. You only need small amounts (I think) so this is a small batch thing for me, 1-2 gallon final product. How usage will work and what dilutions I'm really not sure but it won't be 1:1000, more like 1;25 or less I'm thinking and used situationally and very sparingly. This will smell bad during process yet needs to be kept over 20C, so find spot that wont offend but stay warm. probably will refrigerate when done. We'll see.
Ahh, ok.
I will wait for you to refine the recipe!
I have giant bamboo seeds, but I think I should wait until I have ground. (Here they say to plant bamboo around a spring, because drawing more water flow opens the spring up better. Folk wisdom, but it sounds right.)
Right now I am making some of Azimuth's fish fertilizer, and that is 1:1000, so I will stick with that for right now.
I need to plant some comfrey and nettles, but probably I want to wait until after we move. (We are hoping to move in the next couple of weeks.)
It would be easier to start them when I get to my next location.

I'm curious of your recipe. In KNF the sugar is added for its osmotic effect. Basically it establishes a dryier environment outside vs inside the plant which causes some physics trick that makes the plant cells want to balance themselves with that other drier environment.

Azi, may I please ask you?
I tried to follow your instructions, but a few of the KNF fish jars are much wetter than the others (not sure why. Maybe I distributed heads and other pieces unevenly??? Not sure...).
I put some extra sugar on a few of them, because you talked about putting a sugar cap.
However, some of them were so wet that they wetted all that sugar.
These ones look varying shades of ok to me.
How do they look to you?
faa1.jpg

These ones also seem like varying shades of ok.
faa2.jpg

But with these ones, there was so much liquid that the sugar got wet, and some are now growing mold on top.
What do I do?
Do I try to scrape off the mold, and then add more sugar?
Or do I just let the mold take over the top, like on the banana teas?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom