Do I keep these buds halfway up main stalk

Reetafour

middle_buds.jpg

There are several small buds along the main stalk and I can't imagine they will produce anything. I expect that I will top this plant and let the smaller side branches continue to mature, but I am tempted to prune all these small "suckers". Am I wrong about the pruning or letting the side shoots stay on after I top the main cola?
Thanks

There are several small buds along the main stalk and I can't imagine they will produce anything. I expect that I will top this plant and let the smaller side branches continue to mature, but I am tempted to prune all these small "suckers". Am I wrong about the pruning or letting the side shoots stay on after I top the main cola?
Thanks

I would leave them be. You want to avoid doing any pruning while she is flowering. The less stress she is in the better. If you were going to top her it should have been done In the vegetative stage

You could actually slightly bend the larger branches outward and that would allow more light to get to those small bud sites and will help then beef up a bit for you. Just be careful not to stress her out to much. She looks like she is doing pretty good though

Back
Top Bottom