Do my ladies look slow? 5 weeks from flip

TWINTURBODOGO

Hey all, so like the title says.
We got 2 ladies that are 5 weeks since 12/12 flip. They look healthy and beautiful.
Just look like they've slowed way down in flower the last 2 or so weeks. Have stopped building buds but hairs are starting to turn.
The only bump in the road that we've had this grow. Is gnats in our res, mainly WW but some in BBOG also. They've been there most of this grow to some degree. But have been the worst lately.

Maybe we're just over thinking things, worried about nothing and need to be patient. We're noobs on our 3rd grow by the way.

So on to the info:
White Widow from fem seed.
Blueberry OG from clone.
DWC-6g in each, half r/o half tap in 10g totes.
Led lighting.
2x4x5 tent.
Air temps 65-80.
Res temps 65-68.
Ph 6.5 drifts down to 5.2 then adjusted.
Ppm's- WW-1130 BBOG-916.
Botanicare KIND 3 part for base nutes.
Botanicare pure blend tea.
Skunk labs silica.
Hydroguard.
Orca.

And on to the pics!
White Widow
420-magazine-mobile1235113693.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1256843086.jpg

420-magazine-mobile415277161.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1920591369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile521646865.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1853091366.jpg

Blueberry OG
420-magazine-mobile1105080651.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1131615533.jpg

420-magazine-mobile183195612.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1364153157.jpg

420-magazine-mobile87196358.jpg

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

They look good to me! Just keep watching the pistils, then, if you can get ahold of a 40X loupe, check the trics. You say this is your 3rd grow. You know what to do.

And get something to kill the gnats! I don't know if the larvae can live in a DWC set up, but it's the larvae that eat the roots.

Hi AKgramma, thanks for the kind words.
I haven't checked the trics yet. But will now, fingers crossed they're all clear still!
If the trics are getting cloudy then I'll really start to worry!
Right now the top buds are popcorn size at best. Super frosty but super small. Should the gis buds be bigger by week 5 of flip?
Seems like our last girls was.

We'll try to just rub the ear lobs and wooo saaa..... for now lol.

Tric pics coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They look good to me too. The buds will start swelling up soon and will pack on some weight. I wouldnt even worry about trics for a couple of weeks yet myself..
I like your user name, is it a gamer tag also?

I sure hope they start stacking buds soon! This is definitely our best of 3 grows, so hope it all works out.

Haha that's cool, used to be $1.50 a tail around here. If I member right, been a long time since since I been gopher shooting.

I WAS WRONG!!!
These ladies will be 8 weeks from 12/12 on Wednesday the 4th. That means they're almost 7 weeks in flower.

Their hairs are turning and they are almost half milky already.

The actual buds are popcorn size at best. Just have a lot of sugar.
420-magazine-mobile1130415694.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1011440304.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1900031413.jpg

I measure flower time from start of 12/12 its easier to keep a diary of where things are at and i always end up at 8-9week mark harvesting on most strains.

Your buds are small for a dwc grow. Did you use any pk boost? Plants look pruned correctly so you should have good heads on them. What light are they under?

12/12 flip was on Nov, 9th.
So they're almost 8 weeks from flip.
I have thought the same thing, they look to small!
Especially when this started as and has been our smoothest grow, up until about 2 weeks ago when everything hit the brakes.
Our last grow of B-witched we pulled 2 oz off of her and she had problems the entire grow and still gave buds 3 times as big as these ladies now! That's what's so strange to us.
This was really on track to be our best so far and now seems to be slipping away lol.

We have these ladies under "700w" led the entire grow. In reality it's about 325w actual draw from outlet.
They're the same lights we grew our previous crop under.
We use MOAB as a bloom booster. But haven't used it since the beginning of bloom. We used a small amount to jump start flowering like the instructions said. But the small bud situation threw me off and I haven't used it since.
We also are using Botanicare KIND nutes. The 3 part mix with pure blend tea for micro.

These ladies look beautiful and healthy and sugary, but with itty bitty buds.
My thoughts are it has to be environment or nutrients. I bet nutrients are probably not the culprit. I imagine it's something that we did or are doin. Because these are 2 different strains one from seed one from clone. Purchased from different places. Yet they both show the same issue of small buds.

I was told to always look for your most limiting factor.
In our case it's the lack of experience lol.
But environmental wise I really have no idea what we did wrong. Air temps have been great 62°-80°, res temps never above 70°, ph has been stable as its even been, they haven't shown any signs of deficiencies.
But I'm positive were still doin something wrong we limped a sick plant to 2 oz, and this time they look healthy but will be lucky to get 2 oz off both plants combined...

They look great my man very frosty give them time is all I can say looks very nice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I'd agree with you, but they've v not gotten any bigger, fatter, taller or stacked any new buds in at least 2 weeks.
At this point they're just popcorn buds that are ripening...

I know we're lacking in something somewhere but I have no idea what or when we ran into it.

Could it be the lights maybe?
But if it was the lights then the last grow would have been the same way right?
Could our res temps or ambient air temps be getting to low at night, does that even matter?!
This is the first time we've used Botanicare KIND nutes could it be the nutes?

Id say its the LED. ive seen this so many times with LED. Try a grow with hps and you will see the difference. 375w is not enough power to grow fat dense buds. Its not a nutrient issue. I put money on it that its the light source. Under a 600w hps you would have easily pulled 6oz per plant without trying and up to 10oz of room dialled in.

Flick through my journals. Theres some helpful tips in them mate.

Our tent is only 2x4x5 so a 600w hps is kinda scary to me.

I wondered on the light also, but our last grow was a sativa that went 11 weeks and our biggest bud was 4.2g dried. (I member that cause I was very impressed with us lol).

Could we add more led to the tent or use a 400w hps?

Ok we'll add more light.
I've been wanting to build my own led fixture. So maybe I'll go that route.

Back
Top Bottom