Does anyone have any idea why . . .

There is also a phenomenon known as nose blindness, ask someone who doesn't spend the same amount of time around the plant to give a report on the smell.
My plants are grown in the basement, I'm not down there a lot, but when I walk in the door (from outside) the smell smacks me in the face. My kid (adult) who lives in the basement tho, can't smell them hardly at all, and she's perpetually surprised if I say something about the girls being 'loud' today (they get more stinky when they are thirsty). Her nose apparently just gets fed up of the smell and tunes it out.

Cuz it’s not ripe—show a pic let’s see all them long WHITE pistils
It doesn't have anymore white pistils all brown.

IMG_20240226_070824484.jpg
IMG_20240226_070757506_HDR.jpg

There is also a phenomenon known as nose blindness, ask someone who doesn't spend the same amount of time around the plant to give a report on the smell.
My plants are grown in the basement, I'm not down there a lot, but when I walk in the door (from outside) the smell smacks me in the face. My kid (adult) who lives in the basement tho, can't smell them hardly at all, and she's perpetually surprised if I say something about the girls being 'loud' today (they get more stinky when they are thirsty). Her nose apparently just gets fed up of the smell and tunes it out.
That's what I thought too, I was just used to it but it occurred to me that I should smell it when I leave the house and return.

ditto on what Sueet said, nose blind. Another key indicator by zigzagman was autos and not ready yet. The scent does morph over time as the plant grows, ripens and then gets hung up to dry, but just to be sure try this.

Wash your hands, do a lower stem rub with thumb and index finger, then sniff your hand and report back.

A rendering of the plants essence (a.k.a. volatile organic compounds) should be there.

Happy trails

ditto on what Sueet said, nose blind. Another key indicator by zigzagman was autos and not ready yet. The scent does morph over time as the plant grows, ripens and then gets hung up to dry, but just to be sure try this.

Wash your hands, do a lower stem rub with thumb and index finger, then sniff your hand and report back.

A rendering of the plants essence (a.k.a. volatile organic compounds) should be there.

Happy trails
I rubbed the lower stem as you said and it had a very pleasant sweet hoppy aroma.

that’s fantastic on getting the scent!!

betting it’s a closet from back in the day, long before ordinary people had walk in closets!
Thanks for your help! 👍

So I guess the implication is I'm good to go and maybe it's genetics or being an auto that it has little aroma?

I also don't see a fan? Is there one up high maybe? If not, maybe the smell issue is only that she isn't moving very much.
I've got two little fans on the floor that move the air surprisingly well

Given normal, good growing conditions, different phenotypes produced from a given seed line will have different terpene profiles, meaning a different set of terpenes and amounts of each of those terpenes. Some phenotypes will have heavier resin production, which equates to heavier amounts of terpenes, and stronger odor.

My best pheno has very strong odor which increases as the buds are ripening, right up to harvest time.

Given normal, good growing conditions, different phenotypes produced from a given seed line will have different terpene profiles, meaning a different set of terpenes and amounts of each of those terpenes. Some phenotypes will have heavier resin production, which equates to heavier amounts of terpenes, and stronger odor.

My best pheno has very strong odor which increases as the buds are ripening, right up to harvest time.
This is good to know, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom