Does higher THC equal a better buzz?

I have been growing cannabis for a little while now and I am just starting to realize that maybe THC is not everything when it comes to a good buzz. It seem there are many great strains in the 13-20% range that I have been overlooking. I'm pretty high right now but maybe there's a sweet spot when it comes to thc potency? What say you?:smokin::passitleft:

I have been growing cannabis for a little while now and I am just starting to realize that maybe THC is not everything when it comes to a good buzz. It seem there are many great strains in the 13-20% range that I have been overlooking. I'm pretty high right now but maybe there's a sweet spot when it comes to thc potency? What say you?:smokin::passitleft:

THC is what causes the desirable effect, so all other things being equal - yes, higher THC equals a better buzz. CBD counteracts the effect of the THC, so something with high THC and high CBD might give less of a buzz than something with medium THC and no CBD.

I my opinion the maturity of the trichomes is more important than a thc percentage especially when labs conduct their tests differently and give inaccurate ratios . Most people who grow for themselves never test their strains anyways. I personally have been avoiding too many amber trichomes because it knocks me on my ass quick.

IMHO, THC "Potency" is only a snapshot of one bud & depends more on the bud that is tested, than the whole plant.

Some seeds from the same strain will always be better than others; finding your favorite phenotype from a 5 pack of Skunk#1 seeds is often better than growing a fancy new strain (That is probably just bred out from a particular phenotype of Skunk#1)

I think there is much more going on than just THC potency. Why does a Sativa help me to clean the house, while a same-strength Indica leaves me on the couch, staring at the remote control? :scratchinghead:

The maturity of the plant itself is very important; 12/12 from seed does not produce the same quality buzz as a fully mature plant that is sent into flower. Maturity is also part of the reason why outdoor cannabis is often "better" than indoor grown. The sun is only one factor.

I have a phenotype of Skywalker Kush that I grew 12/12 from seed last year. I took a cutting while in flower and had a monster-cropped reveg clone. This was revegged again after flowering and I have been smoking the latest harvest from the 2nd Reveg for a while now.

As the harvests progressed, the buds and buzz were getting better and it was already good to begin with. My growing technique has not really changed, neither has the THC content, I assume. However, as the plant matures each time, so does the buzz, which gets more and more complex. Now, I am so off my face after each bong hit, that if I was John Travolta, I would look like Nicolas Cage.

I am staring at 3 female budding Jack Herer from Sensi, a strain that I have wanted to grow since smoking it in '97, wondering if they will be any good & have cloned the Skywalker Kush again, just in case.

Jack Herer only has an average THC "Potency" of 18%, yet it is hailed as one of the best strains in the world.

There's much more than THC, there's CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC as well as THCV and terpenes which play important role in the experience lowering the resistance of blood/brain barrier like myrcene does for example, which indica dominant plants usually carry in spades. Don't be fooled by THC percentage, it's just a part of what cannabis is about and it's never even in any crop. Top buds will be typically stronger and medium and lower ones will be lighter in THC. I'd say how it gets you high is much more important than how potent it is... well potency is nice, but what if your thoughts keep going in a loop or you're not really able to do anything except going in circles. This plant should elevate your experience not squash it :laughtwo::tokin:

A good buzz is determined by the strain you smoke and the effect you crave at the time.. Get those two right and your got the buzz your after.. An awesome buzz in one surrounding, could be the wrong one in another...

Back
Top Bottom