Is there a way to increase potency?

Just can't get the buzz from the vape, was buying some 95% chit
Damn :oops: One of my favorite edibles was a Korova 1,000mg brownie, or better known to me as the elephant killer. The guy told be to cut it into 100 pieces and I asked how the heck is that possible, it’s only 3”x3”! :rofl: I broke off a piece the size of a marble, ate it, and woke up some hours later. I’m pretty sure there’s a reason they don’t sell them anymore.

I like the vape cartridges and sauces really because the ones I buy or at least try to buy are all live and full spectrum. I think that plays a major roll in the effect you get, almost more than the THC levels. It’s like eating something fresh or flash frozen versus something that’s not.

I get nothing from store bought eatables, I think they use shake or scraps.

Won’t make a difference. X% thc is X% thc. It’s all in how you handle and process it.

Damn :oops: One of my favorite edibles was a Korova 1,000mg brownie, or better known to me as the elephant killer. The guy told be to cut it into 100 pieces and I asked how the heck is that possible, it’s only 3”x3”! :rofl: I broke off a piece the size of a marble, ate it, and woke up some hours later. I’m pretty sure there’s a reason they don’t sell them anymore.

I like the vape cartridges and sauces really because the ones I buy or at least try to buy are all live and full spectrum. I think that plays a major roll in the effect you get, almost more than the THC levels. It’s like eating something fresh or flash frozen versus something that’s not.
They're very convenient

Well there's a big difference in smoking shake in my opinion, and there's reason it sells half price.

Smoking !== Extraction

Regardless of method, you have to extract from plant matter to make some form of extraction. The only difference between trim/flower is going to be the amount it takes to get the same level of extraction.

Take bubble hash for example. You may have to wash a pound of trim (sugar leaves and popcorn/larf, no water leaves as they typically have little to no trichomes attached) to get the same result from say a few zips of bud, but that's it. No different than other extraction methods really. You're harvesting the trichomes in one form or another. Whether that's extracting their contents via a solvent, squishing for rosin, washing for bubble hash, or even slow and low cooking directly into coconut (or other) oil.

Trichomes don't care if they're on sugar leaves or buds. Once those trichs (or their content at least) are harvested (aka extracted), there isn't a difference. Trichs are trichs. Again, how much input it takes from one to the other to get the same end result is the only variable.

As for trim selling for half (or less) than flower. Well duh, it's trim. However, that doesn't make it useless. Smoking trim is for kids that can't get/don't know any better. Throwing it away is just throwing away money when you can make some type of extraction from it.

I've got 2 Critical 2.0 going now so I'll do 1 cloudy & 1- 50% Amber to see the difference. Thanks for the suggestion as I've only went by what I read. Got nothing to lose & everything to gain. Looking forward to the end results.
I did harvest the 2 Critical's. 1 on 8 - 15 & 1 on 8-30. 1st one Cloudy with very little Amber. 2nd one with about 25% Amber. Not a whole lot of difference in the buzz.
Used Terpinator on those 2 & it seemed to increase Crystals quite a bit.
Currently I have 3 plants in Flower that I'm doing MC at 4.5 gr., Sweet Candy at 1 gr. & Bud Explosion at .5 gr. per gal.
1 plant (SFV Kush) doesn't seem to like the BE; but the other 2 seem fine. So I may eliminate the BE all together & gradually increase MC & SC over the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Correct. Healthy plants have to come first.

I wasn't going to get into it, as this thread really should be targeted more towards healthy plants first. However, one is terpene boosters (mentioned already, and I use it all the way through.) I've used Terpinator recently (bud candy before that) and I have seen a difference in the long run. I understand some haven't, but it's worked for me. I may go back to the bud candy, but maybe not. I'll have to see when the time comes to restock.

Another method I use is UVB in the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. The big picture is basically the plant uses thc like we would use sunscreen. More trichs, thc, etc.
Terpinator is legit and I'm getting some great results

Terpinator is legit and I'm getting some great results
I did like the results. But the Sweet Candy seems to be doing even better. Pistils are still all white but Trichome Production is fantastic. Sugar leaves frosted over pretty thick & even on some Fan Leaves. I am so looking forward to smoking some of this stuff. Should be ready to smoke around Thanksgiving with a 4 week cure. Guess we better buy 2 Turkeys this year ... lol.

Not scientific side by side at all but I did use terpinator for 1 full cycle. Lab results were interesting. The crop with terpinator had an average of 5% more total cannabinoids but .5% less total terpenes.
That does sound kind of strange since Terpinator should increase Terpenes. Did you have a noticeable difference in the buzz ?

The higher thc seemed to pack a bit more punch. It was crop to crop so hard to say, my new grow is still not dialed in 100% so there's just to many variables. However I was surprised my thc went up so much and terps down. Im running another crop with terpinator, the grows dialed in now....see what happens!

I did like the results. But the Sweet Candy seems to be doing even better. Pistils are still all white but Trichome Production is fantastic. Sugar leaves frosted over pretty thick & even on some Fan Leaves. I am so looking forward to smoking some of this stuff. Should be ready to smoke around Thanksgiving with a 4 week cure. Guess we better buy 2 Turkeys this year ... lol.
Gonna have to try the SC! Same as you my pistils are mostly white but man is it covered in sugar! Covered!

Back
Top Bottom