Does my Bruce Banner look close to finishing? Day 76 of 12/12

Personal Stash

This Bruce Banner from 420 got some heat stress early into flower and the nutes got a little concentrated for a little while and that's why it looks so bad. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with no Amber and it still has white pistols. I am growing in Dr. Bubbee's formula of Peat Moss/ Vermiculite and using Jacks nutes. Any idea how much longer this plant might take because I really need the tent. Thanks.

IMG_20231215_095214 (1).jpg

IMG_20231215_095226_1.jpg

Remember. Those dates of harvest on websites. Are under controlled conditions and avg. Not 79 and just chop. Plant could have grew a lot slower. I avg. About 85-90 days on 79 day plant. Air temp will make grow a lot slower cause it's not normal conditions.

Oh forgot something. Reason why I say not even close. Hairs colors, leaves dying and looks like hell when it's ready. Lmao. It's one of the hardest to judge. Cause plant looks bad. I think. Best time I am finding out after 6 years of growing. If when u see ambers on top nug 60% golden brown. And mid plant has about 15% ambers. Why people only grow top three nodes and clean off rest.. me I like whole plant. Bottom usually best CBD smoke but still works. Just not as strong as mid and top nugs. . keep that in mind as well.

I didn't know the lower buds had more CBD, that is interesting. The reason I lollipop my plants is I really, really do not like to clean larf. And most seem to believe the less larf, the more energy goes to the buds. Which is all I want. I used to spend hours manicuring but now I can do the whole plant in just one hour. But now I have the CBD info. to think about, thanks for the reply and info.

Nope.. 3 weeks at least. Once the majority of the stigmas (pistol is a gun and a pistil is the female organs of a flower which include the stigma, style, and ovary) turn red/brown, crinkle in, and she stops drinking, then she’ll be ready for harvest. I don’t use trichomes as a judge because there’s too much of a difference across the canopy. As long as the trichomes are cloudy you know they contain magic.

As @7Dust2 said, she’ll most likely look like hell, dark and close to death.

So you are saying this plant takes 100 days to flower? That's crazy. If true, I will never grow Bruce Banner again. But I don't believe it. I think maybe a week, a week and a half and it gets chopped no matter what. Thanks for the opinion. I will update this when I harvest. Here's what it looks like today...

IMG_20231216_141817.jpg

IMG_20231216_141750 (1).jpg

lol 100 days is nothing.. I’ve got a plant at 84 days right now and it’s not ready either. There’s plenty of strains that run 120, 150 days, especially with sativa in their genes. There’s no way all those white stigmas will shift in 1 week, you’re still pushing out new ones every day it looks like

I’ve got fewer white stigmas than you do and it’s still more than a week on this plant
IMG_7052.jpeg
IMG_7044.jpeg

I know now you are right. I just never knew some plants could take so long. Back to plain old Idica for me because sativa's, even hybrids like my Bruce Banner, take way too long for my patience. I have decided to let this one grow and forget about the plant I was wanting the space for. Your buds look fantastic btw. Thanks for the pics.

I know now you are right. I just never knew some plants could take so long. Back to plain old Idica for me because sativa's, even hybrids like my Bruce Banner, take way too long for my patience. I have decided to let this one grow and forget about the plant I was wanting the space for. Your buds look fantastic btw. Thanks for the pics.

Not a problem at all! Lots of breeders claim their strains will finish earlier than they actually do. It’s a fairly common practice especially amongst less competent or more greedy breeders. To be fair to the breeders, you could technically harvest when they say, but you would lose tons of quality and yield. Some of the biggest weight gains, and highest quality resin production doesnt happen until the last 2-3 weeks of flower. So if you harvest before that you may as well have just purchased it on the street or in a dispensary because you just lost out on tons of yield and quality.

Once you’re as deep into flower as you are there’s no point in turning back or stopping. You’ve already committed so much time and energy that if you cut it off now it would be an almost complete waste and you would be so disappointed it could affect your motivation. Ask me how I know 🤣

Sativas and indicas come from two different climates. Sativas from humid, and warm climates where they have plenty of time to slowly build up their big long flowers. Indicas come from cool, dry, and mountainous regions. They have a limited window of time to flower out before winter takes them so they very often finish in half the time of sativas.

With breeding and hybridization these lines have been blurred a bit. You’ll come across sativa hybrids that look and flower like indicas and vice versa. Heck some times you can even come across these differences in the same strain. Check this out:

IMG_6107.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg

Those two plants are the same strain, different phenos. One plant is tall with sativa characteristics and one plant is squat with indica characteristics

They’re the same age, same diet, same everything. You can see the differences in their heights and sizes here, top left and bottom right are the same strain

IMG_6105.jpeg

Bottom left and top right, same strain in this image:

IMG_6097.jpeg

So as you can see, there can be big differences just in the strain itself. That’s why I rarely use hard dates for anything. The only hard date I have is the plants must veg for at least 60 days to ensure they’re sexually mature so they will produce the maximum amount of resin possible. Other than that, I just watch the plants to determine when they need what

First, gorgeous chunky plant, especially for an auto. Second, that just looks like a slow building plant. The way each calyx is super pronounced with the long wispy stigmas. I imagine you could see each pistil setup and start growing.
Yeah, buds are fat and solid but you can see a touch of foxtail [don't know if dimming the lamp might have helped?]
It just wanted to keep going so I left it for weeks longer than advertised until I just got fed up of looking at it :hookah:

Still smells green in the jar, but the tester was a thump in the head from a tractor

Yeah, buds are fat and solid but you can see a touch of foxtail [don't know if dimming the lamp might have helped?]
It just wanted to keep going so I left it for weeks longer than advertised until I just got fed up of looking at it :hookah:

Still smells green in the jar, but the tester was a thump in the head from a tractor
Love the analogy!!! Tractor :laughtwo:

May just be an expression. Some sativas (esp old school strains) just foxtail as part of their genetics. Usually indicates quality dopeness, and your experience anecdotally proves it.

Yep Apple Betty is just sitting up in my attic. She’s tossed most of her leaves and is basically only buds but is still just pumping it out. Annoying ass plant 😂

May just be an expression. Some sativas (esp old school strains) just foxtail as part of their genetics. Usually indicates quality dopeness, and your experience anecdotally proves it.

Yep Apple Betty is just sitting up in my attic. She’s tossed most of her leaves and is basically only buds but is still just pumping it out. Annoying ass plant 😂
Think Bill culled his AB because it never properly ripened - his was about 8' tall bent in half tho lol

What a beautiful plant. I tried growing auto's for a minute but they are just too unpredictable for me. The whole time I am wondering if it's actually a photo and will it ever flower. lol. After seeing yours, I might give them another go.

Back
Top Bottom