What's this on my Big Bud/Bruce Banner? Problem here, please help - Pics

Personal Stash

This is an otherwise perfectly healthy plant but this one stem. It looks like a deficiency or an over nuted problem and possibly a pH problem. I am growing either Bruce Banner or Big Bud in a peat/vermiculite mix (Dr. Bruce Bugbees mix) and using Jacks for ro water nutes at around 580 TDS or 1.2ec? Anyway, I water once a day til runoff with pH 5.9-6.4. This just appeared today as far as I know. Run-off today: in=1.2ec or 580 TDS, out=1.5ec or 750 TDS. Any ideas of what's wrong is appreciated. Thanks. Here's the pics.

IMG_20240113_120700.jpg

IMG_20240113_120702.jpg

I can't see any mold but you are probably right because this room has no dehumidifier cuz I usually just veg here. I have ordered one off Amazon, be a few days tho. Currently rh 65% @ 75 degrees f.

I'd bag the branch, cut it at the stem and inspect it thoroughly by taking it apart. And put the good nugs to dry.
I don't know what else it could be, as on a nice healthy plant with big buds that signal now means rot to me as I've had it happen on the last indoor and outdoor.
If it was something else it wouldn't be so localised.
That humidity is indeed too high for chunky buds.

And if it is you're on a timer though, as it travels through the inside.
If you have some kind of forced finisher I'd start feeding that.
I managed to ripen a bit further that way until I saw it popping up again on another branch and then I just went to quick harvest mode.

I already cut it off. Here's what it looked like. I threw it away.

IMG_20240113_131354.jpg

I already cut it off. Here's what it looked like. I threw it away.

it doesn't look bad. coulda been a broken branch or fans. don't throw it away, open it up and look for bud rot. it occurs from the inside out and you need to know if you have to deal with it before losing the grow. it'll look brown on the interior.

if there's any white web structure showing on the outside you'll need to move faster even.

Thank you for the reply. Like I said, I already threw it away but I could see nothing on it. The rest of the plant looks perfectly healthy. I have a dehumidifier coming in a couple of days so that should help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you for the reply. Like I said, I already threw it away but I could see nothing on it. The rest of the plant looks perfectly healthy. I have a dehumidifier coming in a couple of days so that should help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

just keep watch and toss more pics up here as you go if you are worried. to me it doesn't look bad, but it takes over fast if you have it present.

just keep watch and toss more pics up here as you go if you are worried. to me it doesn't look bad, but it takes over fast if you have it present.
Wil;l do, thanks.

Oh hey, how you doing? Yea I grow Bruce Banner sometimes too and it is some really good herb. I added a dehumidifier to my bedroom for the mold issue; that will take care of that. It came out fantastic. I just had mold in one bud but all the rest was clean. I got 8oz. of top notch bud and about 3 oz. of not quite larp but less dense bud. Not too bad for a small closet about 7sq. ft. Only thing is, now I am pretty sure it was super skunk and not Bruce Banner. The buds were way too small for The Hulk. Really, really good smoke tho, better then the last Bruce Banner from last grow, imo. I looked at your grow just quickly. Do you have any buds going yet? This pic is my last Bruce Banner or maybe Big Bud, lol. I have a hard time labeling. :)

IMG_20231012_124048 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom