Does my Bruce Banner look close to finishing? Day 76 of 12/12

What a beautiful plant. I tried growing auto's for a minute but they are just too unpredictable for me. The whole time I am wondering if it's actually a photo and will it ever flower. lol. After seeing yours, I might give them another go.
If you do try autos again give me a shout - what's not to like about quick and easy :cool:

If you do try autos again give me a shout - what's not to like about quick and easy :cool:
Hey, thank you for the offer Roy and I will. Have you grown what they call "fast autos"? I do like fast, lol. I like fast flowering, high THC and mass quantities. :peace::)

Hey, thank you for the offer Roy and I will. Have you grown what they call "fast autos"? I do like fast, lol. I like fast flowering, high THC and mass quantities. :peace::)
420 fastbuds original JH is a good place to start or good ole NL
If you wanna knock yourself out Blue Dream is a safe bet or Green Crack
All about 12 weeks seed to harvest
If you are after quantity, Big Bud & Green Crack are worthwhile, but Heavy Grapefruit yield was ridiculous

420 fastbuds original JH is a good place to start or good ole NL
If you wanna knock yourself out Blue Dream is a safe bet or Green Crack
All about 12 weeks seed to harvest
If you are after quantity, Big Bud & Green Crack are worthwhile, but Heavy Grapefruit yield was ridiculous
12 weeks? Awesome. Never had it happen to me. Any recommended breeders for Green Crack and especially Heavy Grapefruit?

Hello Personal Stash, I have 2 Bruce Banners in my tent along with a White Widow and a Tangie Ghost Train Haze. I hope my BBs don't take as long as yours, I am with you on the duration of flowering, I might venture into some 50/50 strains or slightly sativa 60/50 strains that finish in 60 or 70 days in future grows, I think I really like the higher sativa percentages but have not tried the equal hybrids. I don't veg longer that 6 weeks and only use fimming , LST and Screen to keep the plants away from the lights. Got a feeling the 50 50 strains will not stretch as much and be easier to grow. Cheers P.S. I would be happy with your results, just the way they are now, I sift all my weed into kief, dicarboxylate and add to coffee or Healthy Shakes in the morning. Great stuff, easy to find the perfect dose. Cheers

Hello BudShark, thanks for replying. I agree with everything you are doing except I have never made or done kief. Thai's hash isn't it? I don't know. Some growers here insist we should wait til pistols form before flowering but I never knew this and have never done it. What do you think that's about? Are you from the UK? Cheers right back at you.

Not a problem at all! Lots of breeders claim their strains will finish earlier than they actually do. It’s a fairly common practice especially amongst less competent or more greedy breeders. To be fair to the breeders, you could technically harvest when they say, but you would lose tons of quality and yield. Some of the biggest weight gains, and highest quality resin production doesnt happen until the last 2-3 weeks of flower. So if you harvest before that you may as well have just purchased it on the street or in a dispensary because you just lost out on tons of yield and quality.

Once you’re as deep into flower as you are there’s no point in turning back or stopping. You’ve already committed so much time and energy that if you cut it off now it would be an almost complete waste and you would be so disappointed it could affect your motivation. Ask me how I know 🤣

Sativas and indicas come from two different climates. Sativas from humid, and warm climates where they have plenty of time to slowly build up their big long flowers. Indicas come from cool, dry, and mountainous regions. They have a limited window of time to flower out before winter takes them so they very often finish in half the time of sativas.

With breeding and hybridization these lines have been blurred a bit. You’ll come across sativa hybrids that look and flower like indicas and vice versa. Heck some times you can even come across these differences in the same strain. Check this out:

IMG_6107.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg

Those two plants are the same strain, different phenos. One plant is tall with sativa characteristics and one plant is squat with indica characteristics

They’re the same age, same diet, same everything. You can see the differences in their heights and sizes here, top left and bottom right are the same strain

IMG_6105.jpeg

Bottom left and top right, same strain in this image:

IMG_6097.jpeg

So as you can see, there can be big differences just in the strain itself. That’s why I rarely use hard dates for anything. The only hard date I have is the plants must veg for at least 60 days to ensure they’re sexually mature so they will produce the maximum amount of resin possible. Other than that, I just watch the plants to determine when they need what
Yea, early on when I just had one 2x4x6 tent, I would plant 2 plants and one would always grow bigger than the other. I will probably go to using clones if I can grow some good mothers. Space is always a problem tho. But It would be easier if I knew what my plants were going to do before they do it.

I know now you are right. I just never knew some plants could take so long. Back to plain old Idica for me because sativa's, even hybrids like my Bruce Banner, take way too long for my patience. I have decided to let this one grow and forget about the plant I was wanting the space for. Your buds look fantastic btw. Thanks for the pics.
You have to take in account variables. People don't do that alot of times. Stress drought transplant all effect growth. It stops. You can watch it and see . Plant just stops. Growing and well you can see.

I didn't know the lower buds had more CBD, that is interesting.
They don't. I have no idea where that came from. If there's a source I'd like to read it.

The plant produces trichomes that are pretty standard throughout the flower and sugar leaves, and the strain genetics determine how much cbg, cbd, thc etc there is in those trichomes.

And those trichomes can ripen at different rates but the various cannabinoids are not located in different parts of the plant.

Hello BudShark, thanks for replying. I agree with everything you are doing except I have never made or done kief. Thai's hash isn't it? I don't know. Some growers here insist we should wait til pistols form before flowering but I never knew this and have never done it. What do you think that's about? Are you from the UK? Cheers right back at you.
Hello Presonal Stash, yes Kief is a powdery hash made from dry buds over a screen mesh, tedious to make but a great pure powdery form of pickmeup. I agree with others about pistils, they should start to darken and shrivel up prior to harvesting. Im in Canada, 4 plant limit here. I just grow for fun and passtime. Cheers

They don't. I have no idea where that came from. If there's a source I'd like to read it.

The plant produces trichomes that are pretty standard throughout the flower and sugar leaves, and the strain genetics determine how much cbg, cbd, thc etc there is in those trichomes.

And those trichomes can ripen at different rates but the various cannabinoids are not located in different parts of the plant.
I agree as well, would also like to read.

That far into the grow I would never chop early. You will waste all you time and effort for some soso bud. You have to remain dedicated.

I run a lot of mystery seeds. Each one it's own personality. But I let them do their thing, move them into other tents or areas if I have to flip flop veg/flower.

I have had a few push well past 100days in flower. Nature of the beast.

Autos are ok, it was nice not having to babysit light schedules. Photos seem to produce alot more, Higher quality weed.

I like more return.

Just my 2¢

Oh forgot something. Reason why I say not even close. Hairs colors, leaves dying and looks like hell when it's ready. Lmao. It's one of the hardest to judge. Cause plant looks bad. I think. Best time I am finding out after 6 years of growing. If when u see ambers on top nug 60% golden brown. And mid plant has about 15% ambers. Why people only grow top three nodes and clean off rest.. me I like whole plant. Bottom usually best CBD smoke but still works. Just not as strong as mid and top nugs. . keep that in mind as well.
I harvested Christmas Day. I saw what looked like mold in one place so I plucked it early. I found more mold after a week of drying. Bummer.

IMG_20240101_135938.jpg

IMG_20231216_141750 (1).jpg

IMG_20231216_141817.jpg

I harvested Christmas Day. I saw what looked like mold in one place so I plucked it early. I found more mold after a week of drying. Bummer.

IMG_20240101_135938.jpg

IMG_20231216_141750 (1).jpg

IMG_20231216_141817.jpg
I have had three plants this year fall to that. And all three were not so much mold resistant. Found that out to on buying seeds. It helps to know. Also. Fan inside will stop most of it. I got one and if fixed it. But if it rains like a lot alot of days. Theirs no help for them really. These are not a tropical plants. Nor low humidity. Think about that in Columbia jungles. Hot and humid as hell. Twice what it is in US. But they love. Go figure

Back
Top Bottom