Does the delivery system make a difference?

greenjeans

I have tried "one hitter" pipes, water pipes, vape, cookies, dust, gummies......you name it!! :yahoo: For some reason, the dust left over from a 40% alcohol rinse (Sambuca) from an attempt to make a tinture seems to have the best effect. From the few times I have put a teaspoon of dust in my chili at lunch it hits about 45 minutes in and leaves me very happy until some times well after supper. This seems way longer than any other method I have tried. Could the very little bit of alcohol left in the dust make a difference??
I am curious about how different delivery methods have worked for you guys?? Pros - Cons??
Asking for a friend!!:ciao:

Hey Greenjeans!

we used to get 190 grain alcohol but now 151 is the highest proof without crossing state lines etc anywho Capn Obvious sez the higher proof alcohol you use the more effectively it strips the trichs.

not sure why the dust seems to be more effective for you but one can’t argue with what works!

for me gummies & edibles work best after a meal or snack with high fat content and for gummies I prefer to melt and hold under my tongue for 5 minutes or so before swallowing meds

tell us more about your dust… is it decarbed before hand?

"one hitter" pipes, water pipes, vape, cookies, dust, gummies
greenjeans, hope all is well with you.

The miss's and I Just came from a birthday party and had the opportunity to partake some legal stuff one of the folks brought and bought from a legal source in Florida. With a medical card, cannabis is legal to buy, transport and partake in that state. That legal stuff is really good, it's quick provides a quality buzz, both mind or/and body.

Sambuca, that you mentioned in your post is something I've never tried. I've definitely tried and will continue to try all of the other ways of consuming cannabis that you mentioned.

Anyway interesting post you have there. Take care bro.

tell us more about your dust… is it decarbed before hand?
Hey 0 - (OK if I call you by your first name??) I simply decarb the weed normally and then I use a mortor and pestle to grind real fine. I then sift out the sticks etc and that's it. If you are lucky you can find an old flour sifter. They work pretty good for this.
I figured that the alcohol was not strong enough but was more surprised about how strong the "discards" would be and wondered if there was a relationship or reaction between the mixture of dust and alcohol. So many experiments to do.......
Sambuca, that you mentioned in your post is something I've never tried.
We got some years ago because the wife thought it soothed her sore throat!!! She's not fooling me!!! The liquer is too strong to be used as a tincture, it burns, but added to vegetable glycerin it is fine...but not real effective.

I have just made a couple of wooden "heads" for my mason jar hooka - I will get a picture tomorrow - it incorporates a secondary chamber that allows the ash and chaff, etc someplace to go instead of straight into the water. I'm not sure if it works as far as solving that annoyance. Stay tuned!!! :ciao:

Roger that Mr. gj. Looking forward to seeing your setup and I will for sure stay tuned.

Hey 0 - (OK if I call you by your first name??) I simply decarb the weed normally and then I use a mortor and pestle to grind real fine. I then sift out the sticks etc and that's it. If you are lucky you can find an old flour sifter. They work pretty good for this.
I figured that the alcohol was not strong enough but was more surprised about how strong the "discards" would be and wondered if there was a relationship or reaction between the mixture of dust and alcohol. So many experiments to do.......

We got some years ago because the wife thought it soothed her sore throat!!! She's not fooling me!!! The liquer is too strong to be used as a tincture, it burns, but added to vegetable glycerin it is fine...but not real effective.

I have just made a couple of wooden "heads" for my mason jar hooka - I will get a picture tomorrow - it incorporates a secondary chamber that allows the ash and chaff, etc someplace to go instead of straight into the water. I'm not sure if it works as far as solving that annoyance. Stay tuned!!! :ciao:

Yessir - you can call me anything - just so long as you call me for dinner! :laugh:

I do find that gummies & edibles last for a longer duration than smoking or vape.

OK - so here is my "One hitter Mason jar Hooka" - The "bowl" has offset intake and outlet holes. I bore out about 3/4" deep large enough to fit over the 1/2" copper pipe then from the side with a forstner bit bore out enough but still leave room behind it for the outlet hole. I usually make the smaller holes about 1/8". At the top I bore out about 1/4" deep with a 3/4" forstner and then bevel deeper with a large bevel bit. Then drill small hole thru into the lower chamber. The tricky part is drilling thru the side from the chamber and trying to connect up with the small hole up from the bottom. Then fasten on the cover. I also place a small metal disc in the top hole that allows the smoke to go around and down into the interior chamber.
DSCF5124.JPG

DSCF5126.JPG

Pay no attention to the hole on the left under the intake hole from the top, it goes nowhere - Oh, I know!! That is where I might screw a screen to help the process - See, it wasn't a mistake!!! :rofl:
DSCF5127.JPG

I'm not sure yet if the extra chamber does anything, there may be too much turbulence, but it can't hurt!!

Back
Top Bottom