Does this look like a male? Pollen sack?

jokerlola

Does this look like a pollen sack and pollen sacks at the top?

6D9ED575-17A5-4DB5-B0BB-408E62A56201.jpeg

4CEA1ED5-3EA5-46AA-8BA9-25556CB74C9B.jpeg

B8B9B9CB-AA0C-4FEF-A58A-D5F2DF067623.jpeg

FE6BE790-BF2A-4659-882A-F390E67CECF5.jpeg

Yes, it seems to be, however, I would wait another day or two to be sure. As long as the pod is not breached or open your "girls" should be safe from the potential pollination effects. Could be a hermie situation. Are there any light leaks in the grow? Sometimes that can cause hermaphroditic reactions in plants. This may help: Marijuana Plant Anatomy | Leafly.

Yes, it seems to be, however, I would wait another day or two to be sure. As long as the pod is not breached or open your "girls" should be safe from the potential pollination effects. Could be a hermie situation. Are there any light leaks in the grow? Sometimes that can cause hermaphroditic reactions in plants. This may help: Marijuana Plant Anatomy | Leafly.
This is an outdoor plant from regular seeds. (Funky Charms).

Looks male. Could be a hermie. Either way...chop, chop.
What surprises me is how small the pollen sacks are! These were about the size of the tip of a Bic pen. They must have just emerged today because I didn't see them yesterday or Saturday. This is my first time dealing with seeds and first time seeing a male plant or male flowers. These are regular seeds so I have been watching for male traits everyday. I first noticed budding at the top 2 days ago and I thought it looked like a female flower. Looking at it today, it didn't look quite right so I got the magnifying glass out and saw the tiny sacks.

This is the seedling that I almost killed because I under watered it. It recovered from that but it was stunted and was way small for it's age. It had just recently started growing faster but it should have been much bigger at this stage.

Here is an article you may have an interest in, the article indicates that chemical and physical stress on cannabis plants can produce hermaphroditic or male features in some strains of cannabis. I would skip the first parts of the article to the "discussion" part of the article for a good explanation. There are some good pictures in the article too.

Here is an article you may have an interest in, the article indicates that chemical and physical stress on cannabis plants can produce hermaphroditic or male features in some strains of cannabis. I would skip the first parts of the article to the "discussion" part of the article for a good explanation. There are some good pictures in the article too.

Interesting article! I'm surprised I didn't have a hermie in my very first ever grow 11 years ago. We had gotten a medical card for my Dad during his illness when colorado first went medical. Dispensaries were giving out all kinds of freebies to get you to make them your caregiver and we got a free clone from one of them. I didn't know anything about growing and really knew nothing about photoperiod. I planted it in a pot on my back porch that I had grown a tomato plant in the year before and only fertilized with Alaska Fish Fert per label (every 3 weeks). We had a motion sensor porch light right above the plant that would turn on whenever we or our dog would go outside or animals like raccoons would come thru. So it never got uninterrupted darkness. Plus it got light from the indoor lights shining thru the windows. And I still wound up growing a great plant with decent colas and no hermie or seeds. With my second grow 4 years ago, I educated my self about growing more but was still lax about the porch motion light and light leaks from windows. I grew 5 plants my second grow from cuttings and did find 2 seeds in the harvest. Now I'm totally dialed in with keeping lights off the plants at night (except from neighbors which I can't do anything about) and last year I still found 4 seeds in my harvest. 2 seeds in my Harlequin harvest and 2 seeds in my Super Lemon Haze harvest. I'm growing one of the Harlequin seeds right now and it just showed me this week that it is a female.

One thing that is interesting, in my first grow 11 years ago, I dried some of the buds in brown paper grocery bags (Read about that technique on the internet at the time). I recently found one of those bags in the basement and it still had some buds in it! These buds have been sitting in that bag for almost 11 years. they had absolutely no smell and looked pretty pale and dried out. I tried it and it actually still gave me a really good high and didn't taste bad at all! I can't remember what strain it was, only that it was some kind of Kush.

Your "found" basement brown-bag stash is a "Mana from the Universal Sweet-Spot". Proves you are cosmically centered and have good Karma. Regarding the article, as you see, even the factory grows have problems with hermies and they have some of the strictest genetic, cleanliness, environmental, care and nutrient programs around. A lot of factories don't even clone in the "normal" way or grow from seed - they culture (sealed test tube + nutrient agar + piece of plant) following cleanliness, genetic and strict environmental protocol. I guess growers will always find an occasional "hermie in the hemp-pile".

yes it is, try cutting them off as they grow and your male plant may produce female flowers;)

heres my male that i removed the pollen clusters(male flowers) as they developed, sure enough look what happened;)
20210910_135238.jpg
20210910_133336.jpg
20210910_133208.jpg

Does this look like a pollen sack and pollen sacks at the top?

6D9ED575-17A5-4DB5-B0BB-408E62A56201.jpeg

4CEA1ED5-3EA5-46AA-8BA9-25556CB74C9B.jpeg

B8B9B9CB-AA0C-4FEF-A58A-D5F2DF067623.jpeg

FE6BE790-BF2A-4659-882A-F390E67CECF5.jpeg
Definitely looks like a male pollen sack to me. Good thing if you are breeding and want pollen, if not, I would say cull it and get it out of the grow.

yes it is, try cutting them off as they grow and your male plant may produce female flowers;)

heres my male that i removed the pollen clusters(male flowers) as they developed, sure enough look what happened;)
20210910_135238.jpg
20210910_133336.jpg
20210910_133208.jpg
Wow! That's interesting! So did the whole plant turn female eventually? If not, what did it end up at the end? Did the buds have seeds at harvest?

Back
Top Bottom