Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

Looking great man.

You will drive yourself mad,IF you worry about every little spot you come across, We as people are not all perfect,your girls will also not always be perfect,but right now,they look a 10 to me

took me some time,to not kill my girls with kindness

I love this setup

Haha, I posted on someones journal about my memory today. It's non existent :rofl:

Oh & my light doesn't look like arriving tomorrow, it's still in Holland according to the tracking :(

Just saw your edit....tbh i have noting to go by but from what i've read the genetics of Dinafem are great.

The only other seeds i would have tried was UGORG, but they tried to peddle them so much on the dark side i didn't bother out of principal...They are actually supposed to be decent though, but they're regulars and i needs femmed atm, so Dinafem was the obvious choice.

This one was a free gift for buying 3 Kush n Cheese which all failed. This one looks to be ok though, I've just got the nervous wait for it to break the surface to come. It's the 1st time I've grown dinafem but I've heard they are good genetics.
I didn't fancy UGORG for the same reasons mate. I'm not a sheep that wants to join the clan & reg seeds do my fruit in. I hate waiting to sex plants & finding they're male. I've done 3 reg seeds since I started my journal & every one has been male :(
I like Barneys farm seeds, the phenos can be a bit iffy but they always produce top quality product. I want to grow Acapulco gold again, that was one of my faves :)

Droopy plants, lights off

SO i noticed that my plants went seriously droopy during lights off. The only thing online that i can find is about over watering, which obviously makes no sense in a hybrid DWC like mine. Some posts on varoius sites i read said thats its perfectly fine, the plants are just relaxing during lights off because they're putting all their energy into the roots. But still, it's a bit worrying.

If they don't perk up when lights come on in 5 hours it's an immediate res change.

Admittedly in these pics they have just had a foliar spray which is weighing down the leaves a lot, but still.... :(

P1150388.JPG

P1150390.JPG

P1150397.JPG

I'm on it like a car bonnet, but i still want to wait and see what happens, and whether the plants are now becoming accustomed to their circadian rhythm and will perk up a the lights start to come on...if not it's action stations!

plants do sleep doozy, after a good 18 hr day out in the sun,The girls just need a little downtime

mine can look like they are near death,come back at lights on,reaching for the sky

For vegetative growth I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Doozy mate, you're a very attentive father but sometimes you can kill your babies through too much love. As c526 says, it's perfectly normal for them to go droopy when they relax :)

In other news, it looks like my light left Amsterdam & reached my local depot over night :yahoo: I can't tell you how excited I am about the new toy :)

For vegetative growth I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Hey doozy,just wondering how the power bill was looking??

temps holding,humidity ok??

Interestingly both of these points are correlated, i agree that an 18/6 schedule is tried and tested and would be the safe way to go, but so far i've saved 5 hours of light usage a day, and although i'm not the one to judge, i don't think my plants have suffered from using the Gas Lantern Routine.

In terms of electricity, i've used 330kwh so far, which i estimate would be closer to 450kwh or more were i using the 18/6 schedule.

I started on my first grow with GLR because i knew if i didn't try it now i never would, but maybe next time i'll try 18/6 and see if there's any difference :)

In terms of the data -

Ph of each res is holding at a steady 5.7-5.9

EC of each res was holding at a steady 0.8-0.9, but weirdly seems to have risen to 1.1 - 1.2 in the past 24-48 hours

Lights on temp - 26 - 29 (78 - 84)

Lights off temp - 18 - 22 (64 - 71)

Res temps - steady 22 - 23 (71 - 73) lights on, dropping a little at night so i've used some frozen water bottles. Two of these added twice a day keeps the temps down around the 20 - 21 area (67 - 69)

RH - was at 40% but i put a humidifier in there just to boost it a bit so now it's at a steady 60%

Cheers :)

looking good man,

A little e.c change is ok,just means the girls are drinking water,If you find it getting silly,then the mix maybe a little high,for the stage

In my water world,I try not to let the reservoir get lower than 68,Ive had issues in flower of the girls getting locked out by cool water
P deficiency mostly. depending on the strain,I have to add a aquarium heater to the reservoir,winter time---Im in a basement.

In my water world,I try not to let the reservoir get lower than 68,Ive had issues in flower of the girls getting locked out by cool water
P deficiency mostly. depending on the strain,I have to add a aquarium heater to the reservoir,winter time---Im in a basement.

Now that really is interesting, because the majority of what you read says that you should hold them between 60 and 65, but i never believe everything i read, I read a conflicting comment posted by a guy who says he keeps his at 75 and has never had any issues at all....

Sometimes it's hard to know whether people do things just because they are told it's the right way...

Anyway, i'm keeping mine at about 68-72 ish and they seem happy so far.

Cheers :)

its all going to be conditioned on the environment, mine would sit on the concrete floor and the nighttime would drop,My water would get cold and the roots wold not be able to get the phosphorus needed..

the guy running at 75 in dwc?? anytime I tried that,the results were poor.What is funny,the hydro system I run now,the water gets that warm and even warmer,no air pumps-chillers. the only oxygen that gets added is from the waterfall action,as the water drips back into the tank,never before have I had such stable ph and e.c
I run the Heisenberg tea,once a week and it really keeps the water in check. it takes care of the nasty shit in the
water/rootzone

we all have different methods to similar results,i've heard alot of crazy methods over the years,its part of the experiment to see what works best in your garden.

take your e.c for example,you are getting away with that,in my garden,I max out in full flower at 1.6 and thats with a lb of bud on top,But it works in my garden,with my lights,water,environment.

:volcano-smiley:

I have another interesting light cycle that will save energy. You drop your days from 24 to 18hrs so you have 12 on 6 off then in flower just reverse it to 6 on 12 off. This shortens the entire cycle by 25% :)

Back
Top Bottom