Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

I'm glad that's for your records coz it means nothing to me. I only understand bucket & watering can :) Oh whilst I'm here, don't be neglecting my journal, we have another Brit on-board who's just started a journal himself. Get yourself over & catch up :)

There you go Doozy, Dusty knows his stuff with hydro :)

I've just been over to the other site & it seems Wizard loves it so much he's a fully paid up member. I don't think we'll see much of him over here if at all :( I gave him the heads up on the Osrams so al least he can do a decent job fighting the LED fight in the future

There you go Doozy, Dusty knows his stuff with hydro :)

I've just been over to the other site & it seems Wizard loves it so much he's a fully paid up member. I don't think we'll see much of him over here if at all :( I gave him the heads up on the Osrams so al least he can do a decent job fighting the LED fight in the future

He's comfortable, and not pushing any boundaries. Good for him.

Unfortunately, i've had a massive problem, as a result of leaving the babies alone, because i had to see a client who's shower tray was leaking into his kitchen in Wiltshire, which took me over 24 hours to fix, by the time i got home my babies have basically died.

The dripper timer wasn't setup correctly, and the lights were too much, and to be brutally honest, they shouldn't have gone into the big bubblers so soon, especially if i wasn't there to tend to them....i went against my own advice.

I'm fucking gutted, and have no one else to blame but myself..i don't even want to show pics....they're so sad.

Totally gutted atm. Mortified.

Fcuking hell Doozy I'm gutted for ya. Are you 100% sure they're completely dead. What do the roots look like?

At the time mate i nearly just pulled them and threw them straight away, they literally looked awful, there's a pic below of one that still looks almost as bad as it did last week. There's some good news though...

That sucks ive used spayers once bout killed shit cause of timers, thats why im strait dwc no dripers nospayers nothing but an air stone, and if that quits got days to fix it. Have you got more beans? I wish I could give you cuttings.

Thanks mate, that's really kind of you, it did suck big time!

That's terrible man. Find it hard to believe those babies would just die with all those rootseven if your dripper failed completely. The water from the bubbles should travel up the hydroton a bit and should have kept them hydrated.

I feel for you

Thanks man.

So i found out what happened. Unlike i has first thought, the real problem was not marking my mixtures properly. I had basically diluted some Phosphoric Acid ready to go into the res's, i do this because i figure if 81% acid hits any part of the plant it's certainly a gonner, not to mention it's dangerous stuff in general, so i take a syringe, put some in a measuring jug, then dilute it at about 50-1 parts tap water, then start gradually adding it in a larger 100ml syringe to the res's until i hit 5.8Ph. The dilue Phosphoric Acid is about Ph 1.5 - 2.0

When i was called away for an emergency work issue i was in such a rush i thought that the measuring jug was full of ph5.8, as that is what i used to drip onto the root riots occasionally when they first went in the bubblers, (just because the dripper rings are a bit far away from the little plants) it was obviously full of around Ph 1.5 - 2.0 mix, which i then mixed with 1 part per 250 of Rhizotonic and spayed all over the plants...

Fried em.

Totally my fault, totally stupid...but i think that was the issue.

Anyway, i decided to at least try and save them, and i've seen a bit of progress with 4 of the 5 plants this week,so i thought i'd make a post.

First of all, here is the worst plant, if she doesn't pick up i'll bin her over the weeknd, i've already got another seed germinating to replace her. VERY sad plant...but you can see the damage that was done clearly on this one..

P1150271.JPG

The next two plants look a bit better, but they do have very stunted growth on the side that was most affected. The new growth, although a bit lop sided, is all very healthy looking and green...

P1150284.JPG

P1150279.JPG

The fourth plant looks fairly stable, a bit wonky and again clearly damaged, but new growth is fine.

P1150269.JPG

And finally, the fifth plant, which is the best of the bunch (although you can still see some of the marking from where the plant was hurt)

P1150274.JPG

P1150266.JPG

I've cut off most of the dead leaf on all five, it was literally white and completely lifeless so served no purpose. I'm hoping that the four ladies still recover and manage to get strong again, but i fear the first plant is gone. Worst case scenario, if i do manage to get the other four plants back to health properly, and the other bean i have is just too far behind, i'll simply remove the middle res, shift the others together, and grow four plants instead of five. I have no real time frame for the veg period so it will just mean the grow takes a bit longer to fill the screen.

Anyway, fingers crossed that hey keep getting better or it's back to square one...

Hey Doozy mate. You mind if another led head subs up fella?
You got one hell of a setup there. Going to have trees in there in no time.

Hey Doozy mate. You mind if another led head subs up fella?
You got one hell of a setup there. Going to have trees in there in no time.

Welcome aboard mate!

Just a quick update, i've pulled the fifth plant, the gimpy looking one. It simply wasn't growing at all.

So, the end result is that i'm now down to four plants, which i'm not concerned about as i'll just veg for a bit longer to fill the scrog screen.

On a better note, the four Blue Widow plants are really thriving! Two of them now have roots in the res, and as soon as that happened they seem to be growing like mad!

P1150304.JPG

P1150303.JPG

I'll consider putting the other plant in there (Blue Hash) that i'm germinating, but i'm not too fussed at this stage. The bubblers are setup to grow big plants so four or five really makes little or no odds, especially considering i'm using a scrog screen.

you can just about make out the tap root in this picture!

P1150306.JPG

Cheers :)

looking good man,well saved:volcano-smiley:

personally I wouldn't add the 5th plant,im not sure of yours seeds,but if the flowering times are much different,its a hassle(for me anyways)
to separate finished flowering,and still growing.

looking good man,well saved:volcano-smiley:

personally I wouldn't add the 5th plant,im not sure of yours seeds,but if the flowering times are much different,its a hassle(for me anyways)
to separate finished flowering,and still growing.

Agreed, i'm going with the four.

Honestly, you can almost see the ladies growing. I wish i had a camera that took pics every hour..

Big bertha from this
P1150303.JPG

Is literally going mental....i'll take a pic now.

to this in well under 48 hours

P1150313.JPG

The gimpy plant looked like this when i pulled her

P1150294.JPG

No growth..

Back
Top Bottom