Double your pleasure 1/2 the fun?

gorillagrow

Ok so I'm going to start this out with a brief history, This will be my 2nd and 3rd attempt at growing. The 1st I had to abandon and distroyed for reasons of security which is now past! The reason I am going for 2 grow journel is simple, I have started 2 new grows, The 1st that has been rather poor about 4 or 5 weeks along. I believe for my poor choice in soil, I used a top soil and added perlite about 20% to it. started this group I have named group1 to help keep things clear and the 2nd has wisely been name group 2.
Group 1 sad bunch that is seems to have been dwarfed, as I said I believe that poor soil and a bout of really high ph seems to have stunted them as you will see in the photos below. for this and no other reason and not want to simply toss them I am hoping, to learn something from them and have desided the best coarse of action here is to send them to flower, and see where it goes.

Group 1 photo
These sorry looking plants are nearly 4 weeks old, and I am at a loss for what to do for them! They lost a bunch of lower leave, that started to turn brown and curled up and died I believe because of high ph and or Potassium deficiency, I have gain control of ph now at 6.6-6.8 and have given them Wood ash in and effort to salvage them as best I can currently under a 250w mh lamp and will change to sodium shortly. I am watering every time container weight suggest.

IMG_19911.JPG

Group 2 I have just started they are but, 2days in soil this time I have started them in organic potting soil, ph is nutral at 6.8 and have 7 of 12 germinated sprouts poking the heads out and making me smile, these are all from the same bag seed as I am still a newbee in training, truth be know I am not growing for myself but for a brother, who needs the meds, in a state which is behind the time regarding medical use laws. That being said I also would like to thank all the 420 family for the information I have absorbed, in my time here this has to be the best community of people around without a doubt!

IMG_19921.JPG

Group 1 started to show some improvement since they were given wood ash, nothing to jump up and down about but looking better I will give them a few more days to improve and then post a few more pictures.
Group 2 Doing great now have 11 seedlings that have broken soil, gave them their first full watering, They are in small grow box with a 300 watt 5700 cfl, with a comp fan providing plenty of fresh air and consistant breeze.

Group 1
They seem to have stabilized now, not loosing any more lower leaves, the top of the plants have started looking better, I'm currently doing a remodel on the closet they are in, gonna add some lighting and white to the walls thinking about using some white poster board. no doubt that I will upgrade the electrical suppy for it. I post some pictures when I am done, along with pictures of the plants from this group.

Group 2
These little ones, are doing well orignally I germed 18 bag seeds 7 sprouted root in 2 or 3 days, I put them in soil and then another 5 sprouted root, the next day and also put them in soil, I thought that was it and then was about to thtow out the paper towel looked inside and 3 more had popped, so I added them to soil figured what the heck, of the 15, 13 have broken soil, and are at least trying, to grow, there room in that grow box so I figure why not see what happens with them!
I'm gonna have my hands full with this attempt, with my limited experience, and funds I need to find the funds for a good ph meter, this liquid test test and cheap comb meter I'm useing right now makes a lot more work for me.

Whats up man, looks good so far.

Damn, the first group has STRETCHED!!!!! It looks like the one in the back has like 4" from one node to the next. You should really move that light a little closer, that 250MH should be able to be like 2' away without problems. Maybe transplant into square containers so they'll be more uniform.

Group 2 looks good, you'll know more in a week or so.

keep it up!!!

Thanks smoke I am working on the space they are in, I will be pulling everything out of there tomorrow, for the work I have to do, with new wiring, and add white to walls. but when evrything goes back I will drop the light down some. I was worrried about scorcing the plants, and the plant have lost alot of lower leaves, I believe because of cheap soil I started them with and a problem with high ph, that is under control now.

ok so something odd with 1 of the plants in group 2 anyone ever seen anything like it, comes form the same seeds, all other conditions are the same. notice the deformed leaves
IMG_19982.JPG

This plant is the same batch of seeds and looks perfectly normal. They are both 12 days old.

IMG_19992.JPG

I'm gonna see what happens with it, just wondering if anyone had a plant that deform like this, and if they know why it happened?

That isn't the case here I have them on 24/0 lighting time, I haven't had that many plants to have seen anything this weird, but it's been looking like this for about 5 or 6 days. It started out looking like all the others?

The only new thing, is currently going on is that I have found a way to collect rain water to use for my plants. What is interesting is that I check the PH and it was 6.6 which is just about perfect for them. It beats the heck out of having to buy water, and better than useing my well water as it has to be filtered and the system uses salt because the water is hard and full of iron, I used rain water on my plants yesterday and they seem to like it! There no point at putting up any pic's today nothing much to see, different that you all would be able to notice anyway.

The stretch is on and 2 have declared their sex to be male the picutres i've taken aren't very good, I have to work on my skills with the camera! So I have posted the best picture I have. I just got a new phone and it's camera is suppose to be great so maybe thats the way to go I'll have to try to use that one and see what I get, but the picture below is of what has shown itself to be a male for sure! So far of the 11 total plant, the ones I'm sure of 2 ladies and 2 males, that I will rip out!
IMG_20232.JPG

Oh and on a slightly better note, the 600 watt dual lamp lights that I ordered, ended up being back ordered on me, You might ask how this was good but right after I heard they were back ordered, I found a deal on craigslist, for a 1000 sodium and 400 watt metal halide both complete for 150.00 so I cancelled the 600 watt set up and saved 100.00.

Ok so I killed to 2 males that I am sure of from group 1, I hate that, I wish someone else could do it, after putting all that time, into caring for them!

So group 2 is now at around 15 days old and really starting to look like it might be off to a good start, compared to group 1 plants. It does prove that soil and ph being right is extremly important!! Group 2 plants are just changing daily almost right before my eyes! Gonna veg these for at a month or 2, I have plenty of room for growth, with 8' ceilings here and room in 12' x 12' I should have new soduim 1000 watt and 400 watt metal halide lights here this weekend!

Group 2 from same bag seed as group 1

IMG_20303.JPG

yea i know what ya mean bout puttin in the time...then killin them... soon ima take the plunge and order some feminized seeds to cut out the B.S. just been too paranoid of gettin caught

Legal I know what you mean about getting caught, I will, need to buy some femed seeds, myself at some point, I am using bag seed, and I figure it's good enough to learn on, don't have enough experience growing yet to spend good money on top quality seeds!
Smoke I have never, grown males, to flower, can't start now, winters coming and the only way I would consider keeping them is if I could move them outside to protect the ladies, from being violated! I would consider the basement but even then you need to change cloths going from 1 grow room to the other, pollin will stick to you and transfer, without you even noticing from what I understand. Maybe in a spring summer grow I would take the chance and put them outside, on my back lot, and just play the wait and see what happens game with them!

I woke up this morning to a nice surprise, group 1 while they currently are not as I would have hoped they would look, have shown me 4 females that I am sure of, and their are a couple more that are looking like ladies!!! I'm thrilled! I will be transplanting them into larger buckets this weekend and should have my new 1000 watt sodium light to put on them, with any luck! I will put up some pictures after I transplant them, I'm just hoping that transplanting them doesn't stress them to much, but they need bigger pots for the flowering cycle to have the chance to produce anything good. If anyone has any suggestions about anything that could help reduce the stress I would appreciate the input!!

congrats on the girls!

Thanks legal I believe that there is 1 more that will show her self in the next day or 2 I just killed another male, I still hate doing that! I'm still interested if anyone has any suggestions about how I can help with stress reduction during a transplant, with these plants! Open to any thoughts or suggestions!

Morning to all, this morning I had to kill another male 4 of 11 I started with in group 1, I think 1 of the plants I call as female might be going hermie on me, not sure right at this point I will give it a couple more day to show and If I can get a clear picture of it, I will post it here, for the feed back of others, it has the white hairs of a female plant but looks, it growing male sacks as well I could tell better if I had seen one before but don't remember coming accross one here. If anyone knows of a clear picture of 1, I would appreciate, a link, or who has the photo so I can compare!

On the good to great news side, I finally, connected with the guy that had the light on craigslist, for sale and picked them up today, I believe I did real good for only $150.00 I got a 1000 watt, sodium with a new agro grow bulb, and a 400 watt metal halide, both from sunlight unlimited check them out!
IMG_20312.JPG

:grinjoint:

That was a badass deal... About the hermie consider gettin a magnifying glass to check it out closer

Back
Top Bottom