Double your pleasure 1/2 the fun?

Thanks Legal & Tunes I have to finsh up some changes to my grow closet, running a seperate circuit for power supply, and need something reflective for the walls, try to finsh things up in the next couple of days.

I finished the wiring upggrade to my closet, and lined it with a white poly tarp materal I had laying around. I'm kind of feeling like, I am losing ground with group 1 plants based on the fact that I had to kill another plant today, as I rather sure it was hermied, if not hermie, it was all male. But I guess I shouldn't complain of the remaining 6 plants in this group I am sure 5 of them are female:slide: pictures below are of modifications to the closet. Next thing to get done is to transplant into larger containers. Everyone have a great day!
IMG_20511.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

Now that i finshed, grow closet for Group 1 plants and put new 400 watt m/h light on them. I figured I could make better use of the 250 watt m/h for group 2 seedling so I modified the grow cabinet I had them in to accept the 250 watt light, and they are loving the new light as you can see, they are reaching for the light now!

This first picture shows the new installation of light.

IMG_20542.JPG

This one shows them reaching for the light as I said, most pronounced in the plant in front row 3rd from the left. I had to lift the light so you could see it better, this was in just about 12 hours of time with the new light, I think that I will more than likely have to increase my watering times with them, because of increased growth and heat. :grinjoint:

IMG_20531.JPG

Yea under my mh my plants need a lot of watering

These are from group 2 they broke through the soil on sept 27th so they are currently, 18 day old for the most part some took a coupe of days longer but the majority of them popped their little leafs with in a few hours of each other, I'm real pleased with the progress of this group in compare to, group 1 the group that I threw into flower on the same day just because I didn't want to scrap the whole grow, I wanted to try to learn something from the mistakes I made, by trying to salvage something from them! I do have some buds, now in group 1 and will post some pic's of them in a couple of days when they show a little better!

Morning to all, this morning I had to kill another male 4 of 11 I started with in group 1, I think 1 of the plants I call as female might be going hermie on me, not sure right at this point I will give it a couple more day to show and If I can get a clear picture of it, I will post it here, for the feed back of others, it has the white hairs of a female plant but looks, it growing male sacks as well I could tell better if I had seen one before but don't remember coming accross one here. If anyone knows of a clear picture of 1, I would appreciate, a link, or who has the photo so I can compare!

On the good to great news side, I finally, connected with the guy that had the light on craigslist, for sale and picked them up today, I believe I did real good for only $150.00 I got a 1000 watt, sodium with a new agro grow bulb, and a 400 watt metal halide, both from sunlight unlimited check them out!
IMG_20312.JPG

:grinjoint:

insane deal... insane

I agree but the guy who was selling them live in the boonies and I guess I was the only one willing to drive out there to get them, I wasn't real that bad to save, mad bucks on some great lights!!!

I don't know whats happening here, 2 days ago these plants were looking great, and now I have leaves that are yellowing on like 5 of my kids. The only thing I can figure, is that I gave them a half dose of Alaska fish fertilizer, so I am going to flush them and hope that I can stop the negitive effect! If anyone has any other suggestions, I would welcome them!

IMG_20551.JPG

wow I'm thinking, things have turned bad right now, at least 5 of my kids in group 2 have started having leaves turn yellow and going brown! I think somethings wrong with them thats why I just flushed the hell out of them, I'm going to poke hope into the soil around the roots to give them O2 and keep my fingers crossed!

On the other hand group 1 now has some bud sites, while they more than likly yeild much, it's still exciting.

IMG_20572.JPG

They just 18 days into flowering!

IMG_20562.JPG

I believe that I have figure out what was causing the leaves to yellow and die. I was sitting and look at them, and I remembered that the problem started since I put the 250 watt M/H light in the grow box. I believe they were cooking in the cabinet they are in because of the added heat from the increased heat generated by the larger light. So until I can get more control in that space, I have switched back to cfl's for the light source. I guess I should see things improve rather quickly, I hope!

Hey bro, how r u ventilating your lights/grow room?

How close r the lights to the plants?

The grow cabinet, that I was having the problem with, is rather small, 40" h x 24" w x 16" w I only have been using it for early veg growth and have only 1 computer fan that is blowing in from the top side and is vented out the bottom. I had the light a 250watt M/H sitting about 12-14" above the plants and the first day or 2 they seemed to enjoy the extra light, I had replaced a group of cfl's with it because I just got a great deal on some new lights, and figured that it would be cool, but it turn and bite me in the butt. I have since put the cfl's back in the cabinet and the damage the extra heat was causing has stopped. I guess I just need to build or buy another somewhat larger veg cabinet, and equipt it better to adjust for the increased heat from the stronger light.

IMG_20602.JPG

group 2 has been back on cfl's for their light source now for 4 days not having any more problems with leaves turning yellow and dying, I should have realized before I made the change in the small grow cabinet that I needed better heat removal system in place before I added the M/H light to them! Just glad I found the problem out before it killed them all, that would have hurt!

There are a few leaves that still yellow, but over all I think they look healthy and happy!
for 3 week old plants

IMG_20611.JPG

Things are good with both groups, group 1 final count is 6 female of the original 13 plants, they all have mutiple bud sites, I still have not transplanted them working to dam much! group 2 looking pretty good, more stable growth taking place, I will try to post some pictures this weekend.

I finally got it together enough to transplant my group 1 plants to day, better late than never! Whatever I get from this group will be a bonus, They start out with problems and quite frankly I'm thrilled they have made it this far!

The follow pictures are of some of the buds that have started to show, a week ago, they will be starting their 3rd week in flower.

IMG_20621.JPG

IMG_20632.JPG

IMG_20632.JPG

Back
Top Bottom